• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Go Discussion

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Alright, everyone! Start coughing up those friend codes! I got pokemon to trade!

That's sucky part about the trading feature; it has to be via friend code. I only know one other person personally who plays the game, so trading's gonna be tough.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
Alright, everyone! Start coughing up those friend codes! I got pokemon to trade!

That's sucky part about the trading feature; it has to be via friend code. I only know one other person personally who plays the game, so trading's gonna be tough.

This just in: you still need to be within 100 meters of a person before you can trade with them, so unless one or more of you is comfortable with spoofing, swapping codes with random people on the internet is only gonna get you lots of Alolan eggs and Poke Balls.

EDIT: Speaking of which, has anyone confirmed the absence/lack of absence of Rare Candies in gifts? I haven't got any candies yet, but as you all know, I have the worst luck, so I'm not surprised by that and was wondering if it was a case of bad luck or if candies just aren't available like that.

Vipsoccermaster

This just in: you still need to be within 100 meters of a person before you can trade with them, so unless one or more of you is comfortable with spoofing, swapping codes with random people on the internet is only gonna get you lots of Alolan eggs and Poke Balls.

EDIT: Speaking of which, has anyone confirmed the absence/lack of absence of Rare Candies in gifts? I haven't got any candies yet, but as you all know, I have the worst luck, so I'm not surprised by that and was wondering if it was a case of bad luck or if candies just aren't available like that.
And trading those Alolan forms would net you lots of trading distance, so that's one use. As for Rare Candies, that's intentional. Niantic said that gifts won't contain items you get from raids. Just items you normally get from PokéStops and Gyms, on the rarer side (easier to get Max Revives, better potion types, better balls, etc.).

thekorean

Which is still better than nothing.

Seriously, they have to fix that if they are going to make certain Pokemons regional.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

That's good enough for now.

I wish they'd cut the crap and get to actual online trading and battling, even if that too will require stardust. It's the best to increase and maintain player activity since most players will never cross paths with each other.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
That's good enough for now.

I wish they'd cut the crap and get to actual online trading and battling, even if that too will require stardust. It's the best to increase and maintain player activity since most players will never cross paths with each other.

It helps if you join a facebook group for POGO in your area. I know students on campus have 400+ members for their group so they pass around their friend code to help prepare when we do cross paths. I'm not on campus right now (summer, my dude!) but I can still go back for raids and stuff when need be. I'm not at odds with the trade limitation because I knew from the outset that this is what they intended--to go out and meet real people and explore new places. I'm sure it's a bit lackluster for rural players though who don't have anyone else in the area.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Seriously, they have to fix that if they are going to make certain Pokemons regional.

Pokémon Go, being a collection-based game, could have easily been ruined by trading. If trading is easy, then why would anyone bother to go out and walk to hunt for rare stuff when they could sit on their couch and search the trade options instead? This would both mess with Go's economy and run counter to Niantic's vision of the game. Not to mention, you would also have botters and spoofers handing out free rare Pokémon and/or selling them, destroying the economy of Go even further. Personally, I didn't even want trading implemented, as I was afraid of it ruining the game, but I am actually quite pleased with the way this system turned out. It's not perfect, and can still be exploited, but it's better than I thought things would end up.

That all being said, I still think that regionals need to be done away with, or at the very least, have events like Farfetch'd for the other regionals, even with trading introduced already.

thekorean

Pokémon Go, being a collection-based game, could have easily been ruined by trading. If trading is easy, then why would anyone bother to go out and walk to hunt for rare stuff when they could sit on their couch and search the trade options instead? This would both mess with Go's economy and run counter to Niantic's vision of the game. Not to mention, you would also have botters and spoofers handing out free rare Pokémon and/or selling them, destroying the economy of Go even further. Personally, I didn't even want trading implemented, as I was afraid of it ruining the game, but I am actually quite pleased with the way this system turned out. It's not perfect, and can still be exploited, but it's better than I thought things would end up.

