• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Go Discussion

BCVM22

Well... no.

Sun and Moon are still ten weeks off. That's a lot of time for an update that's probably a lot closer than that. And even then, the two aren't mutually exclusive - people can play Sun & Moon AND Pokémon GO - nor does one take staff and resources away from the other.

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
And this, folks, is why y'all need to be patient when Niantic announces new stuff. XD

Or tl;dr, buddy system is in the process of rolling out, along with some other fixes and compatibility with Plus.

See, when you get huge updates like this, it's not just one feature, which is likely why it took a bit for the buddy system to come out. It's also a bunch of little things too so you don't have to make millions of updates.

In any case, out and can't quite tell if it's literally out atm (my phone isn't showing the option to update just yet), but for those of you who get to it before I do, feel free to post your thoughts, either here or in Psychic's Buddy System thread. And if you don't see it today, just remember to relax and be patient. It'll be out soon!

Last edited:

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
My iTunes still doesn't have the buddy system update for download yet.

its slowly rolling out not everyone has it yet which my google play store updates late so we just got to be patient ;) I have a android device but I will be download asap when it shows up XD

czilla85

Pokemon Master
Next Update?

The front page on Serebii says the new update is live but I'm not seeing it in the Apple Store. Has anyone else gotten the update yet?

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
The front page on Serebii says the new update is live but I'm not seeing it in the Apple Store.

Hokay, approving this post and sending it to Discussion, even though FairyWitch has already answered this rather well (i.e., updates aren't out for everyone). But the reason why I've decided to go ahead and let this one through is because there's something here I need to note to clear up some confusion regarding the front page.

This is what Serebii has to say on the matter:

A new patch has started to go live for Android and iOS devices, with a gradual release happening.

So, yeah, FairyWitch is right on the money. If it's not live for you, be patient and keep on waitin'. It's going to hit you eventually. It's just that it's out for some folks but not everyone.

Rampharos

Anyone know what the pokemon go thing with rattata is saying in the new issue of coro coro?

I've been trying to find an answer to this myself. From the pictures alone, it looks like you can transfer pokemon from Go into Sun and Moon and they'll be Alolan natives (and Alolan forms if they have them).
But I feel like there'd be confirmation of this if that's what the writing says, because it'd be pretty exciting news.

alakazam^

Anyone know what the pokemon go thing with rattata is saying in the new issue of coro coro?
It's saying that some pokemon available in GO will have their own Alolan form.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I keep getting this error message that pops up when I try to play the game. It says, "Unable to authenticate. Please try again." This only happened to me after I installed the latest update.

I don't think that has to do with the root thing the update has been banning people do to using a root app on there phone because nanitic thinks that everyone having it are cheating with it with gps or something like that. I did the update tonight which I got my buddy all set :3 I hope you figure what is wrong with it though because I am not having any trouble with the update so far.

but yeah just updated the update today :3 I got 1km for my gloom so far to get some candies to evolve into vileplume ^_^

manga raw

Funny you should say that. A girl in Wyoming was walking by a river up there to get water Pokemon and discovered a dead body. Poor girl was real young and it looked like she was pretty upset.

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
Funny you should say that. A girl in Wyoming was walking by a river up there to get water Pokemon and discovered a dead body. Poor girl was real young and it looked like she was pretty upset.

1. She was nineteen.
2. According to at least one source, someone else would have found the body if she hadn't.
3. This was two months ago.
4. What does this have to do with FairyWitch's post?

Sorry to be biting, but the forum's had a lot of anti-GO folks come in and try to rain on players' parades for kicks. So we mods tend to be extra careful about staying on topic and whatnot.

Last edited:

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
1. She was nineteen.
2. According to at least one source, someone else would have found the body if she hadn't.
3. This was two months ago.
4. What does this have to do with FairyWitch's post?

Sorry to be biting, but the forum's had a lot of anti-GO folks come in and try to rain on players' parades for kicks. So we mods tend to be extra careful about staying on topic and whatnot.

I was about to say the same thing about what does that have to do with my post XD anyway back on topic, I walked 3km on go for my buddy but it never showed saying that I obtained a candy? Are we guaranteed every 1km,3km, or 5km a candy or sometimes they will not pick nothing up as well as will it tell us? I was just curious if everyone is having the same thing with the new buddy update? I don't think I see any increase on my candy either when I hit the 3km for my gloom >.>

edit: never mind it did notify me which it must of glitched the first time and I noticed it updates a tad bit late in your candy inventory on the screen because it said I got a oddish candy and then all of sudden it still showed 62 candies but then I exited out waited a few minutes and went back then it was there >.> I think the server needs a few more kinks with the new buddy system but nothing horrible still.

Last edited:

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
The candies just get added to your balance without a notification or you needing to accept it. I saw my candies go from 44 to 45 after I hit the 3km mark.

Firebrand

Indomitable
I've been getting a notification every time I close out of the app saying "Your Pokemon GO Plus session has ended. Select this to launch Pokemon GO!" except I'm not using Pokemon GO Plus, nor do I have Pokemon GO Plus. I'm wondering if there's a way to shut this off? It doesn't look like there's a way to do it without completely disabling notifications, but I'm wondering if anyone's found any way to do that.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
The candies just get added to your balance without a notification or you needing to accept it. I saw my candies go from 44 to 45 after I hit the 3km mark.

I figured out its just super slow updating how many candies you have and if your game app is in sleep mode it doesn't show it picked up the candy icon. I also noticed it didn't go up but then all of the sudden after closing it and then waiting a few seconds and re open it was there >.>

@Firebrand: I never had that problem before so I am not sure what is going on >.> I don't have the plus at all which don't plan on getting it since its 35 dollars for it but anyway I am not sure what is causing that session ended after closing the app.>.> is anyone else having that problem?

aggiegwyn

I've been getting a notification every time I close out of the app saying "Your Pokemon GO Plus session has ended. Select this to launch Pokemon GO!" except I'm not using Pokemon GO Plus, nor do I have Pokemon GO Plus. I'm wondering if there's a way to shut this off? It doesn't look like there's a way to do it without completely disabling notifications, but I'm wondering if anyone's found any way to do that.

I'm also having that problem, I found it strange since I definitely have never ordered or bought Pokemon GO Plus.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
It's apparently a common bug. So it miiiiiight be fixed with the next update, but no one's quite sure. Either way, for now, the only sure way to get rid of it is to disable notifications for the app altogether.

what makes it strange that some people are having the bug and some are not? I never got that notification about the go plus ending when I close the application >.> strange....I am sure it will be fixed in this next update like you said :3