1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Go Discussion

Discussion in 'Pokemon GO Discussion' started by Nothingjustgo., Jul 6, 2016.

1. thekorean

thekorean Well-Known Member

I can't remember if they released legendary dogs via raid first.

2. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

They did. It's been quite a while, though.

(Also, not that big of a deal, but a pet-peeve of mine, Legendary Dogs is not a proper name for them. They're based off of various pieces of Chinese mythology that refer to cats. Specifically, Entei is supposed to be a lion, Raiku a tiger, and Suicune a leopard or panther. Nothing about them is dog-based. Calling them Legendary Beasts, or even Legendary Cats would be much more accurate.)

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018 at 9:28 PM
  3. Dragalge

Dragalge Your balloon got popped!

That seems plausible! If it’s true, then I’ll be having West Sea Shellos spawn where I’m at lol.

One question is that when the Gen II and III Pokemon’s data were in, how long did it take for the Pokémon to go live after the update? I’m not trying to use this as a means to gauge an estimate of when the Gen IV will go live but I’m still curious haha.

4. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

I don't have an exact amount of time, but basically it's as soon as Niantic is able to force the update, which will probably be a couple of days. Most likely some time during the weekend is when it will happen.

5. AgentKallus

AgentKallus Another Turtwig fan.

6. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria The best Mega Evolution

I remember seeing a shot of that from the Sinnoh Pokémon trailer. It showed the other Sinnoh starters so my guess lies on Piplup as well.

7. Playful Latios

Playful Latios @Soul Dew

It is obviously a Jigglypuff as seen from above.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  8. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

There's no need to guess, that description is taken directly from Piplup's Pokédex entry in Pearl Version.

9. Ignition

Ignition Blessed picture

I don't know if this warrants its own thread but I have a simple question:

Can someone give me, someone who hasn't played Go since the week it came out, a summary of all I've missed? I want to give it another shot but I want some updates on what I've missed

10. The Teller

The Teller King of Half-Truths

You can now play it on your cell phone!

Team Instinct still the best team!

Most of the Pokemon up through the Ruby and Sapphire games have been released now, though good luck finding any given one in your immediate area. Region-exclusives are still a thing, though an event just made the Kanto exclusives' status obsolete. Some odd Pokemon still haven't been released, such as Smeargle, Nincada, and Clamperl. You can now befriend people, much the same way you could with the DS, via exchanging Friend Codes. You can give gifts to those people and they back to you. You can hold up to 10 gifts at a time, send 20 gifts to 20 people per day, and open 100 gifts per day. Gifts net you potions and balls and berries, and if you have free space, 7km eggs, which will usually hatch into an Alolan Pokemon, a different form of various Kanto Pokemon with new types, looks, and movesets. Give more gifts to up your friendship level with people. The benefit to doing this is: cheaper requirements for trades, more balls to use in raid battles if raiding with a friend, some other less important stuff like doing more damage in raids. You can now trade with friends if they are within 50 meters or so. Sometimes a gym becomes a boss battle called raids. You need a raid pass to do one, and you can get a free pass once per day by spinning a gym stop. There are 5 tiers of raid difficulty, and someone in their 30s can usually do a tier 1 or 2 raid by themselves, but you will need more people to help with tiers 3-5. Boss Pokemon can be caught if defeated, though you are limited to a set amount of Premier Balls (same catch rate as using a regular Poke Ball) and whatever berries you have. Berries now exist, and can do things like make Pokemon easier to catch, stop them from moving, or doubling the candy received. You can't farm them like in the games, but you can receive some from spinning stops and opening gifts. You can now select a Pokemon to become your Buddy. You walk your Buddy in real time. The benefit is that after walking a certain distance (1km, 3km, 5km, or 20km, depending on the species), your Buddy will earn a candy. TMs now exist to help change up your Pokemon's moveset, though it is at random, so use wisely. Super Incubators are like normal ones, but decrease the distance needed to hatch an egg (I think by 33%). Guys, let me know if I'm missing anything, and have fun!

Dragalge and Ignition like this.
  11. Ignition

Ignition Blessed picture

Thank you so much! Seems like I missed a lot of intriguing additions

The Teller likes this.
  12. Dragalge

In addition to what he said, there’s also these things called Research Tasks that you can get from spinning a Pokestop. Completing these can net you all sorts of goodies like Pokémon, berries, etc. When you complete a research seven times, you get something called a Research Breakthrough that gives you some nice exp and items along with a legendary Pokémon to catch depending on what the theme of the researches are! This month you can get Suicune for completing research tasks at least once a day.

Oh and next week you will be able to catch a lot of Beldum with chances of a shiny one for three hours in what’s called Community Day! Usually they also include something alongside like extra stardust or sped up egg hatching.

Since Gen IV is nearing in sight, it’s a good time to get in all on the action once more!

The Teller and Ignition like this.
  13. Ignition

Ignition Blessed picture

Only adding to my excitement to get back in to Go. Thank you as well for the information ^^

The Teller and Dragalge like this.
  14. Vipsoccermaster

Vipsoccermaster Well-Known Member

The Legendary Beasts were in raids from Friday, September 1, 2017 to Thursday, November 30, 2017. Each beast had one full month for each of the three regions. In the case of North America, September had Raikou, October had Entei, and November had Suicune.

15. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria The best Mega Evolution

Yes, Super Incubators do reduce distance by a third. So a 2 km Egg will require a distance of 1.3 km to hatch, a 5 km Egg will require a distance of 3.3 km to hatch, a 7 km Egg will require a distance of 4.7 km to hatch and a 10 km will then hatch in 6.7 km.

@Ignition In case you’re wondering how much a Super Incubator costs at the Shop, one would cost 200 coins.

The Teller and Ignition like this.
  16. Dragalge

@Ignition No problem lol.

Also the patch has hit iOS devices at last! All we have to do now is play the waiting game and then hopefully we can finally see the Sinnoh Pokemon in the wild. And also learn how they will handle Mime Jr. since it evolves into a regional exclusive.