• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Go Discussion

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
My group just calls it the Dittonut for obvious reasons. It's interesting because there's evidence suggesting it was released by accident but then was played off as a marketing tactic. Either way, whether it was on purpose or not, it certainly got people's attention.
And it got a lot of attention too. Even pictures of it trended among Twitter, which a lot of it was from the GO community. I think that it was the unorthodox reveal that led it to get more attention than prior more conventional reveals.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Got quite a few Chikoritas (no shinies though), when I was able to get on. Was plagued by authentication errors for most of it. Missed out on my first Mewtwo raid. The people there were nice enough too, it's too bad. Was looking forward to helping them out.

Ran into it as I was trying to log into a Mewtwo raid (my first one). Tried over 10 times to log in, with no luck. Tried later to get on at a store parking lot that usually spawns Pokemon and it threw me the same authentication error.

I've about had it with this game. It's becoming virtually unplayable. Tried their usual 'solution' of clearing the cache and force stopping the app with no success.

Was able to get a handful of gifts and items when I was on during Community day.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Except it’s not official yet because neither Niantic nor The Pokémon Company in general have revealed it. The tease only makes it more likely to be official. All it needs is a trailer or a post to guarantee it. It’s still quite mysterious at the moment and I’ll be happy to wait until more information comes. I just feel it isn’t quite complete yet but it’s just a weird way to reveal one. We should end it here.

No, Niantic did reveal it. They revealed it by putting it in their game. It's not hidden, it's not a secret, it was blatantly there, spawning everywhere for 30 minutes. There's still more left to reveal about it, but the Pokémon itself has been officially revealed.

It's interesting because there's evidence suggesting it was released by accident but then was played off as a marketing tactic. Either way, whether it was on purpose or not, it certainly got people's attention.

Care to explain what evidence you're referring to? Aside from some unintended glitches with the Pokémon turning into Chikorita instead of Ditto (which was a glitch, not intended), and the random Kecleon spawns in Asia, everything seems pretty intended about this.

The Chikorita thing was an unintended side-effect transforming the spawns at the end of Community Day. If you had encountered a Chikorita, and then fled from it, and tha Chikorita turned into this new Pokémon, then it would turn back into a Chikorita when captured.

As for the Kecleon thing, we know from the datamine that this Pokémon was stored in Kecleon's place in Go's data, likely to attempt to hide it from dataminers (not that that worked). The random Kecleon appearing was probably an unintended side-effect of this data storage in the wrong place. This here is pretty good write up, if you don't understand what I'm saying.

Anything else you think suggests this was unintentional? I promise you, it was all on purpose. No company is incompetent enough to screw up that badly, and it makes perfect sense as a marketing strategy. Let the players discover the new Pokémon themselves at the end of the busiest play period in the game, Community Day. It makes too much sense to have been a mistake.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
No, Niantic did reveal it. They revealed it by putting it in their game. It's not hidden, it's not a secret, it was blatantly there, spawning everywhere for 30 minutes. There's still more left to reveal about it, but the Pokémon itself has been officially revealed.
I meant that it wasn't revealed on Niantic's Twitter, nor that it was revealed on the Twitter for the Pokémon GO app and the social media pages run by The Pokémon Company and The Pokémon Company International. At least we could say it was in the game and that it spawned for 30 minutes in every region after the Chikorita Community Day events ended in these regions and became a Ditto or a Chikorita after it was caught, hence being revealed that way. But in a very new way.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I meant that it wasn't revealed on Niantic's Twitter, nor that it was revealed on the Twitter for the Pokémon GO app and the social media pages run by The Pokémon Company and The Pokémon Company International. At least we could say it was in the game and that it spawned for 30 minutes in every region after the Chikorita Community Day events ended in these regions and became a Ditto or a Chikorita after it was caught, hence being revealed that way. But in a very new way.

But why does it matter that it wasn't revealed on Twitter? If anything, appearing in-game is more of an official reveal than being announced on Twitter.

jachimk

What I find interesting though about the unconfirmed "new Pokemon", is that it is still spawning at least where I am. I was taking on an Electabuzz raid earlier this afternoon and the new Pokemon appeared near a Pokestop. Yes it was still a ditto, but found it interesting to see that its still in game spawning.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
What I find interesting though about the unconfirmed "new Pokemon", is that it is still spawning at least where I am. I was taking on an Electabuzz raid earlier this afternoon and the new Pokemon appeared near a Pokestop. Yes it was still a ditto, but found it interesting to see that its still in game spawning.

Since the new Pokémon's release in Asia, every single Ditto world-wide has been disguised as one of these guys, instead of one of the usual Pokémon.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
But why does it matter that it wasn't revealed on Twitter? If anything, appearing in-game is more of an official reveal than being announced on Twitter.
People would still be confused with that type of reveal and it has certainly created sceptics. Even so I would consider a reveal on Twitter more official as there is more overall official recognition of the event rather than just ‘this Pokémon appears in the game’ and there is absolutely nothing on Niantic’s Twitter, TPC(i) Twitter and the Pokémon GO Twitter.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
People would still be confused with that type of reveal and it has certainly created sceptics. Even so I would consider a reveal on Twitter more official as there is more overall official recognition of the event rather than just ‘this Pokémon appears in the game’ and there is absolutely nothing on Niantic’s Twitter, TPC(i) Twitter and the Pokémon GO Twitter.

