• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Go Discussion

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
People need to do their research, but...good faith...I can't believe I forgot that...

I'll get back to catching now...

There's a night raid in my area. After dinner, I'm joining it with my Tyranitar.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
So after work today, I checked on my Sync, and it showed nothing. No gains made at all, not even a step. But I did some research (as in, actual research, not Go's version of it) last night and found out that sometimes, there is a several hour waiting period for Sync to catch up with reality. I waited a few hours and checked again, and sure enough, Sync had updated. But then I recalled that some people said the wait period was around 20-60 minutes, so I don't know how long to actually wait to see results. Anyway, it does confirm that the Go app can be completely turned off and Sync will still work. For instantaneous results though, Go Plus might be better (so long as all battery saving settings are activated and you don't plan to make a whole day out of playing Go). So I might alternate between the two depending on my plans for that day.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
That is to tie in with the Safari Zone event running in Taiwan. It's the equivalent to the last two Safari Zones causing Roselia and Wingull to become more common and Shiny.
Except right now I haven’t yet heard of reports of encounters with shiny Pokémon during the current event. But at least there’s certainly a change in spawns. Not only did it happen to Kanto spawns but to other spawns so it may not be that it’s as a result of LGPE.

EDIT: Seen some shiny Pinsir in Gyms. Indeed this is an event.

Last edited:

thekorean

What exactly is so special about the raid gengar?

Instead of more Gen IV pokemon they give us same old garbage in a raid.Ugh.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
What exactly is so special about the raid gengar?

Instead of more Gen IV pokemon they give us same old garbage in a raid.Ugh.

It has a two special moves, and a high chance of being shiny.

thekorean

Now they are spamming useless turd that is Pincir. Seriously, they would rather do anything else but release more Gen IV Pokemon.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Now they are spamming useless turd that is Pincir. Seriously, they would rather do anything else but release more Gen IV Pokemon.

At the risk of sounding like I'm repeating myself, it does have a high chance of being Shiny, so that's pretty cool. Not that I wouldn't rather have more Sinnoh Pokémon, but it's not entirely worthless.

thekorean

At the risk of sounding like I'm repeating myself, it does have a high chance of being Shiny, so that's pretty cool. Not that I wouldn't rather have more Sinnoh Pokémon, but it's not entirely worthless.
Yea, I caught a shiny.

I mean, Shiny is cool and all, but I can't be too giddy about it unless its a good Pokemon.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Yea, I caught a shiny.

I mean, Shiny is cool and all, but I can't be too giddy about it unless its a good Pokemon.

I'm always happy to get a new Shiny, myself.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So a couple of new things here: Ponyta and Cubone spawns have increased drastically! Not just a chance to get Rapidash and Marowak but it’s also a chance to get shiny versions of Ponyta and Cubone. And Typhlosion obtained during Cyndaquil Community Day has Blast Burn as its special Charged Attack.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Well, my disappointment with Niantic just went up again. I received my first Shedinja today, only to find that it had 10 HP. Look, I get it, it's hard to make gimmick Pokémon work in Go. Given Niantic's track record, I don't think anyone expected Shedinja to have any version of Wonder Guard. However, I did expect it to have it's 1 HP gimmick still in place. But no, it has 10. It doesn't even make any sense. Either way, with 1 or 10 HP, Shedinja is going to faint after being hit by one quick attack, so what was the point of giving it the extra 9 HP? If you're going to ruin its 1 HP gimmick, then you might as well give it 100 or 150 HP, so at least it can be used in a battle. I can see no purpose at all of giving it 10 HP. Extremely strange and very disappointing.

And really, if Niantic were just going to handle Shedinja this way, why did they make us wait so many months for it? All that time they held back on releasing it was clearly not spent trying to figure out how to make Shedinja work. If Niantic isn't going to properly implement a gimmick, then they should probably release the gimmickless Pokémon right away, instead of letting everyone down months later.

Maybe this sounds naive, but is the Field Research that rewards Nincada rarer than other Research tasks? I have yet to find a Nincada Research task and I'm out nearly every day.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Does the recent addition of hatching the baby Pokémon from 7KM eggs also affect your previously-obtained ones as well? I have a couple of eggs through gifts a month ago and I'd like to know if I'll hatch something except Alolan forms.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Does the recent addition of hatching the baby Pokémon from 7KM eggs also affect your previously-obtained ones as well? I have a couple of eggs through gifts a month ago and I'd like to know if I'll hatch something except Alolan forms.

No. The contents of an egg are determined when you receive it. This means that if you get an egg before the possible hatches change, you will still hatch something from the old options.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I don't know. Its weird. Maybe I should log back in.
Yeah you should check if it’s registered, you might have skipped over it. I just checked and it’s still registered.