1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Go Discussion

Discussion in 'Pokemon GO Discussion' started by Nothingjustgo., Jul 6, 2016.

1. The Teller

The Teller King of Half-Truths

I'm wondering if I should evolve a bunch of Abras into Kadabras for the Exp, or kill them all to power up the one Alakazam I already have (CP less than 2000). Does Alakazam have any advantage over Mewtwo, Lugia, Espeon, or Metagross? I'll need at least 80,000 Stardust for a hopeful trade on Beldum Day, so I probably can't max out my Alakazam regardless, but I also can't level up even if I used the entire Lucky Egg time evolving Pokemon (there's literally no Pokemon I can evolve that's NOT already registered in the PokeDex, so having that "new Pokemon bonus" thing is out of the question).

So IF the Halloween event is happening again this year...what's everyone thing it's gonna be? New Gen 4 Ghost types? Drifloon, Drifblim, Spiritomb, and Rotom, maybe, though I can see Niantic doing something to make Spiritomb and Rotom much harder to find than last year's event. Maybe increase Misdreavus, Duskull, and Snorunt spawn rate as well? Also, in case you guys forgot, Ninjask also evolves into a Ghost type, so there's another 3 new Pokemon they could introduce. Maybe cut way back on the buddy distance? Increase candy count in all ways, including transferring Pokemon? Or maybe they'll finally release the best, most spooky treat they could possibly give us...Smeargle!...with a pumpkin spice-shaded tail.

2. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

If your Alakazam has under 2000 CP, it might be more efficient to just evolve the strongest Abra you catch during the event all the way into a new Alakazam. I believe my Alakazam has about 2500 CP, and I never powered it up. If all you care about is having the strongest Psychic-Type attacker, Mewtwo far outperforms Alakazam, and Alakazam has no benefit over it.

I'm really hoping they don't do Sinnoh's release in waves like they did for Hoenn. Sinnoh is somewhat limited in the number of new Pokémon it introduces to begin with, and a massive chunk of them are evolved forms of old Pokémon, Baby Pokémon, and Legendary Pokémon. The amount of actual new Pokémon that we'll find in the wild will be small, even if all of Sinnoh is released at once. Please Niantic, don't dilute the experience even more by artificially releasing everything in waves.

But yeah, it seems that realistically, we'll probably be getting a Halloween wave again. We're overdue for Sinnoh's release at this point, and Halloween's right around the corner.

3. quake

quake Member

Sinnoh release incoming! The official Facebook page has it up :)

Pokemon Power and Dragalge like this.
  4. Cometstarlight

Cometstarlight What do I do now?

Well that's...interesting. Weather reducing what Pokemon will appear as well as "adjusting to lower the gaps between Pokémon with high and low HP?" I'm not quite sure how I feel about that. Partially because I'm not sure what that all means. As well as making defensive Pokemon more viable while "defensive values will be reduced?" It just feels like a big contradiction, but hey, I'm not a developer, I don't know how it works. Either way, this is great! We should have gen 4 soon!

Dragalge likes this.
  5. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris 2 Cool 4 8-Bit School

Oh, I can finally play this game with Sinnoh Pokemon in.

Everyone will be awed seeing me walking my precious Riolu.

Dragalge likes this.
  6. Pokemon Power

Pokemon Power Well-Known Member

Can't wait to catch Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup and the rest. I'm guessing that if this pattern of Pokemon introduced in a newer generation every year keeps up, we'll get Generation V Pokemon in 2019, Generation VI Pokemon in 2020 and Generation VII Pokemon in 2021.

7. Dragalge

Dragalge Your balloon got popped!

Finally! I just hope they don’t drag out this gen too long. Still, I’m glad to finally have Sinnoh Pokémon in GO. Can’t wait to find Shinx and Starly in the wild while also being able to get Honchkrow!

8. OnceUponATime

OnceUponATime Wicked

That promotional video is beautiful. Generation 4 is my favorite, so I absolutely cannot wait to find these Pokemon in the wild. The flash of Giratina at the end of the video honestly gave me goosebumps.

Which get 4 Pokemon are you all most excited to get in Go? Mine are the starters, the Drifloon line, Starly line, Honchkrow, Mismagius, Froslass, Leafon & Glaceon... Basically all of them, really.

9. Cometstarlight

Cometstarlight What do I do now?

I expect that some Pokemon we don't expect will become regionals, if only because there are so many Pokemon in the Sinnoh dex and they've gotta pick something, right? The weird case with Mime Jr. will be interesting in seeing how it's handled. As for others, I'm willing to bet Carnivine or Chatot will be regionals mainly because they're single stage and are "unique" to a specific area. Considering those are some of the only gen 4 Pokemon that are one stage aside from Spiritomb who is suspected to be part of the upcoming Halloween event. I just hope gen 4 is more or less in action before the end of the month, which if they are going in staggered releases like with gen 3 then that looks bleak, but hey, we'll see what happens.

10. quake

quake Member

I'm excited for the starter line especially Infernape! Lucario and crogunk! Special mention to mamoswine!

11. AgentKallus

AgentKallus Another Turtwig fan.