Are you just trying to be contrary? It doesn't matter if people will be confused, or if there will be skeptics. The Pokémon was shown off via official channels, and is therefore revealed to the public.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Are you just trying to be contrary? It doesn't matter if people will be confused, or if there will be skeptics. The Pokémon was shown off via official channels, and is therefore revealed to the public.
But people are confused because it wasn’t revealed in a conventional manner. Do you recall any new Pokémon that has been revealed in Pokémon GO with any prior context? I think not. The only prior context we were given this time was the network interception that revealed its model and its sprites that were at some point Kecleon’s sprites. And I never said a simple reveal as an in-game encounter was unofficial but combine that with sufficient announcements and it’s therefore more official, not ‘unofficial’ as what you think about what I think about a simple in-game encounter.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
But people are confused because it wasn’t revealed in a conventional manner. Do you recall any new Pokémon that has been revealed in Pokémon GO with any prior context? I think not. The only prior context we were given this time was the network interception that revealed its model and its sprites that were at some point Kecleon’s sprites. And I never said a simple reveal as an in-game encounter was unofficial but combine that with sufficient announcements and it’s therefore more official, not ‘unofficial’ as what you think about what I think about a simple in-game encounter.

No, you actually did say that this was unofficial:
Except it’s not official yet because neither Niantic nor The Pokémon Company in general have revealed it.
That's how this whole thing started. Regardless, there's no such thing as "more official" or "less official." It's either official, or it's not. It doesn't matter if people are confused, and it doesn't matter if something new has never been revealed in Go before. The fact of the matter is, Niantic, an official partner of Game Freak and the Pokémon Company, showed this new Pokémon off to the world in an official capacity. It was truly seen worldwide for the first time, making it revealed, and it was done with the permission of the Pokémon Company, making it official, therefore it was an official reveal by the very definition of the term. If you can't understand that, then I don't know what else to say.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
That's how this whole thing started. Regardless, there's no such thing as "more official" or "less official." It's either official, or it's not. It doesn't matter if people are confused, and it doesn't matter if something new has never been revealed in Go before. The fact of the matter is, Niantic, an official partner of Game Freak and the Pokémon Company, showed this new Pokémon off to the world in an official capacity. It was truly seen worldwide for the first time, making it revealed, and it was done with the permission of the Pokémon Company, making it official, therefore it was an official reveal by the very definition of the term. If you can't understand that, then I don't know what else to say.
But that was in the context of them revealing it on their social media. Without their overall recognition, how are we supposed to know it’s official? It cannot be definitely official if they decide not to recognise the surprise event at some point on their social media and that shows ‘hey, we should still let it remain so mysterious by only just showing the Pokémon without a name, type, height, weight and context’. Even though Niantic has official ties with the propriety owners of the Pokémon franchise and even if the Pokémon did spawn internationally, it’s official status is unclear because soon after the spawns ended, the official parties did not reveal any media related to the Pokémon, even with the complete approval from Game Freak and The Pokémon Company. The fact is our perceptions on the official nature of the reveal remains different and we shall terminate it here.

Aielyn

Since the new Pokémon's release in Asia, every single Ditto world-wide has been disguised as one of these guys, instead of one of the usual Pokémon.
Actually, I found a Mankey Ditto about 5 hours after the end of the community day period.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Actually, I found a Mankey Ditto about 5 hours after the end of the community day period.

Oh, really? I have read in many places that no one has found a Ditto that isn't one of these guys. I guess it's either most of all Ditto, you got a glitch, or you are mistaken (not that I'm accusing you of being mistaken).

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
This little thing is awesome. I wish we could have caught it and kept it.

It confuses me as far as what they are up to. Just to hype us for something?

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?

Care to explain what evidence you're referring to? Aside from some unintended glitches with the Pokémon turning into Chikorita instead of Ditto (which was a glitch, not intended), and the random Kecleon spawns in Asia, everything seems pretty intended about this.

Yeah sure. Right when it was first "announced" there was a report saying that the Dittonut was released by accident from Niantic. That's the report I was referring to. Since then it's been stated that this wasn't the case and that it was a purposeful leak. The suspicion came with how quickly it was "played off" as intentional when early reports indicated otherwise. So yeah, we all know now that it was on purpose and any and all confusion on Niantic's end was to play up the mysterious Dittonut creature.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
This little thing is awesome. I wish we could have caught it and kept it.

It confuses me as far as what they are up to. Just to hype us for something?
It would have been good if we could keep it to find out about what it is. At least it’s generating hype but it still has to lead to some end anyway.

Aielyn

Beldum is the next Community Day Pokemon! Shame it’s on a Sunday rather than a Saturday but I think I will be able to do it. Surprised they went with it instead of something earlier from the Dex like Ralts but I’m not complaining lol
Some have suggested that they chose Beldum/Metagross for this one because it happens to align with the peak of the Orionid meteor shower, and Metagross will probably get Meteor Mash as its special move.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Starting tomorrow, Psychic-type Pokémon will have increased spawn rates until October 14 for the Psychic Spectacular. Shiny Drowzee can be encountered during the Psychic Spectacular! At least it’s good Ralts is getting an increased spawn rate but I’m also hoping more Unown can be found.