• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Go Discussion

RzK

Meow
Where I live, it's probably never going to come out :p So I downloaded the APK from a reliable site.

Played a bit of it so far, had limited time, so didn't do much. But looks decent, I caught a bunch of Pokémon without even having to get out (used Incense)

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
There oddly hasn't been a thread about this yet. Soo here it is

Anyone hAve any clue when it's gonna be up in Canada

There actually was a thread I made last year, but the lack of interest lead to the thread dying because no one was discussing it.

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant
Similar to what RZK said. I haven't had time to visit the store yet. But, I could not find a way to get coins other than buying them with real money. Caught all my Pokemon(11) using 2, 30 minute incense. 4 out of these were Doduo. >.<

Overall, gameplay and interface looks beautiful and the way to catch Pokemon is lame IMO. You do not battle it or anything. For now, I could not find anyway to trade Pokemon with friends either.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I'm surprised by the amount of casual gamer channels and Pokétubers who got hyped about this.

I wonder if this will be continuous.

MukRaker

Oy. You folks have not been paying attention, have you? Last update revealed that you can earn coins from conquered gyms, which you can't challenge until Level 5.

Also, at E3, the developers said they wanted folks to get out and catch lots of Pokemon before they implement trading. Makes sense to me. Make sure the basics of the game run smoothly in the public before adding new features.

How often to pokemon appear? I went to two places and they don't have anything around them...

shadowF

I have a question, are you able to keep one of the kanto pokemon that first show up when you start? Because I caught charmander but it cannot be seen at all in my phone. it says I have no team.

Psychic

Really and truly
I feel your pain about not having it yet - Canada got left out of the beta test, and now this, too! We're dying over here!

On the plus side, the site said they'll be rolling it out to other countries over the coming days, so fingers crossed.

There actually was a thread I made last year, but the lack of interest lead to the thread dying because no one was discussing it.
The problem was likely just that there was so little news, so there wasn't a ton to discuss. I haven't seen as much hype for Go on Serebii compared to the rest of the internet, though.

Oy. You folks have not been paying attention, have you? Last update revealed that you can earn coins from conquered gyms, which you can't challenge until Level 5.

Also, at E3, the developers said they wanted folks to get out and catch lots of Pokemon before they implement trading. Makes sense to me. Make sure the basics of the game run smoothly in the public before adding new features.
No need to be rude. There are going to be plenty of people asking newbie questions.

Also, it sounded more like the trading mechanic isn't 100% ready yet, which is why it's not being implemented at launch. It wasn't in the beta, either. I do think it's better to just roll out new mechanics over time as players get used to the game, though. This all seems pretty similar to how Ingress has evolved, though.

~Psychic

Last edited:

Rakurai

I can't help but wonder if playing this game in Hawaii is going to be terrible or not due to a lack of Pokestops.

Ideally, you'd want to live in an area that has enough Pokestops in close proximity that you could walk between them and use them in a cycle, as I've heard it takes five minutes before you can reuse one.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
So is anyone else having problems with how old their phone is? Apparently my phone, which has never had problems running an app before, is to out-of-date to use this app. I've waited almost a year for this game, and now I can't even play it. Extremely disappointing.

Anyone have an idea if they might expand their support, or if I'm just out of luck?

Rakurai

It turns out there's actually a ton of Pokestops right down the street from where I live, as really random things like some grafitti on a power generator are apparently considered landmarks. My house is also right next to a canal, which means water Pokemon pass by on a regular basis.

I don't actually have a smartphone yet, though. This is speaking strictly from my brother's experiences.

Last edited:
It turns out there's actually a ton of Pokéstops right down the street from where I live, as really random things like some grafitti on a power generator are apparently considered landmarks.
Same. I live in a suburban area with some office buildings nearby, and several of the little fountains in front of these buildings are PokéStops (in addition to some signs and statues.) Thankfully, these Stops do make it easy to stock up on Poké Balls for free (I don't think I ever got less than 3 from a single Stop, plus some Eggs as well.)

Just wandering around my neighborhood last night, I was able to catch: Pidgey, Rattata, Spearow, Ekans, Pikachu, Zubat, Paras, Mankey, Growlithe, Geodude, Eevee (and Squirtle as my starter.) It showed me the shadows/markings for Metapod, Pidgeotto, Golbat, Venonat, Diglett, Abra, and Krabby, but I never managed to actually find those ones. You really do have to look alive, though - I came across Pokémon in parking lots more than once (but it was late enough at that point that it didn't really matter.)

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I have a few questions if anyone can answer:

1) Will a gym leader or member lose their pokemon if the gym is defeated and taken over or loses enough prestige to boot a trainer out?

2) Is there any significance to the leaves you see on the map?

3) Does selecting a pokemon in the little Nearby menu make that pokemon more likely to show up?

4) Do you get more items if you spin the Pokespot picture faster? I was getting 3 items in the beginning, but I keep getting 5 now.

Edit: I guess your pokemon goes right back to you as soon as it gets booted from the gym.

Last edited:

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
I just got Pokémon Go this morning! Chose Squirtle as my starter and I walked outside and a Nindoran Male appeared. I hung outside a bit and there were a lot of Pokémon nearby... and a lot of Pokéstops. I think my town library is a gym, I'll have to check that out later. I came back inside and in my bathroom, a wild Weedle appeared!
Never imagined I'd be surprised by a Pokémon in my bathroom. XD

It certainly drains my battery though, all well, worth it.

I live right next to a PokéStop, so I grabbed some Pokéballs from there. So far so good. Battles are lacking, but it's still intriguing none-the-less.

Edit: I went to the local gas station to see if that was a PokéStop. However, when I got there the server went down. :p I made my way to the supermarket and I ran into an Eevee, Zubat, Weedle, and while I was leaving, another Zubat. After that, I went to another store and the server went down again. It's still not back up, but hopefully tonight I may see a Gastly. o_O

I do wonder what those leaves that keep appearing are. As well as what the nearby Pokémon do.

Edit: Server back up and I decided to go to the PokéStop next to my house and look around for more wild Pokémon.... none, but something a little better. A young opossum... I'll place a photo, it's a little dark. The little guy ran across my yard as I was heading back home.

image_zpsos8wkd5e.jpeg

Also, what are the foot prints for below to nearby Pokémon?

Last edited:

Pokemon Power

I'm having a problem. I'm trying to type my trainer name and it won't accept any of the names I type in.
EDIT: It accepted a name.

Last edited: