• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Go Discussion

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Personally, I don't enjoy the team aspect of the game that much, and would like them to not focus on them any more than they already are.

Also, there's potential problems with if a Mystic player is only able to play on Valor or Instinct's day. That would be a bit unfair that a mostly arbitrary decision you made two years ago could haunt you in such a way.
^ This. We don't need to make it any more competitive than it is already.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
Also, there's potential problems with if a Mystic player is only able to play on Valor or Instinct's day. That would be a bit unfair that a mostly arbitrary decision you made two years ago could haunt you in such a way.
I'm sorry, but that argument is not going to stand up. I know quite a few local people who can't go to EX-Raids because the raids are scheduled at odd hours that they can't make it to. They go through all the trouble of finding an EX-Raid eligible gym, finding out when a raid is taking place there, beat said raid, hope that they get chosen in the lottery to determine who gets to go to an EX-Raid, and then be dejected when they find out that it's at a time they can't make it to. Oh well, better luck next month (if you get chosen). And there's plenty of active players who can't go to Community Day events because they work the weekends. I, myself, can only participate in the latter half of the 3 hour event because of work, and I'm considered one of the lucky ones. The point is, there will always be players who are unable to play during a one-day event. That's just how the real world works. So your argument just doesn't work.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I'm sorry, but that argument is not going to stand up. I know quite a few local people who can't go to EX-Raids because the raids are scheduled at odd hours that they can't make it to. They go through all the trouble of finding an EX-Raid eligible gym, finding out when a raid is taking place there, beat said raid, hope that they get chosen in the lottery to determine who gets to go to an EX-Raid, and then be dejected when they find out that it's at a time they can't make it to. Oh well, better luck next month (if you get chosen). And there's plenty of active players who can't go to Community Day events because they work the weekends. I, myself, can only participate in the latter half of the 3 hour event because of work, and I'm considered one of the lucky ones. The point is, there will always be players who are unable to play during a one-day event. That's just how the real world works. So your argument just doesn't work.

It's not the best argument, it's just a potential issue.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
It's not the best argument, it's just a potential issue.
I kinda agree with The Teller. It's been an issue since one day events appeared beginning with Mewtwo raids. There's nothing they can do to make it 'fair for everyone'.

Sometimes they schedule it on a day you can make it, and other times they schedule it on a day where you're too busy. That's just life. I've had to miss Mewtwo raids because I was on vacation or I just didn't have the time to make it. It's frustrating, but it happens. At least with Community Day, that Pokemon can still be shiny post-event.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I kinda agree with The Teller. It's been an issue since one day events appeared beginning with Mewtwo raids. There's nothing they can do to make it 'fair for everyone'.

Sometimes they schedule it on a day you can make it, and other times they schedule it on a day where you're too busy. That's just life. I've had to miss Mewtwo raids because I was on vacation or I just didn't have the time to make it. It's frustrating, but it happens. At least with Community Day, that Pokemon can still be shiny post-event.

To go more in-depth about why I said it might be a problem for the Team Day idea, as opposed to things like Community Day or EX Raids, the main difference with those other things is that it's all or nothing. Either you can make the date, or you can't. But for Team Day, you may be able to play the day of one team's, but not yours. Suddenly, your personal schedule isn't the only problem, it's also the arbitrary choice of team you picked in the very beginning. Like I said, it's not that much bigger of a deal than those other things, but it is something.

Vipsoccermaster

Zapdos is confirmed to be the bonus unlock on Saturday, July 21, 2018, should the research tasks from GO Fest 2018 are all met. It will function the same way Articuno did. Three hours, five free passes. May encounter a shiny. All Zapdos you encounter will definitely know the Fast Move, Thundershock.

Guess that leaves Moltres in September 2018.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Pokemon Go teased Gen 4 earlier with a screenshot including Piplup, Turtwig, and Chimchar.

If they're doing this now, that likely means Gen 4 is just on the horizon, which is very exciting news. I'm guessing maybe late August or sometime in September?

Also curious that they included the Legendary Beasts. Perhaps after Snorlax in the Research Breakthroughs we'll be seeing them make their debut as the Breakthrough encounters? I sure hope so, I only got one Suicune and didn't get Entei or Raikou at all, so having them comeback in any way, shape, or form is perfectly fine to me.

Now if only Groudon and Rayquaza could come back...

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Pokemon Go teased Gen 4 earlier with a screenshot including Piplup, Turtwig, and Chimchar.

If they're doing this now, that likely means Gen 4 is just on the horizon, which is very exciting news. I'm guessing maybe late August or sometime in September?

Also curious that they included the Legendary Beasts. Perhaps after Snorlax in the Research Breakthroughs we'll be seeing them make their debut as the Breakthrough encounters? I sure hope so, I only got one Suicune and didn't get Entei or Raikou at all, so having them comeback in any way, shape, or form is perfectly fine to me.

Now if only Groudon and Rayquaza could come back...

Really? Would you mind linking a screenshot?

