• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Go Discussion

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Are we allowed to post friend codes and ask for friends here??

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
So, it was just confirmed that July's Research Breakthrough Pokémon will be Snorlax instead of a Legendary Pokémon.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, it seems really pathetic going from Legendary to non-Legendary Pokémon, but on the other, I was kind of annoyed with how easy Research Breakthroughs made it to get Legendary Pokémon, so this isn't the worst thing for me.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I would prefer the Research Pokémon to be Legendary because they are almost exclusively obtained in Raids in limited time. This gives them the rarity Legendaries are known for and it will be good if one Legendary was distributed a month, another Legendary on another and so on in cycles.

Vipsoccermaster

Well, the Snorlax you get from Research Breakthrough in July 2018 gives you a move called Body Slam. I'm indifferent about the reward, but why not, I'll take it since I never had a Snorlax with that move back in the early days.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
The only good thing is it means I'll be able to save up Rare Candies for a month because I don't plan on powering up Regice. The only thing I plan on powering up is Mewtwo if I get it tomorrow.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Well, the Snorlax you get from Research Breakthrough in July 2018 gives you a move called Body Slam. I'm indifferent about the reward, but why not, I'll take it since I never had a Snorlax with that move back in the early days.
Well yeah. Not too sure if it’ll eventually happen to Eevee, Jigglypuff and Meowth but because they lose Body Slam upon evolution it wouldn’t be as worth for them.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Well yeah. Not too sure if it’ll eventually happen to Eevee, Jigglypuff and Meowth but because they lose Body Slam upon evolution it wouldn’t be as worth for them.

Maybe Eevee, etc are rewards from the tasks themselves rather than the research breakthrough? That's my thought process. Either way, Body Slam is a pretty good move for Snorlax and while it sucks giving up legendaries to go to something less than that, it'll be OK. At least these Snorlax will have a generally good IV count. Prepare yourself, everyone, Snorlax is about to make a resurgence in the gyms.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Maybe Eevee, etc are rewards from the tasks themselves rather than the research breakthrough? That's my thought process. Either way, Body Slam is a pretty good move for Snorlax and while it sucks giving up legendaries to go to something less than that, it'll be OK. At least these Snorlax will have a generally good IV count. Prepare yourself, everyone, Snorlax is about to make a resurgence in the gyms.
I can see that, but Eevee seems to be more of a late Research Pokémon because of its rarity unlike Slowpoke, which is more common and can be found after getting the earlier stamps.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Yeah, I’m sure you’ll get a lot of candies on the Community Day. Lures are also great to get a lot more Squirtle, especially for Candy.
Yea I only need around 50 odd more. Have around 44 of them, thanks to the last 2km special eggs I got that hatched into Squirtles.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yea I only need around 50 odd more. Have around 44 of them, thanks to the last 2km special eggs I got that hatched into Squirtles.
That definitely seems good. You should be able to get Blastoise easily at that rate.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
So Articuno is our reward for the whole challenges thing. 3 hours of it in raids with a chance of being Shiny.

Hopefully when the 3 hours start it's like Community Day, but with Articuno Raids. 3 hours just isn't enough time to let RNG spawn a decent amount of 5-star Raids. The 5 free raid passes is really nice though.

Also, Roselia is now able to be shiny, and Alolan Rattata is now in 7km eggs, so be prepared to pull your hair out hatching Meowth and Rattata trying to get a Vulpix, Sandshrew, or Grimer!

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
So Articuno is our reward for the whole challenges thing. 3 hours of it in raids with a chance of being Shiny.

Hopefully when the 3 hours start it's like Community Day, but with Articuno Raids. 3 hours just isn't enough time to let RNG spawn a decent amount of 5-star Raids. The 5 free raid passes is really nice though.

Also, Roselia is now able to be shiny, and Alolan Rattata is now in 7km eggs, so be prepared to pull your hair out hatching Meowth and Rattata trying to get a Vulpix, Sandshrew, or Grimer!
Yep. Just wish it was a 3 star raid. But oh well. Glad I at least got one Articuno from the research stuff.

Wish that there was a chance to get an Alolan Exeggcute from one. Since I haven't spotted one Alolan Exeggutor yet.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
Does anyone know how long these current sets of Box deals will be going on? I'm trying to build up coins for incubators for the Community Day event. The current Ultra Box is looking pretty good, with 12 Super Incubators for 1480 coins (as opposed to getting them normally at 2200 coins). If the deals only last until the end of the Dortmund event, then I should really think about spending real cash on getting them now, but if they last for a week or so, then I can hold off until I earn more coins and lessen the blow on my wallet (regardless, I'll have to spent cash at some point. There's no way I'll earn enough coin to buy it for free before the deal ends.).

Erron Black

The Outlaw
So I scored big time with the extra Roselia spawns and the boosted shiny rates.

Got 2 Shiny Roselia, with one being a 91% and managed to score a 100% Roselia as well.

Roserade is looking even better and better!

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I would prefer the Research Pokémon to be Legendary because they are almost exclusively obtained in Raids in limited time. This gives them the rarity Legendaries are known for and it will be good if one Legendary was distributed a month, another Legendary on another and so on in cycles.
Same here, since not everyone is able to raid with a team, so Legendary raids are kind of a pipe dream for them. The research Pokemon were kind of a nice balance.

So I scored big time with the extra Roselia spawns and the boosted shiny rates.

Got 2 Shiny Roselia, with one being a 91% and managed to score a 100% Roselia as well.

Roserade is looking even better and better!
Nice!

Haven't found one yet. But I have been seeing a lot of the regular ones lately.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Same here, since not everyone is able to raid with a team, so Legendary raids are kind of a pipe dream for them. The research Pokemon were kind of a nice balance.
True especially when there are times no one goes to a raid.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
True especially when there are times no one goes to a raid.
Yea that sucks. It happens a lot too. Can't take down anything past 3 stars. Tried for the heck of it via a Tyranitar recently and didn't make much of a dent in it. Might try against that Articuno since I have some ok guys. But I don't count on anything.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yea that sucks. It happens a lot too. Can't take down anything past 3 stars. Tried for the heck of it via a Tyranitar recently and didn't make much of a dent in it. Might try against that Articuno since I have some ok guys. But I don't count on anything.
Yeah they’re quite tough especially with the CP being 10000+. It would definitely be better if we got to get more free Raid Passes a day.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah they’re quite tough especially with the CP being 10000+. It would definitely be better if we got to get more free Raid Passes a day.
Yea or maybe once the counter runs down and either no one shows up or very few do, the level would be brought down to a fair one so people have a chance. Agreed on that.

Seeing and running into nothing but crap lately. Disappointing. Been seeing plenty of Sentrets, Furrets, some Pidgeys, etc.,.