• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Go Discussion

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
So I've hatched 3 10km eggs since gen 3 was introduced and got Lapras, Snorlax, and Sudowoodo. It is really frustrating getting a 10km egg and then have it not be a Pokemon that can evolve. On my way back from McDonald's for lunch I snagged to Slakoth, 1 Ralts, and an Elektrike. I also solo'd a Scyther with 52 seconds left at a gym that has given out EX passes in the past so I'm hoping to get one next time they come around. I then converted 115 of my nearly 500 Rare Candy into Ralts candy so I now have a level 33 Gardevoir which is not capable of a quick fairy move.

Sprinter1988

Quick Question: Does anyone else think its weird that Zigzagoon takes 50 candies to evolve into Linoone when Rattata and Sentret only took 25 to evolve into Raticate and Furret respectively?

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
Quick Question: Does anyone else think its weird that Zigzagoon takes 50 candies to evolve into Linoone when Rattata and Sentret only took 25 to evolve into Raticate and Furret respectively?

Yes. I was also expecting it to be 25. Maybe an update will change it.

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
Haven't played Pokémon Go in months, and I've been playing it a lot recently, and even battling in gyms for the first time. When I resumed playing the game, it was only a few days away before Hoenn Pokémon started appearing (I did not get the news...). I notice that since Hoenn Pokes made their appearance, a lot of Gulpin (of all Pokemon) are appearing on my game. Same with Zigzagoon and some Minun. One weird thing that happened recently one morning was when I ran into a Treecko. I fought it, and when I caught it, it said "Octillery was caught," and the game showed that I got an Octillery and no Treecko. What was that about? A glitch? I did run into an Octillery that morning, and I caught a Treecko later on though.

Has anyone else heard that Zangoose/Seviper and Plusle/Minum are apparently regional exclusives, seemingly being split by the east and west hemispheres? That's a bit disappointing. I don't have have any particular desire to get Seviper or Minum, but I just had hoped that the regionals already in place would be enough. I just find the concept to be pointless and annoying. It's especially strange in this case, seeing as those two pairs of Pokémon are meant to live together, not in separate parts of the world. How are Seviper and Zangoose supposed to have a rivalry when they never interact with each other? and when have you ever seen a Plusle without a Minum? Oh well. Hopefully they'll keep on doing events like the Farfecth'd one, and this won't be a problem for much longer.

That might explain why I have yet to see a Plusle, but from what I've seen in a gym, someone here has a Zangoose (I ran into Seviper a few times). I sure don't like the idea of regional exclusives to give my opinion on it, though.

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
So, on RSE legendaries:
  1. Kyogre Appeared in 12.01.2018-14.02.2018.
  2. RayquazaAppeared in 09.02.2018-16.03.2018
  3. LatiasAppeared in 02.04.2018-05.06.2018
  4. LatiosAppeared in 02.04.2018-05.06.2018
  5. Regirock Regis confirmed 21.06.2018. Appeared 16.08.18-20.09.18.
  6. Registeel Appeared in 19.07.2018-16.08.2018.
  7. Regice Appeared in 21.06.218-19.07.2018
remain. On Mythicals, we have:
  1. Mew Appeared in 30.03.2018-?? as a Research Quest.
  2. Celebi Appeared in 14.07.2018-15.07.2018 as a Research Quest in GO Fest 2018. Appeared 20.08.18-?? as a Research Quest.
  3. Jirachi Appeared in 13.06.2019-16.06.2019.
  4. Deoxys Appeared in 01.10.2018-18.12.2018 as an EX Raid in Normal Forme. Appeared in 18.12.2018-25.03.2019 as an EX Raid in Attack Forme. Appeared in 25.03.2019-27.06.2019 as an EX Raid in Defense Forme. Appeared in 27.06.2019. Other Formes are to be announced. All forms have been released.
Looks like Legendaries will be distributed throughout the year this around.

Edit: Gen 4 might be for Equinox.
Edit (27.06.2019): All Gen 3 Legendaries appeared in Pokémon GO.

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
So I've got a question: I've got a 10km egg in a super incubator.(Hatch distance is rounded to 6.7km but is 6.67 when you inspect it) I've got 6 out of the 6.7 km on it and it suddenly stopped gaining km on it. Is there a solution to fixing this? I googled it already and it said that restarting your phone or going into journal and walking could be solutions, but I tried and it didn't fix the issue. It then said if that didn't work it was likely a problem with the connection causing eggs to stop getting distance on them, but that isn't the case as I have a 5km still getting distance on it.

