• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Go Discussion

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I was really hoping they would at least say what the research tasks are first if they are announcing Celebi. My advice is to start walking a couple Eevee and don't evolve them because it is highly likely you'll need to get an Espeon and Umbreon for the research.

Fortunately, if you walk an Eevee, you don't have to evolve it right away. You can walk it to 10k, take it off, walk another Pokemon, and put it back on when you're ready for an Espeon/Umbreon!

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
I finally got around to evolving a shiny Eevee into an Espeon today. Don't know what the IVs are, but it's sitting pretty at CP 2596, so that makes it my second most powerful psychic. I'm working on an even more powerful, non-shiny Eevee now. Gonna make it an Umbreon, so something can finally last in gyms.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Unown can be found in the wild like other Pokémon but they’re basically as rare as Lapras and Snorlax in terms of rarity in a standard overworld encounter. Sometimes there are events where within a specific area, certain letters of Unown that spell out something will have increased spawn rates there. I don’t think an event like that is happening at this moment.

thekorean

Is there any other benefit to hatching gift eggs when you found all the hatchable Alolan Pokémon’s?

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Is there any other benefit to hatching gift eggs when you found all the hatchable Alolan Pokémon’s?

Looking for perfects or high IVs, or just extra Alolan Vulpixs b/c people would probably trade something of value for it. Other than that, not much.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
So, apparently one of the tasks for Celebii is to make three new friends. Did it not occur to Niantic that most people at this point will already have traded friend codes with everyone they know who plays the game, leaving them with no one else to make friends with? Or what about people who don't have any friends who play the game? This is messed up.

EDIT: Just read that you can delete and re-add a friend to have it count. You keep the friendship progress too. Do this three times and you're good. Still kind of dumb that we have to exploit the system, but at least I don't have to ask random strangers online for their friend codes.

Last edited:

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
So, apparently one of the tasks for Celebii is to make three new friends. Did it not occur to Niantic that most people at this point will already have traded friend codes with everyone they know who plays the game, leaving them with no one else to make friends with? Or what about people who don't have any friends who play the game? This is messed up.

EDIT: Just read that you can delete and re-add a friend to have it count. You keep the friendship progress too. Do this three times and you're good. Still kind of dumb that we have to exploit the system, but at least I don't have to ask random strangers online for their friend codes.

For me, I was doing a level 3 raid with some random people and afterwards we just all traded friend codes with each other. I already limited myself to just 15 people who regularly gift me things, and (and I know this doesn't apply to people who live out in the middle of nowhere) I live in an area where if you raid anything non-solo, you're almost guaranteed to run into someone who you don't have a friend code for. I'm most likely going to delete them after a few days. It may still be asking random strangers for friend codes, but at least we all know when we get deleted that we were all being used for a Celebi.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
It may still be asking random strangers for friend codes, but at least we all know when we get deleted that we were all being used for a Celebi.

I could probably manage something like that too, I just hate the idea of asking strangers, even if I can just delete them.

thekorean

Wish there was a way to transfer PokeCoins to friends, purely for selfish reason tbh. I could really use 1.3 egg hatchers for my farm account with 2 10km eggs and my main account has 4500 Pokemcoins.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
So how good are Umbreon and Shuckle at defending gyms? I got pretty high CP ones, though neither are at 2000, and I was wondering if maybe they'd have a better time defending a gym (theoretically by themselves) over just sending in my 4x weakness, high CP Pokemon like Gyarados, Exeggcutor, or Aggron (no, I really don't have anything over 2500 that doesn't have a 4x weakness to something).

