• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Go Discussion

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Raiding is only the better experience option if you don't mind spending loads of coins/money on Raid Passes and Lucky Eggs, as well as having the ability to raid multiple times in a row in the first place.
I never said the easiest or most reliable source.

I just said best source. In other words... you get a lot of EXP in a short amount of time with next to no effort other than jumping in and tapping on your device repeatedly until it's defeated.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I never said the easiest or most reliable source.

I just said best source. In other words... you get a lot of EXP in a short amount of time with next to no effort other than jumping in and tapping on your device repeatedly until it's defeated.

You and I must have very different definitions of best.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Why has it been so difficult for me to obtain an Alolan Vulpix? Literally every egg I've hatched has been an Alolan Grimer.

Is there a certain way of going about it? Or are they just rarer than other Alolan forms?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Why has it been so difficult for me to obtain an Alolan Vulpix? Literally every egg I've hatched has been an Alolan Grimer.

Is there a certain way of going about it? Or are they just rarer than other Alolan forms?

It's just rare. I wouldn't worry about it though, in two or three months time, we'll be complaining about the Alolan eggs getting boring, given their limited stock.

Erron Black

The Outlaw

They all have hatch-rates, just like wild Pokemon have catch-rates.

Alolan Meowth, Rattata, and Sandshrew all have the highest with 27.6%, Grimer is rare with a 13.8%, and Vulpix is the rarest with a 3.4% hatch-rate.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Alolan Vulpix is the most popular Alolan form so it would make perfect sense to make it the rarest Alolan form in the game. The others just aren't as popular and hence they are more commonly found in gifted Eggs.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
It's just rare. I wouldn't worry about it though, in two or three months time, we'll be complaining about the Alolan eggs getting boring, given their limited stock.

I really would like to have an Alolan Vulpix for my run in Let's GO, though.

It will be the sixth member of my Lorelei team.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I really would like to have an Alolan Vulpix for my run in Let's GO, though.

It will be the sixth member of my Lorelei team.
I don't think Alolan forms will be in Let's GO, if I remember correctly.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I don't think Alolan forms will be in Let's GO, if I remember correctly.
I heard that some of them will be in, but we don't know yet which ones will be in. For the ones that will be in, I expect them to be transferrable to Let's GO unlike event Pokémon and Legendaries.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I heard that some of them will be in, but we don't know yet which ones will be in. For the ones that will be in, I expect them to be transferrable to Let's GO unlike event Pokémon and Legendaries.
Ah, all right, good to know. My mistake! Guess that means I gotta hatch another Alolan Vulpix!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ah, all right, good to know. My mistake! Guess that means I gotta hatch another Alolan Vulpix!
I think it's likely it will be transferrable due to its popularity although I can't guarantee it. But I would definitely like all Alolan forms to be transferrable so that none get left behind. But I also like more Alolan forms to be able to be encountered in the wild and to become available in Pokéstop Eggs.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Interestingly this year's Tanabata will be in August 17th, which will be when Regirock will likely appear in Japan. Jirachi might appear that time, in that case Deoxys might be for September, alongside Sinnoh mons.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Interestingly this year's Tanabata will be in August 17th, which will be when Regirock will likely appear in Japan. Jirachi might appear that time, in that case Deoxys might be for September, alongside Sinnoh mons.

Seems unlikely that Jirachi and Deoxys will be in regular Raids. With Celebi appearing for Go Fest's Special Research, it seems to confirm that event-exclusive Legendary Pokémon will be released via alternative means, such as Special Research.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
^Yeah, that's what I meant, actually. I suspect they will be temporary Research Quests like Celebi.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I also expect that at some point, Clamperl will be able to be encountered in the wild. They're not like they're event exclusive or Legendary, although I can see their means of debut can still be via Special Research.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I read the the raid boss list had a bunch of changes with Registeel replacing Regirock. Flareon is now in as a level 3. Several alola Pokemon have also been added as raid bosses: Exeggutor, Raichu, and Marowak which makes sense due to them not having an alola nonevolved form. I am hoping to solo some of the new bosses today.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I read the the raid boss list had a bunch of changes with Registeel replacing Regirock. Flareon is now in as a level 3. Several alola Pokemon have also been added as raid bosses: Exeggutor, Raichu, and Marowak which makes sense due to them not having an alola nonevolved form. I am hoping to solo some of the new bosses today.

Alolan Raichu and Exeggutor should definitely be solo-able. Marowak, can be duo-ed (I think) as it is terrified of threats like Tyranitar. Tier 1 is filled with Pokemon that can be shiny, tier 2 has Kirlia, tier 3 has Donphan and Porygon, tier 4 has Golem, Marowak, and Houndoom, etc. I know there's more than that, but the way the raids are shaping up is for a Gen 4 release. I'm thinking maybe December/January, but I've been wrong before. Either way, I'm really loving the options given. Kinda sucks that I passed up that Aerodactyl yesterday. Had I known it was getting cycled out, I would've booked it in those last 7 minutes, but hey, you win some you lose some. Maybe in my case it's you snooze you lose, but no matter! We've got some good stuff in these raids.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
Raichu ended up being fairly easy to solo as long as you make sure to use Bite / Crunch Tyranitar instead of the Smackdown one. I had about 20 seconds left when I beat it. Donphan wasn't terribly hard either since it happened to be raining I was able to use my Kyogre and Gyarados to easily defeat it.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
The APK mine was definitely interesting with Lucky Pokemon being a highlight! Getting a Pokemon you don't need stardust to power up? Sign me up!