• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Go Discussion

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Got the Game to work for an hour yesterday. Just enough time to catch a Weedle, Caterpie, Pidgey and eevee.

How do i get more Candy for my Pokemon though?

Catch more of the same Pokémon to get more Candy.

I've heard it's best to max your training before evolution. How true is this?

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Catch more of the same Pokémon to get more Candy.

So its possible to find the starter pokemon in the wild then? Very rare i would assume.

sahil2312

Not really, squirtle is much more common compared to the unique single evolution Pokemon like tangela and chansey in my area

fleuriine

Nohrian Scum

I don't see what the benefit would be. The power-up requirements scale based on how powerful the pokemon is in the context of its species and your level, not based on the species itself from what I've seen. Technically, it shouldn't make a difference since the placement on the CP scale stays the same after evolution, meaning you're going to spend the same amount of candy and stardust regardless. However, I'd personally recommend going evolution first and then powering up, since evolved mons are more powerful and you get that evolution XP bonus.

So its possible to find the starter pokemon in the wild then? Very rare i would assume.

Yeah! I actually saw a wartortle on the way back home from school (but we were driving and on the highway, so we couldn't get it :') ) I'm not sure about the individual rarities of the starters, but they can also hatch from 2 km eggs as well, which is probably better if you don't have any starters in your area thanks to the massive amount of candies you get from hatching a mon.

Atroxi

Vulpix can have the first move: Ember, second move: Flame Charge
Beedrill can have the first move: Bug Bite
Pikachu can have second move: Thunder
Nidoran(Female) can have second move: Body Slam
Nidorino can have second move: Sludge Bomb
Golbat can have second move: Ominous Wind
Parasect can have second move: X-Scissor
Geodude can have first move: Tackle and second move: Rock Tomb
Haunter can have second move: Sludge Bomb
Rhyhorn can have first move: Mud Slap and second move: Horn Attack
Jolteon can have second move: Thunder

I have transferred so many pokemon that may have contributed to this, but here's what I have for now!

Shraeder

It's Lit
Can confirm that Dragonite has Steel Wing and Hyper Beam

Kruzenic

Twice today I experienced the Go version of critical capture. Anybody else see this yet?
For me, it happened with pokes I've already caught numerous times before.

Also, I have noticed that your trainer lv does restrict your ability to increase cp on a poke.
My raticate could not begin the 800 stardust costing cp growth until my trainer lv was at least 8.

mulldragon

I don't know if this has been brought up in here yet (too lazy to read 5 pages of forums) but everywhere I look the teams up, it says there's no impact or benefit aside from who you can fight in gyms. However, as a member of team Mystic surrounded by all of my friends being team Valor I have noticed I get 100 more EXP when I evolve a pokemon (600 to their 500) and since Mystic talks about evolution in their motto thing I believe team choice effected this. I'm curious if anyone else is noticing the benefits or if I'm just getting extra EXP for no reason.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Can anybody tell me how the grass is supposed to work?? I thought when you were near a grass or right on top of it, a pokemon was supposed to appear but whenever I go to a grass there seems to be nothing there. Is this just me or is it happening with others.

fleuriine

Nohrian Scum
Twice today I experienced the Go version of critical capture. Anybody else see this yet?
For me, it happened with pokes I've already caught numerous times before.

I just had that happen to me to!! I was out catching a pidgeotto and it only shook once before registering it as caught. I wondered if it was a glitch, but it might be a critical capture instead!

I don't know if this has been brought up in here yet (too lazy to read 5 pages of forums) but everywhere I look the teams up, it says there's no impact or benefit aside from who you can fight in gyms. However, as a member of team Mystic surrounded by all of my friends being team Valor I have noticed I get 100 more EXP when I evolve a pokemon (600 to their 500) and since Mystic talks about evolution in their motto thing I believe team choice effected this. I'm curious if anyone else is noticing the benefits or if I'm just getting extra EXP for no reason.

That's super fascinating! I'm team Instinct, so I wouldn't be able to confirm for you other than that when I evolve a pokemon, I get 500 XP as well. I haven't noticed any strange benefits so far, although if there are actually benefits in place, I wonder if team Instinct members have a higher percent chance of getting eggs from pokestops. I would assume that Valor's benefit would be a higher CP growth when one powers up a pokemon, but I can't say for sure since the amount of CP gained varies anyways.

scyllas

Is this the thread for finding moves on Pokemon that haven't been add to the Pokemon list cause I have a tauros with horn att

fleuriine

Nohrian Scum
I just wanna know if Shinies or nah? ;-;

I remember an image floating around twitter a couple of days ago with a shiny zubat! I'm not sure if it was edited or not and I can't confirm since I haven't run into any shinies myself, but it's certainly a real possibility!

Is this the thread for finding moves on Pokemon that haven't been add to the Pokemon list cause I have a tauros with horn att

There's no specific thread dedicated to that, but I think making one might be beneficial (and helpful to Serebii). I'll go do that right now!
[Edit] Here it is!

Can anybody tell me how the grass is supposed to work?? I thought when you were near a grass or right on top of it, a pokemon was supposed to appear but whenever I go to a grass there seems to be nothing there. Is this just me or is it happening with others.

[Edit] I'm so sorry, I didn't see this post! Currently, no one's really sure about what the shaking grass represents or does. Each time I've headed towards the shaking grass, I've had what you describe happen, but others claim it's an indicator of where a pokemon is.

Last edited:

China gengar

Anyone know if there is a place where you can check where Pokemon Go will work? I live in China and it just show the blank map with no pokestops or pokemon, but for about 10 minutes today it started working, I managed to use the pokestop which is in my garden, and i saw 2 Monkeys and a marchoke not far from me, I managed to use the Pokestop and got 3 poke balls but by the end of the cool down the game crashed and now its back to normal. could this be a sign that its about to start working? I hope so as there are about 30 pokestops 5 minutes away from my home and 4 gyms close to me also they wait is awful, what makes it worse is I got a small taste only for it to be taken away.

BCVM22

Anyone know if there is a place where you can check where Pokemon Go will work?

If you're not in one of the countries where it's been released, you probably shouldn't expect it to "work" consistently and reliably, regardless of how you managed to download it.

Rakurai

It kind of irks me that gyms function completely on a "first come first served" basis.

...Mostly because the ones in my area are occupied by mostly low CP Pokemon who aren't going to be able to do a good job of defending them at all.

BCVM22

Tell the teammates in your area to get their shart together, then! Or better yet, leave a strong Pokémon at a Gym and show them how it's done.

In seriousness, I have three Gyms in viewing range and they all change hands at least once daily. That's the nature of the game. I wouldn't worry about it.