This is just frustrating because I have plenty more eggs that need hatching and I'd like to get to doing that.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
So I've got a question: I've got a 10km egg in a super incubator.(Hatch distance is rounded to 6.7km but is 6.67 when you inspect it) I've got 6 out of the 6.7 km on it and it suddenly stopped gaining km on it. Is there a solution to fixing this? I googled it already and it said that restarting your phone or going into journal and walking could be solutions, but I tried and it didn't fix the issue. It then said if that didn't work it was likely a problem with the connection causing eggs to stop getting distance on them, but that isn't the case as I have a 5km still getting distance on it.

This is just frustrating because I have plenty more eggs that need hatching and I'd like to get to doing that.

If you've done all you can do (restarting your phone, app, etc.) perhaps it's a bug that Niantic is working on. It wouldn't hurt to slip them a message though. I hope that is alleviated for you soon!

Exsception

Born Completionist
I don’t know if it’s been confirmed elsewhere, but Delibird is definitely available now.

I've got it too. About freakin' time I might add.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I've got it too. About freakin' time I might add.

Does anyone know if they're here permanently or that they'll disappear/get a really low spawn rate after Christmas? Either way, I really need to get out and catch some more Pokemon so I can get Christmas Pikachu with the Present move.

Vipsoccermaster

Does anyone know if they're here permanently or that they'll disappear/get a really low spawn rate after Christmas? Either way, I really need to get out and catch some more Pokemon so I can get Christmas Pikachu with the Present move.
Probably the latter, yeah. I believe the event is live until Thursday, January 4, 2018. The Delibird and the Santa Hat Pikachu you catch will award you 250 Stardust instead of the normal 100.

Yesterday, I managed to hatch a Santa Hat Pichu, which I wasn't expecting to get early on, but I'll gladly take that! Only really missed the Witch Hat Pichu, unfortunately.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Probably the latter, yeah. I believe the event is live until Thursday, January 4, 2018. The Delibird and the Santa Hat Pikachu you catch will award you 250 Stardust instead of the normal 100.

Yesterday, I managed to hatch a Santa Hat Pichu, which I wasn't expecting to get early on, but I'll gladly take that! Only really missed the Witch Hat Pichu, unfortunately.

I was wondering about the stardust. As for the Santa Hat Pikachu, I saw one this morning, but had no balls at all. Womp. Since it's Christmas vacation and stuff, I'm not spinning Pokestops all the time, which kinda sucks, but I'll take being low on poke balls rather than going to class any day.

Manchee

extra toasty
Haven't played Pokémon Go in months, and I've been playing it a lot recently, and even battling in gyms for the first time. When I resumed playing the game, it was only a few days away before Hoenn Pokémon started appearing (I did not get the news...). I notice that since Hoenn Pokes made their appearance, a lot of Gulpin (of all Pokemon) are appearing on my game. Same with Zigzagoon and some Minun. One weird thing that happened recently one morning was when I ran into a Treecko. I fought it, and when I caught it, it said "Octillery was caught," and the game showed that I got an Octillery and no Treecko. What was that about? A glitch? I did run into an Octillery that morning, and I caught a Treecko later on though.

That might explain why I have yet to see a Plusle, but from what I've seen in a gym, someone here has a Zangoose (I ran into Seviper a few times). I sure don't like the idea of regional exclusives to give my opinion on it, though.

I've never heard of that happening! That's a really weird glitch if it is one...

Also, why do you not like regional exclusives? I felt similarly until I was able to get one over the summer while I was on vacation, and I was a really cool experience to think that I was in such a specific place that I would not have been able to find it elsewhere.

I haven't seen any Delibird since Christmas, and that is with heavy snowfall in my area :p

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Hopefully next month's Community Day will be similar to this one. If so, I am extremely excited for the copious Dratini with a Shiny or two thrown. Shiny Pikachu is cool, but a Shiny Dragonite would be awesome.

Exsception

Born Completionist
Hopefully next month's Community Day will be similar to this one. If so, I am extremely excited for the copious Dratini with a Shiny or two thrown. Shiny Pikachu is cool, but a Shiny Dragonite would be awesome.

I'm all for the release of shiny Dratini. But if they make them as common as the shiny Pikachu were, then I'll be furious. The chances must've been like 5% for a Shiny Pikachu, because most people I know-myself included-got more than one over the course of a three-hour period. That shouldn't happen. It completely devalues the idea of shiny.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I'm all for the release of shiny Dratini. But if they make them as common as the shiny Pikachu were, then I'll be furious. The chances must've been like 5% for a Shiny Pikachu, because most people I know-myself included-got more than one over the course of a three-hour period. That shouldn't happen. It completely devalues the idea of shiny.

