• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Go Discussion

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yea or maybe once the counter runs down and either no one shows up or very few do, the level would be brought down to a fair one so people have a chance. Agreed on that.
Yeah that should happen. We should also be able to see how many players are participating in a raid live.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Yeah that should happen. We should also be able to see how many players are participating in a raid live.
Yea that's a good idea. We see the basics after the raid starts, but it would be great to see the numbers before hand.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yea that's a good idea. We see the basics after the raid starts, but it would be great to see the numbers before hand.
Yeah it will also be great to see the raid in real-time to see how much HP the raid Pokémon has left.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Just thought of something else, I hope that they have Mewtwo as a research reward some day. Since not everyone has a chance to get one in a raid battle. It would be nice to at least get one.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Just thought of something else, I hope that they have Mewtwo as a research reward some day. Since not everyone has a chance to get one in a raid battle. It would be nice to at least get one.
True. It’s also a powerful Pokémon so it will be nice but then everyone has access to it so it may be found everywhere in the Gyms unless it’s banned.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
True. It’s also a powerful Pokémon so it will be nice but then everyone has access to it so it may be found everywhere in the Gyms unless it’s banned.
Fair enough. But maybe bringing it down to a 3 star raid every so often might help. And legends can't be found in Gyms. I tried placing one once and it wouldn't let me. So that's a good thing.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Fair enough. But maybe bringing it down to a 3 star raid every so often might help. And legends can't be found in Gyms. I tried placing one once and it wouldn't let me. So that's a good thing.
Yeah most Legendaries have ridiculous CP so that’s why they can’t be put into Gyms. I wish that commonly found Pokémon in Gyms like Blissey, Dragonite, Salamence, etc. are found more as Research Pokémon.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah most Legendaries have ridiculous CP so that’s why they can’t be put into Gyms. I wish that commonly found Pokémon in Gyms like Blissey, Dragonite, Salamence, etc. are found more as Research Pokémon.
Same here. But that legends are still able to be found. Just a good mix.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Same here. But that legends are still able to be found. Just a good mix.
Yeah so that it’ll be easier for more players to enter the competitive scene because these Pokémon have good IVs. But still I want more ways to boost EXP in Pokémon GO or they could also make Lucky Eggs more common.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah so that it’ll be easier for more players to enter the competitive scene because these Pokémon have good IVs. But still I want more ways to boost EXP in Pokémon GO or they could also make Lucky Eggs more common.
Yea that's never a bad thing. I don't mind another Snorlax. The more the merrier.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yea that's never a bad thing. I don't mind another Snorlax. The more the merrier.
Yeah it’s definitely easier to gain EXP than before. Snorlax is quite rare in the wild so it’s good as a Research Pokémon. I’m also hoping that Lapras will become one. I’ve never gotten a Lapras before.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah it’s definitely easier to gain EXP than before. Snorlax is quite rare in the wild so it’s good as a Research Pokémon. I’m also hoping that Lapras will become one. I’ve never gotten a Lapras before.
Yea it is. I hope so too. Only was able to get either of them from an egg. Was so thrilled and surprised. Hope you're able to get one asap.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yea it is. I hope so too. Only was able to get either of them from an egg. Was so thrilled and surprised. Hope you're able to get one asap.
Thanks. In my region I don’t see as many Lapras as Snorlax so it’s harder to find one compared to Snorlax. But I don’t see as many Lapras in Gyms though.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Thanks. In my region I don’t see as many Lapras as Snorlax so it’s harder to find one compared to Snorlax. But I don’t see as many Lapras in Gyms though.