Hopefully they'll recycle through the beasts and remaining weather trio for players who didn't get them on the first time around. Not to mention the beasts' shiny forms look amazing (imo at least) and they're pretty strong with the exception of Suicune, poor thing. Its shiny form is also pretty good though. As for Breakthrough encounters, I'm honestly not sure if they'll go back to legendaries or not. I hope so, for those who don't have one, but if not, maybe a rare Pokemon like Dragonite, Lapras, Tyranitar, etc.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Dh9B8e3X0AEgUQr.jpg:large
That's the image that teased the Gen 4 starters. Turtwig is seen interacting with Totodile and Torchic, Chimchar is seen climbing a pole and Piplup is seen sleeping next to Absol. Overall, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing Gen 4 Pokémon being in the game although the rollout will be expected to be a bit slow like what happened with Gens 2 and 3. Looks like Celebi is being teased as well. I would also like Jirachi and Deoxys to arrive soon.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Dh9B8e3X0AEgUQr.jpg:large
That's the image that teased the Gen 4 starters. Turtwig is seen interacting with Totodile and Torchic, Chimchar is seen climbing a pole and Piplup is seen sleeping next to Absol. Overall, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing Gen 4 Pokémon being in the game although the rollout will be expected to be a bit slow like what happened with Gens 2 and 3. Looks like Celebi is being teased as well. I would also like Jirachi and Deoxys to arrive soon.

Oh, that's awesome! That means we can (hopefully) expect gen 4 by the end of the year.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Oh, that's awesome! That means we can (hopefully) expect gen 4 by the end of the year.
Yeah, things are definitely going to change soon and possibly quickly. I guess the starters and the baby Pokémon of Gen 4 will be among the first to be introduced.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
With Celebi done, this leaves Smeargle as the sole Johto Pokémon remaining. Hoenn still has 10 more species to go(2 Mythical, 8 common).

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
With Celebi done, this leaves Smeargle as the sole Johto Pokémon remaining. Hoenn still has 10 more species to go(2 Mythical, 8 common).
So for Hoenn, we've got Nincada, Ninjask, Shedinja, Spinda, Kecleon, Clamperl, Gorebyss, Huntail, Regirock, Registeel, Jirachi and Deoxys. For Regirock and Registeel, they're confirmed to be available in future raids and Jirachi and Deoxys could be Mythical Discovery exclusive encounters. Maybe because Spinda has so many patterns, it's hard to put them all into Pokémon GO and to obtain Shedinja in the games, an ordinary Poké Ball would be used up for Nincada's evolution but maybe Niantic is having trouble with that. Clamperl's evolutions are branched, which both require different evolutionary items, which I guess Niantic is also having trouble with. I don't think Kecleon can be put into the game without too many problems. For Smeargle, I guess it's most likely to do with Sketch, which allows it to copy an opponent's attack permanently. But maybe Niantic isn't too sure how it will be used.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
So the main site says that Beldum has been seen in increased numbers, but I didn't see any today. Has anyone else seen any? I'm not in Chicago, so I'm asking about the spawn rates globally. I have seen everything else besides Unown and Torkoal (even caught a shiny Plusle).

Also, how are they going to handle Smeargle? I'm just waiting for them to announce it as a France-only Pokemon and drink the tears of all the butthurt people. You know it'll (probably, maybe) happen.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Not complaining, but I do have to say, I enjoyed last year's Go Fest bonuses better than this year's. Having pretty much everything doubled for a week was absolutely great. Bonus candies and Zapdos day just don't compare. I was hoping that we would at least get a true double experience event this time around, but it looks like not. Oh well.

Vipsoccermaster

Celebi will come soon, of course, after GO Fest 2018. But Jirachi won't be here for a long while, though.

@The Teller Some of them are spawning more in Chicago than globally. So yeah, seems like Beldum is increased in Chicago, but still rare globally elsewhere. Same for the Unown.

@Bguy7 We just had triple catch XP, triple hatch XP, and double raid XP in the first week of July 2018. Tomorrow, starting at 1:00 PM PDT, we'll be getting bonus catch candy, double hatch candy, reduced hatching distance (cut by half), and a guaranteed Rare Candy for every raid you win. Niantic wouldn't give bonus XP right after the another. Stardust bonuses will be in September 2018.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yeah, Celebi is definitely coming soon but we're not sure of its timing but I guess that the Gen 4 starters will come after Celebi is introduced. Since Gen 3 was released in December 2017 and Gen 2 was released in February 2017, I guess that a likely release date for Gen 4 will be somewhere in the end of the year or in the beginning of 2019.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
@Bguy7 We just had triple catch XP, triple hatch XP, and double raid XP in the first week of July 2018. Tomorrow, starting at 1:00 PM PDT, we'll be getting bonus catch candy, double hatch candy, reduced hatching distance (cut by half), and a guaranteed Rare Candy for every raid you win. Niantic wouldn't give bonus XP right after the another. Stardust bonuses will be in September 2018.

I said a true double experience event. The double (or triple) catch experience doesn't really mean that much because they don't increase the biggest source of experience, Lucky Egg evolution sessions. Regardless, I was hoping for another event like last year where everything is boosted, including true double experience. Having just the candy stuff seems underwhelming after what we got last year.

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
The biggest source of experience is via raids

20k for a few minutes of work w/ a lucky egg is a lot

which is why during Articuno day the average xp gain in that 3 hour timeframe was ~300k

Sure, if you have access to a lot of gyms, people who will Raid with you, coins/money to spend on Raid passes, and are available when the Raids appear. It's extremely easier to organize an evolution session, as you can do it by yourself, on your own time, regardless of where you live. Admittedly, it takes time to build up a stock of things to evolve, but the effort is still so much less.

Even assuming that's all not a problem for you, it takes three Legendary Raids in a row with a Lucky Egg running to gain 60,000 experience, which is still less than I can get with a Lucky Egg evolution session. You'd have to somehow manage four Legendary Raids in a half hour period to make it a more efficient usage of Lucky Eggs.

Raiding is only the better experience option if you don't mind spending loads of coins/money on Raid Passes and Lucky Eggs, as well as having the ability to raid multiple times in a row in the first place.