Torterra, Budew and Roserade,the Shinx line, the Buizel line, Electitvire and most of the others. I'm also looking forward to a hopefully excess amount of bidoof because bidoof.

It is a ghost type, maybe something to do with all hallow's eve?
    I hope it's not raid battles though cause I've never managed to get a legendary in a raid battle. It probably will be raid battles though but hopefully it will be a research reward at some later time.

12. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

Ironic, considering the last post I made. I still stand by what I said before, they cannot release Sinnoh in waves, or it will absolutely ruin the experience. Sinnoh has relatively few new Pokémon to begin with, and a very large portion of those are either new evolutions of old Pokémon, Baby Pokémon, and Legendaries. If they release Sinnoh Pokémon in waves lie they did for Hoenn, we'll only get a small handful of new Pokémon appearing in the wild at a time, and that would truly ruin the experience.

Extremely excited by the fact that they showed off Giratina in the trailer, as opposed to Palkia and Dialga. Giratina is my absolute all-time favorite Pokémon. Absolutely can not wait to catch it.

I think what they meant with the weather part is that you'll see less weather-boosted Pokémon, as previously, weather boosted Pokémon would completely dominate the spawns, lowering the amount of them allows for a larger variety of Pokémon to appear.

As for the CP part, CP is completely unbalanced when it comes to measuring the strength of Pokémon. Defensive Pokémon are given a much lower CP than offensive Pokémon. For the best example, look at Shuckle's ridiculously low CP, despite having the highest defense stat in the game.

13. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

Ya'll I hope the new pokemon appearing in places you frequent is true because the lack of variety is really annoying tbh.

14. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

I just looked into it out of curiosity. Not counting Baby and Legendary Pokémon (since they don't spawn in the wild), Sinnoh only has 31 unevolved Pokemon, among them, it is possible that Pokémon like Chatot, Spiritomb, and Rotom will not be made available in the wild like normal, or even available at all to begin with. Then there's the possibility of Pokémon that might be made regionals. And finally, Pokémon like Shieldon, Cranidos, Gible, and Riolu will almost certainly be extremely rare. Spiritomb and Rotom, as well, if they are released in the wild. We could get as few as 20-25 species appearing the wild at a reasonable rate, even if Sinnoh launches all at once. That's going to be hard pressed to make an impact on the overall spawns of the game as it is. If they split these Pokémon up into 3-4 waves like they did with Hoenn, or even 2-3, we'll only be getting a small handful of new Pokémon appearing in the wild each wave. I said it already, but I'll say it again. It would be a massive mistake to split up the Sinnoh release.

If they do inexplicably feel the need to split it up, there are two paths I could see working. Either do a Halloween wave now, and then the rest in a month or two, or start with a wave of Pokémon that evolve from Pokémon we already have, and then do the rest later. If they try to do anything else, they're just going to dilute each wave to point of feeling absolutely pointless.

15. Dragalge

Dragalge Your balloon got popped!

Having more variety in Pokémon encounters makes sense considering we’re getting even more new creatures to find in the wild.

In the discussion of regionals, both Shellos forms will definitely be exclusive to two halfs of this planet. Just wondering which will be east and west. Chatot makes some sense to be regional exclusive since it has that vibe of not being everywhere (if that makes sense). I just hope the number is very small. I got lucky to be able to get Heracross and Corsola this summer at Florida but I doubt that will repeat this time haha.

16. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

I would think it would split among the East and West hemispheres, respectively. Seems logical and obvious enough. Shellos is going to be the first regional I won't be upset about. Not only does it have the obvious precedent in the actual games, but no one is actually going to be locked out from getting a Shellos altogether, only a form of it, which is much better then locking an entire Pokémon away to a certain area. At the same time though, it still serves as a trophy for someone who traveled far away. It has all the advantages of a regional, but none of the drawbacks.

17. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria The best Mega Evolution

Sinnoh would be amazing regardless. I’m glad it’s finally confirmed asides from a teaser earlier on with the Sinnoh starters. Glad that there will be changes to HP because Blissey is already tough to beat in the Gyms.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  18. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

An update just started rolling out for the game. One listed feature is Gen IV Pokémon, and people with this update claim that the Pokédex now has a section for Sinnoh Pokémon. This likely means that within the next week, once they have enough time to force the update, we'll be getting the first of the Sinnoh Pokémon (or hopefully all of them). Guess this means they won't be tying in with the Halloween event this year. I'm okay with that.

19. thekorean

thekorean Well-Known Member

So I am guessing next legendary Pokemon from Field Research task will be one of the lake deity Pokemons?

20. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

Likely not. Niantic makes money from selling Raid Passes, so it seems likely that they will want to continue their trend of releasing Legendaries via raids first, and then later re-releasing them through Field Research, once they're no longer a big deal. If the pattern they've been following continues, next month will either be one of the Regis, or some sort of wild card like the Snorlax they did between the Legendary Birds and the Legendary Beasts. However, it hasn't been that long since the Regis left raids, so Niantic still may think it's too soon for them, and do something else first. Perhaps Latios and Latias? Regardless, The Lake Trio probably won't come to research until they've first been released through raids, and at least the Regis have been given out as research rewards.