That all being said, I still think that regionals need to be done away with, or at the very least, have events like Farfetch'd for the other regionals, even with trading introduced already.
Fine but then they should not make pokemons regional.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
As for Rare Candies, that's intentional. Niantic said that gifts won't contain items you get from raids. Just items you normally get from PokéStops and Gyms, on the rarer side (easier to get Max Revives, better potion types, better balls, etc.).
Huh, I didn't read that anywhere. Oh well. It's not always convenient for me to go to Poke Stops every day, so getting some free balls is always appreciated.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
But then it starts to become a problem when these items start to take up storage and you have to keep on putting Pokémon into Gyms to grind coins. To buy more storage for the bag of course.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
But then it starts to become a problem when these items start to take up storage and you have to keep on putting Pokémon into Gyms to grind coins. To buy more storage for the bag of course.
That's not a problem, that's getting you to actually play the game to it's fullest.

Plus the entire game is nothing but a grind.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
That's not a problem, that's getting you to actually play the game to it's fullest.

Plus the entire game is nothing but a grind.
Travelling around to get to Gyms is sometimes a problem for me because it's not as convenient and I don't want to buy coins from the shop too. But at least I can agree with grinding to Level 40 being more painful than keeping on increasing your bag space so that you can store more Poké Balls.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Ran into some more errors today... had to log out and log back in and then I wasn't able to use a Pokestop or try to catch a Pokemon. Thing is, I walked up to the stop! So it shouldn't have done that. So now onto reporting that bug.

This is pretty much it:

The problem with identifying whether or not you’ve been soft-banned is that server connection issues and other game glitches can look just like a soft ban. For example, if you leave your phone alone for too long, it may temporarily lose connection to the server and not register the next spin that you try. And not all players are soft-banned when they travel fast in the game. So the ban isn’t consistent.

Source: https://heavy.com/games/2016/08/how...permanent-email-pokemongo-appeal-what-do-fix/

On a lighter note, saw a Lapras via preview window! First one I've seen in the wild in a while. And I caught some Wurmple and finally got a Silcoon, also got some items and a 10km egg.

Huh, I didn't read that anywhere. Oh well. It's not always convenient for me to go to Poke Stops every day, so getting some free balls is always appreciated.
Word. I appreciate the extra Pokeballs and items.

My issue is just running out of Pokemon space. Been working on saving up coins, but it's a bit of a pain when there aren't as many same color gyms as what you're a part of, the gyms are full and that kind of thing.

Travelling around to get to Gyms is sometimes a problem for me because it's not as convenient and I don't want to buy coins from the shop too. But at least I can agree with grinding to Level 40 being more painful than keeping on increasing your bag space so that you can store more Poké Balls.
Exactly.

But I do agree about the level grinding. It's that much harder to do in more rural areas and for anyone on limited cellular data.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Exactly.

But I do agree about the level grinding. It's that much harder to do in more rural areas and for anyone on limited cellular data.
Totally true. It takes 20 million EXP to get to Lv 40, which is definitely a lot and you gotta play regularly if you want to get there more quickly.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Totally true. It takes 20 million EXP to get to Lv 40, which is definitely a lot and you gotta play regularly if you want to get there more quickly.

Exactly. It would take a lot of players a lot of time to level up. I play as much as I can, hatching eggs and the like and I really appreciate the friends feature in terms of Pokeballs and stuff, just so I can catch more. Been trying to keep a few slots open though for the Squirtle event. Hoping to evolve at least one of my Wartortles.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Exactly. It would take a lot of players a lot of time to level up. I play as much as I can, hatching eggs and the like and I really appreciate the friends feature in terms of Pokeballs and stuff, just so I can catch more. Been trying to keep a few slots open though for the Squirtle event. Hoping to evolve at least one of my Wartortles.
And of course at least having space for a shiny Squirtle, which will hopefully become a Blastoise ;)

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
And of course at least having space for a shiny Squirtle, which will hopefully become a Blastoise ;)
Of course! If I can ever find another shiny :p. Haven't found any since a shiny Bulbasaur. Tried for a Larvitar but got no dice, and that was after a lot of them. Thankfully I still have a couple of lures. Will be using one at this next community day.

I'm still a bit upset at the Blastoise who got away though! Thankfully I have a bit of a start on the Squirtle candies, have around 14 of them left.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Of course! If I can ever find another shiny :p. Haven't found any since a shiny Bulbasaur. Tried for a Larvitar but got no dice, and that was after a lot of them. Thankfully I still have a couple of lures. Will be using one at this next community day.

I'm still a bit upset at the Blastoise who got away though! Thankfully I have a bit of a start on the Squirtle candies, have around 14 of them left.
Yeah, I’m sure you’ll get a lot of candies on the Community Day. Lures are also great to get a lot more Squirtle, especially for Candy.