• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Go Discussion

Class Zero

We have arrived.
I think I'd kinda be for a reset for all players in unreleased regions when the game comes out.. I mean, no one can be justifiably angry at them if they did do it.

But that's more because I'm worried that my friends, most of whom are waiting for official release, won't get into it as much as me because the local gyms will be full of high level Pokemon and so be a deterrence/intimidating.

BCVM22

Version 1.0.1 is now live, featuring bug fixes, limiting the app's access to your Google account for iOS users, a fix to the error that would keep signing you out of the app and stability to signing in using the Trainer Club.

Theo-92

Unfortuantely those who are willing to wait are in a rather tiny minority by now, higher gym levels encourages people to play/train/explore more, well for me and most of my friend anyways, it's where you can actually be competitive in this game. Leveling isn't hard either, getting good amounts of experience is really easy to do at the moment but I suspect that their will be lots of changes coome version 1.0 .

Version 1.0.1 is now live, featuring bug fixes, limiting the app's access to your Google account for iOS users, a fix to the error that would keep signing you out of the app and stability to signing in using the Trainer Club.

Oh I wasn't aware of that thanks.

Last edited:

Class Zero

We have arrived.
Unfortuantely those who are willing to wait are in a rather tiny minority by now, higher gym levels encourages people to play/train/explore more, well for me and most of my friend anyways, it's where you can actually be competitive in this game. Leveling isn't hard either, getting good amounts of experience is really easy to do at the moment but I suspect that their will be lots of changes coome version 1.0 .

I definitely think the encouragement has a limit though... For a completely new player, 300-500CP gyms would probably be encouragement to play and train more as you said. However, Gyms with ~1000CP Pokemon in them would be more daunting than encouraging, along with the amount of work one would imagine you'd have to do to catch up.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Man, wish there was a solution for my pokeball droughts. there's no stops in decent walking distances so when I run out it can be a huge pain!

you can either pay for coins to buy pokeballs or battle gyms to get coins to buy pokeballs :p

Vroomer

Looks like everyone signed out of Google and is hitting the Pokemon Trainer servers now.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I definitely think the encouragement has a limit though... For a completely new player, 300-500CP gyms would probably be encouragement to play and train more as you said. However, Gyms with ~1000CP Pokemon in them would be more daunting than encouraging, along with the amount of work one would imagine you'd have to do to catch up.

im completely with you on this and that's why I don't like that people found a way around it. I call them cheater pokemon trainers lol.
But yeah I'd really love a reset, which people should know there could be a penalty for getting the game illegally. And won't they know that you're profile from before was with an american log in or with the patch?

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
why am I having so much trouble trying to update to the version which the google play store will not let me update my app as well as my smart phone doesn't give a option to update? I am not sure what I am doing wrong >.> Is the app update for iphones?

So I updated the app and now I can't sign into my Pokemon Trainer account.. I'm really hoping there's maintenance and I haven't lost all my progress again.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
So I don't know but it seems I am not allowed to do the update at all the google play store don't have it there its says I already have it installed and I only have version .92 so does that mean I am stuck with that version forever which glitches and everything >.< this sucks...also it says that it is not even at all connected to my google account so I guess I am safe from them going into my account right?

Vroomer

So I updated the app and now I can't sign into my Pokemon Trainer account.. I'm really hoping there's maintenance and I haven't lost all my progress again.

Same. But I think all us Google sign in users just switched to Pokemon accounts. Ha! Progress lost? Meh. I'm only losing level 3. Losing a lot more stopping Google sign in. Oh well.

Kirby Phelps (PK)

EarthBound anyone?
I think I’m already burnt out on Pokemon GO. I think the game would be a lot more fun if you’re more of a social person (which I’m not) and if you live in a more busy area with a variety of Pokemon and Pokestops (which I don’t). It’s especially off putting when the game constantly crashes, especially when I actually encounter a cool Pokemon, but I can’t engage it because the game bugs out. Then when I refresh, the Pokemon’s gone. I’ve had plenty of Eevees, a Squirtle, and a HITMONCHAN slip away because of this. I end up walking around for 2 hours and come home tired with very little progress made. I’m quickly building up an “eff it” mentality. Can I travel 5 miles away from home in hopes that I MIGHT, not guaranteed, but MIGHT find a cool Pokemon? Yes. Is it worth it? Not really…

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
Wait, I'm lost. Why are people ditching the Google account?

Yesterday, it was discovered that there was a security flaw with the iOS version of the game that caused Niantic to get full access to people's Google accounts if they signed up with Google. It's since been fixed (with the latest patch that rolled out today, in fact), but you still had/have people scrambling to switch account types to protect themselves.

Jinouga87

So I don't know but it seems I am not allowed to do the update at all the google play store don't have it there its says I already have it installed and I only have version .92 so does that mean I am stuck with that version forever which glitches and everything >.< this sucks...also it says that it is not even at all connected to my google account so I guess I am safe from them going into my account right?

The update isn't up in the Play Store yet. Just be patient.

Last edited:

roguedr4g0nite

WishiWashi Trainer
Well, Alabama Cemetery has banned people from entering because of Pokémon Go because it's disrespectful to play a video game while inside. Why not just ban phones altogether?! It's disrespectful to be talking to your girlfriend in a cemetery too. Text messaging in a cemetery should also be banned if that's the case.
Screenshot (342).jpg

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Anyone else that uses Pokemon GO via iOS experiencing being locked for a while after they updated their app? I was thinking the servers were just busy at first and I waited about an hour but now it's just making me regret updating somewhat since I use my PTC account to log in.

Hopefully I don't have to wait much longer...

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
The update isn't up in the Play Store yet. Just be patient.

OHHHH...that make since I can wait then just was bit strange it said it was out but was not there. I am just a bit annoyed by the crashes lately with the app and as well keeps freezing up with the gym when it says go. If I read correctly it suppose to fix bugs and crashes and Google account thing.

Last edited: