• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Go Discussion

Why do you all think Niantic is taking so long to release Leafeon, Glaceon, Probopass, and Magnezone? I don't mean this in any rude way, just wondering everyone else's ideas. Do you think they're creating a new evolution method in Go since these four Pokemon use locations to evolve in the main games? Or do you simply think that they're holding out to prolong generation 4's release in Go? I guess I had just assumed that they'd have them evolve with the Sinnoh Stone for some reason since they're originally from Sinnoh, but I'd welcome a different evolution method.

Last edited:

D*N

Musical Star
Well, honestly it would kinda suck if we get a sinnoh stone evolution for both leafeon and glaceon and it being completely random on which one you'll get. So I hope they are thinking of an alternative way for these to evolve.

Right now I don't think it's a big problem yet since there's also still some "normal" pokemon that haven't been released.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Wow, Ash photobombing in Go is absolutely hilarious. I didn't know how Niantic was going to top last year's April Fools, but they have.

Last edited:

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
I'm gifting people on my friend list and I'm noticing that I seem to be the only one who regularly changes their avatar's clothes. Am I the only one who does that? I don't even buy clothes too often (mainly the Johto set and a pair of jeans).

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I'm gifting people on my friend list and I'm noticing that I seem to be the only one who regularly changes their avatar's clothes. Am I the only one who does that? I don't even buy clothes too often (mainly the Johto set and a pair of jeans).

I don't. I get the outfit that I like most, and I don'really see any reason to change it until something that I like better comes out. Not really much of a reason to change into clothes if I like them less than what I'm already wearing. I assume that's the same with most people. Back when they gave out free event-based clothes, like the Magikarp hat or adventurer hat I would wear those for the duration of the event in celebration, but its been a while since they've done that.

Personally, I've tried to make my avatar look as close as possible to the male playable character of game concepts (the one in my avatar). I'll change my clothes if something that fits the design better comes out, but that's rare.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Wow, Uxie, Azelf and Mespirit appearing in the wild is awesome. This must be Go attempting to replicate Mespirit being a roaming Pokémon. It's pretty cool to see them doing something different and changing things up a little.

The irony of this, back before Legendaries came to the game, I always said that they shouldn't be random wild spawns, as that would make them too common, and Legendaries deserve better treatment than to be just randomly thrown in the wild like everything else. When Raids were first announced, I thought it was a clever way to handle Legendaries, but back then I assumed it would be only one Legendary per person. Since then, I have realized that Raids make Legendary Pokémon much too common and easy to get one, let alone an army of them, and putting them in the wild would make them much more rare and hard to find. Funny that I am now excited to have Legendary Pokémon appearing in the wild.

D*N

Musical Star
^That's the pro, the con of this: they're regionals :(

I think they ceased the shellos spawns because they forgot to region lock the different forms. Hope they will be back soon.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

I think they ceased the shellos spawns because they forgot to region lock the different forms. Hope they will be back soon.
Are you kidding me? Well there shoots that :(.

Dang... wish I would have gotten to them sooner. I hope so as well. Getting a bit tired of region locking Pokemon as not everyone is made of money and can travel to get said Pokemon or knows people that they can trade with for them.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Yeah, the Shellos fiasco was odd. Kills me that I was outside walking when Shellos appeared, I just wasn't playing the game.

Given that they're Legendary, my guess is that they'll be rotated. There's no way they block off from getting Legendary Pokémon like that. Not to mention the fact that given how rare they are, it would be absolutely impossible to find when traveling, completely defeating the purpose of regionals. My guess is that they were made regional to simulate how roaming Pokémon work in the main games. It appears on one route, then moves to another. Still, it's going to to be hard to find them, but if they keep on rotating, let's say once a month, and do this indefinitely, you'll get them all eventually.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
And they put Uxie, Azelf, and Mespirit into raids. What? I guess I'll have to back that rare bit of praise I gave Niantic.

Seriously though, what was the point of putting them into the wild if they're going to go into raids two days later? I suppose finding one of them in the wild would be an interesting trophy, but not really that big of a deal if you already have a collection of them from raids.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
And they put Uxie, Azelf, and Mespirit into raids. What? I guess I'll have to back that rare bit of praise I gave Niantic.

Seriously though, what was the point of putting them into the wild if they're going to go into raids two days later? I suppose finding one of them in the wild would be an interesting trophy, but not really that big of a deal if you already have a collection of them from raids.
And they're 5 star ones. So there shoots getting any of them. At least until they're research. No one usually shows up at raids that often where I'm at (same goes with others, whether on a Facebook group or so on).

https://thesilphroad.com/raid-bosses

Source: the silph road

(This mentions the new raid bosses and what not.)

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
And they're 5 star ones. So there shoots getting any of them. At least until they're research. No one usually shows up at raids that often where I'm at (same goes with others, whether on a Facebook group or so on).

That much was to be expected, given every single Legendary Pokémon is a tier five raid. I'm sure that sucks for you, and that is one of the many reasons why I think the raid system is messed up, but given that they're in raids, it shouldn't be a surprise that they're like any other Legendary Pokémon.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
That much was to be expected, given every single Legendary Pokémon is a tier five raid. I'm sure that sucks for you, and that is one of the many reasons why I think the raid system is messed up, but given that they're in raids, it shouldn't be a surprise that they're like any other Legendary Pokémon.
Yea I was expecting it as well. I've been able to participate in some. Thankfully was able to catch one, a Suicune. Missed out on Giratina, as it kept on breaking out of the raid balls.

D*N

Musical Star
Yeah I expected them to get in raids or research breakthrough eventually, but this was really fast. Like, it would have been a little fun to have that moment where the pixie would show up in your nearby list in the middle of the night or just anywhere in the day and you basically drop anything you are doing and run towards it because you have to have it. But alas, having a moment like that in two days is like impossible.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Excited for the Detective Pikachu tie-in. I've been hoping for some time now that they would release a Pikachu with a Detective's hat to tie-in with the movie.

Also, when Pikachu photo bombs you, it better have a chance of making this face:
images

D*N

Musical Star
I really like what they did with the lures and I'm glad these four evolutions are not with a sinnoh stone aswell, would be so boring. Now they kinda tied in the game method in a pokemon go way. 200 coins is reasonable aswell, you can also work together with other people so that's totally fine.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
"After Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf leave Raid Battles on May 27th at 20:00 UTC, Cresselia will re-enter Raid Battles with the new capability of being Shiny. This runs until June 18th at 20:00 UTC where it'll be replaced by the return of Kyogre until June 27th at 20:00 UTC where it itself will then be replaced by Groudon until July 10th at 20:00 UTC."

Umm... Should I be concerned that this leaves no room for the Lake Trio to rotate before they leave Raids? The thought of a region-exclusive Legendary Pokémon is extremely unsettling, to say the least. I suppose it's maybe possible that they just don't want to do three months in a row of nothing but the Lake Trio, but if that were the case, I wouldn't think they would take more than a one month break, not to mention the fact that Niantic has an absurd obsession with Regional Pokémon. This is not a good path to go down, not one bit.