I get it with Shiny Pikachu, since people had already captured it, and it devalues those that were already valuable, but I don't see any issue with releasing it for the first time as common, as long as not every Shiny is released as such. I don't mind a freebie every once in a while. Even the real games did. Just look at Ultra Sun and Moon with its wormhole Pokémon.

Exsception

Born Completionist
I get it with Shiny Pikachu, since people had already captured it, and it devalues those that were already valuable, but I don't see any issue with releasing it for the first time as common, as long as not every Shiny is released as such. I don't mind a freebie every once in a while. Even the real games did. Just look at Ultra Sun and Moon with its wormhole Pokémon.

I suppose. But if these Community Days are supposed to be monthly, then that would mean an easy shiny every month. Too common for my taste, but I guess I can see how some would enjoy it. I just really hope that my Shiny Sableye doesn't become worthless because of this.

Can't wait for that beautiful 3x Stardust though! Couple that with a Star Piece, and I'll practically be choking on all the intake.

e: Oh, and we have more gen 3's now.

Manchee

extra toasty

This is kinds of how I feel about them releasing Farfetch'd a bit back to areas outside of Asia. A cool opportunity for people who can't go and get one, but it devalues it for those that do. Some kind of indicator that it's an event Pokémon would be nice, same for the shiny Pikachu and Dratini being released through the community days.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I suppose. But if these Community Days are supposed to be monthly, then that would mean an easy shiny every month. Too common for my taste, but I guess I can see how some would enjoy it. I just really hope that my Shiny Sableye doesn't become worthless because of this.

Can't wait for that beautiful 3x Stardust though! Couple that with a Star Piece, and I'll practically be choking on all the intake.

e: Oh, and we have more gen 3's now.

To be clear, I don't expect them to do a common Shiny every single month. I'm just hoping we get it next month, because I really want a Shiny Dratini, and, let's be honest, I'll never get one otherwise.

This is kinds of how I feel about them releasing Farfetch'd a bit back to areas outside of Asia. A cool opportunity for people who can't go and get one, but it devalues it for those that do. Some kind of indicator that it's an event Pokémon would be nice, same for the shiny Pikachu and Dratini being released through the community days.

I'm going to have to disagree with you there. The idea of regional Pokémon in a game whose entire purpose is to catch them all is inherently flawed. Maybe if trading were actually a thing (which, at this point, I honestly don't want it to be), then you could justify the existence of regionals, but without trading, one should not be expected to travel all around the world to actually be able to complete the main objective of the game. Since no one in there right mind is traveling purely for the purpose of catching a regional Pokémon, it becomes less of trophy of dedication to the game, and more of token of luck for just happening to travel to the right place. So I'm all for releasing regionals everywhere during events, and I say that as someone who traveled and caught a Corsola and got a Kangaskhan from a location-based event.

Manchee

extra toasty
I'm going to have to disagree with you there. The idea of regional Pokémon in a game whose entire purpose is to catch them all is inherently flawed. Maybe if trading were actually a thing (which, at this point, I honestly don't want it to be), then you could justify the existence of regionals, but without trading, one should not be expected to travel all around the world to actually be able to complete the main objective of the game. Since no one in there right mind is traveling purely for the purpose of catching a regional Pokémon, it becomes less of trophy of dedication to the game, and more of token of luck for just happening to travel to the right place. So I'm all for releasing regionals everywhere during events, and I say that as someone who traveled and caught a Corsola and got a Kangaskhan from a location-based event.

I do think that trading should be introduced, solely because I've always felt that the purpose of these games is to connect with people - that's why they have different versions of main series games when they come out, so you have to trade and interact with other people to get the Pokémon that you want/need to complete your dex. It's not as fun to play a game by yourself, so I think promoting going out with other people and making an "adventure" out of it is way better than being able to complete it on your own. And with only a handful of regional exclusive Pokémon, it's not terribly bad. I've gotten some regional exclusives before I've evolved Mankey, which is very annoying to me because I don't find joy in walking constantly to collect buddy candies, which half the time do not register for me. I'm getting off-topic though for what I was saying about regionals- bottom-line, if they had an indicator right on their main screen to say they were from an event, I wouldn't mind as much about them being released in non-regional areas.