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So how good are Umbreon and Shuckle at defending gyms? I got pretty high CP ones, though neither are at 2000, and I was wondering if maybe they'd have a better time defending a gym (theoretically by themselves) over just sending in my 4x weakness, high CP Pokemon like Gyarados, Exeggcutor, or Aggron (no, I really don't have anything over 2500 that doesn't have a 4x weakness to something).
They’re quite good because of Shuckle’s high base Defense of 396 (being the highest ever) even though it has a low base HP of 40 and Umbreon’s base Defense of 250 and HP of 190 are quite high. But overall Blissey is the best because it has high Defense of 229 and HP of 510 (highest ever) and defends Gyms very well consistently. That’s why Blissey are commonly seen in Gyms.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
They’re quite good because of Shuckle’s high base Defense of 396 (being the highest ever) even though it has a low base HP of 40 and Umbreon’s base Defense of 250 and HP of 190 are quite high. But overall Blissey is the best because it has high Defense of 229 and HP of 510 (highest ever) and defends Gyms very well consistently. That’s why Blissey are commonly seen in Gyms.
Well, my Umbreon's CP is 1838, and at my level, that's as high as it's gonna get right now (I'm level 34), and Shuckle's is 164 (the screen's showing that to be about 3/4's full). The problem with Blissey is that she's sitting at only 2005 CP, and that's only after I poured the rest of my Chansey candy into it (it was a very weak Chansey that I had to evolve), so she tends to be KOed pretty quickly, which is another reason why I asked the question to begin with. I really never see people put in Umbreon or Shuckle, which is why I questioned how defensive they are, but then again, I bet most people, like me, just default to mindlessly putting their high CP Pokemon in gyms without thinking about actual stats (that they can't see). Good to know that Umbreon and Shuckle are good, just underrepresented!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Well, my Umbreon's CP is 1838, and at my level, that's as high as it's gonna get right now (I'm level 34), and Shuckle's is 164 (the screen's showing that to be about 3/4's full). The problem with Blissey is that she's sitting at only 2005 CP, and that's only after I poured the rest of my Chansey candy into it (it was a very weak Chansey that I had to evolve), so she tends to be KOed pretty quickly, which is another reason why I asked the question to begin with. I really never see people put in Umbreon or Shuckle, which is why I questioned how defensive they are, but then again, I bet most people, like me, just default to mindlessly putting their high CP Pokemon in gyms without thinking about actual stats (that they can't see). Good to know that Umbreon and Shuckle are good, just underrepresented!
Out of these two I would prefer Umbreon though. It’s more all-rounded in terms of bulk and there’s a risk that Shuckle’s low HP will do more harm than good.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
Not gonna lie., I kinda lowkey want the Ultra Bonus to go like this:

Niantic: "Hey Trainers, thanks for spending the entire summer doing a bunch of research tasks on behalf of Professor Willow! You should all feel proud of yourselves for unlocking the Ultra Bonus. It's time to reveal what that exactly is. The Ultra Bonus that you all worked so hard for for 3 months is...Smeargle! For 36 hours, starting 0200 PDT, Smeargle will be available as a Tier 4 Raid Boss. After that, rest easy, knowing that Smeargle's spawn rate will make Unown's look like Pidgey's. So get out there and paint the town red...or blue, or yellow!"

Fans: *an appropriate response*

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Not gonna lie., I kinda lowkey want the Ultra Bonus to go like this:

Niantic: "Hey Trainers, thanks for spending the entire summer doing a bunch of research tasks on behalf of Professor Willow! You should all feel proud of yourselves for unlocking the Ultra Bonus. It's time to reveal what that exactly is. The Ultra Bonus that you all worked so hard for for 3 months is...Smeargle! For 36 hours, starting 0200 PDT, Smeargle will be available as a Tier 4 Raid Boss. After that, rest easy, knowing that Smeargle's spawn rate will make Unown's look like Pidgey's. So get out there and paint the town red...or blue, or yellow!"

Fans: *an appropriate response*

I have no idea what to expect out of the Ultra Bonus, but it better not be that. Personally, I'm hoping it has something to do with catching regionals from other regions, like that Farfetch'd event we had to work to unlock.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Not a bad ultra bonus tbh (despite me living in the country with Tauros lol). 7 KM eggs is a bit strange but at least there’s the chance of finally getting a Mr. Mime or Kangaskhan for once (for me at least).

And speaking of raids, I saw a huge group doing a Regirock raid and I wanted to participate so badly but I had class. =(