I've seen a wild Lapras once and it was during the first Water Festival. It was in a closed park and since I didn't want to get arrested...I couldn't get it. I hatched one from an egg and only got a second one with the Lapras task with the most recent Water Festival. I could never do a Lapras raid on campus when they were still around, but here's hoping to you! Hopefully they'll bring Lapras back when Regirock cycles in.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
Breaking up the back and forth a bit (curses; Greninja'd by Cometstarlight again!), Niantic did officially reveal that Celebi was coming soon, but they weren't more specific than that. What do you guys think? And I'm talking not about the Chicago version, but the version everyone else is gonna get perhaps afterwards. The end of July? August? September? And what Pokemon should we be working on right now to prepare for the almost-certainly-gonna-exist phases that are way out of reach to most people ("Evolve Swablu," "Evolve Seadea," "Evolve each of the Eevee evolutions [Does not count any you've currently owned and evolved]," "Throw an Excellent Curve Ball counterclockwise").

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I've seen a wild Lapras once and it was during the first Water Festival. It was in a closed park and since I didn't want to get arrested...I couldn't get it. I hatched one from an egg and only got a second one with the Lapras task with the most recent Water Festival. I could never do a Lapras raid on campus when they were still around, but here's hoping to you! Hopefully they'll bring Lapras back when Regirock cycles in.
Thanks. Unfortunately I missed out on most of the latest Water Festival and I only came back at the end of it. I at least got some Mudkips and some other Water-types that are rare in my area though. Hopefully the Lapras will have an event-only move to make it more special.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I'm a little perturbed by today's Squirtle Community Day. I love the idea of the Squirtle with sunglasses, but seriously, what's the point of bothering to make Squirtle with sunglasses, if it's not the iconic sunglasses of Ash's Squirtle? It's obvious that Ash's Squirtle is the only reason Niantic would even consider giving out special Squirtle with glasses, so why not give it those glasses? Quite a let down.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
I was thinking about this the other day and I guess I should put it up here for other people to discuss. I thought that maybe Niantic should start doing a Team Instinct/Mystic/Valor Day every once in a while, where members of that particular team get some sort of bonus (double exp, double stardust, half egg distance, stuff like that). The three days would be either back to back (Mon, Tues, Wed) or something along the lines of the first three Saturdays of October. I just think it would be kind of neat if Niantic were to do something to recognize the fact that teams exists. And, since the amount of players affected by such a day would be drastically lower than the amount affected by Community Days (i.e.: all of them), there would theoretically be less stress on the servers and less instances of crashes and glitches. What do you all think?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I was thinking about this the other day and I guess I should put it up here for other people to discuss. I thought that maybe Niantic should start doing a Team Instinct/Mystic/Valor Day every once in a while, where members of that particular team get some sort of bonus (double exp, double stardust, half egg distance, stuff like that). The three days would be either back to back (Mon, Tues, Wed) or something along the lines of the first three Saturdays of October. I just think it would be kind of neat if Niantic were to do something to recognize the fact that teams exists. And, since the amount of players affected by such a day would be drastically lower than the amount affected by Community Days (i.e.: all of them), there would theoretically be less stress on the servers and less instances of crashes and glitches. What do you all think?

Personally, I don't enjoy the team aspect of the game that much, and would like them to not focus on them any more than they already are.

Also, there's potential problems with if a Mystic player is only able to play on Valor or Instinct's day. That would be a bit unfair that a mostly arbitrary decision you made two years ago could haunt you in such a way.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I'm a little perturbed by today's Squirtle Community Day. I love the idea of the Squirtle with sunglasses, but seriously, what's the point of bothering to make Squirtle with sunglasses, if it's not the iconic sunglasses of Ash's Squirtle? It's obvious that Ash's Squirtle is the only reason Niantic would even consider giving out special Squirtle with glasses, so why not give it those glasses? Quite a let down.
possibly because it was a last minute decision kind of deal and they didn't have the time to make a new asset for Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise so they just reused the Pikachu glasses.

I loved the researches this time though. I'd always wanted them to be encounters FOR the community day Pokemon. Basically ensures that if you keep catching the community day Pokemon rather than quick check for a shiny you could get really good ones and possibly even really good shiny ones. Plus, it's more encounters of the community day Pokemon in general.

Also loved Articuno day. I hope they do this again with other legendaries or even just normal Pokemon like Snorlax or Lapras. It gets people out to do more raids and talk with people, and it introduces more shinies to the game, which is never a bad thing.