• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Go Discussion

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Wow, I was not expecting to be as happy with Ultra Bonus as I am. I don't care much about the Legendary Birds or Kanto spawns, but Mewtwo and Regionals are amazing. I already lucked out and got my Mewtwo way back during that glitched EX Raid Pass distribution a few months ago, but if it weren't for that stroke of luck and a major glitch, I still wouldn't have one, even with all the time I put into this game. And with the regionals, I'll finally, after all this time, be able to complete my Kanto Dex. That's long overdue. Only thing I'm afraid of is not being able to hatch enough eggs before the 30th. Hopefully I'll get lucky.

Now, what's interesting is this Mewtwo thing. It causes a bit of a problem. If everyone gets a Mewtwo during this event, then that means there wouldn't be much excitement towards getting invited to future EX Raids, so to stop this from being a problem, they'll either have to stop EX Raids altogether, or switch up the EX Raid Pokémon. Personally, I hope it's the end of EX Raids, given the fact it's such a messed up and broken system, but I highly doubt that will happen. So, I'm guessing they'll switch to Deoxys as the next EX Raid. As long as they do a Deoxys in normal raids event in a year like they're doing with Mewtwo now, I'm cool with that too.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Its nice that, they are adding "PokéStop Submissions" in Pokemon GO now, but the fact that only Level 40 players can do so is really bad.

I mean, it takes a long time to reach that point, and truthfully i would say that majority of current Level 40 players are those who have easy access to "PokéStop" nearby them or have flown around the world (like many "PokéGo-tubers").

Atleast they should change it so that, either Level 25+ or Level 30+ can make "PokéStop Submissions" as well (since that seems to be a pretty good point to allow it).

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Its nice that, they are adding "PokéStop Submissions" in Pokemon GO now, but the fact that only Level 40 players can do so is really bad.

I mean, it takes a long time to reach that point, and truthfully i would say that majority of current Level 40 players are those who have easy access to "PokéStop" nearby them or have flown around the world (like many "PokéGo-tubers").

Atleast they should change it so that, either Level 25+ or Level 30+ can make "PokéStop Submissions" as well (since that seems to be a pretty good point to allow it).

I don't think it will take too long for them to lower the level. They're just testing the waters for now. Last I've heard, they're still massively backed-up on submissions from Ingress, and Pokémon Go has a player base several times the size of Ingress. If they let too many people submit at once, they'll only make the back up even worse.

That being said, I don't expect then to lower the requirement to anything less than level 35. Any semi-serious player can reach level 25 in a matter of three or four months easily, and even level 30 can be achieved relatively easy. It's not until after 35 or so that you really prove you're a dedicated player, and in order to make sure they don't get too many submissions, and that those submissions aren't total garbage, they have to make sure you're a dedicated player. They might go as low as 30, but if it is lower than 35, I couldn't see it being any less than 33.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Last I've heard, they're still massively backed-up on submissions from Ingress, and Pokémon Go has a player base several times the size of Ingress. If they let too many people submit at once, they'll only make the back up even worse.
The thing with the "backed-up on submissions from Ingress", well its mostly from Pokemon GO players who created an account there in order to add PokeStop's (i did the same as well, but haven't really figured out how to play that game, and you have to be lvl 10+ in Ingress to make submissions).

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
The thing with the "backed-up on submissions from Ingress", well its mostly from Pokemon GO players who created an account there in order to add PokeStop's (i did the same as well, but haven't really figured out how to play that game, and you have to be lvl 10+ in Ingress to make submissions).

Not at all, they were massively backed-up in Ingress even before Go came out. They had to shut down submissions all together for a while, before Go came out, and it wasn't until something like a year after Go came out that they allowed them again.

I'm sure a lot of people did try to create Ingress accounts with the hope of submitting PokéStops, but from what I've heard, it takes several months of serious play to reach level 10 in Ingress (I think I saw it said that it's the equivalent of level 30 in Go). How many people who are playing Ingress just because they want to submit PokéStops are really going to put that much effort into a game they don't care about? I'm sure some people did, but hardly enough to make a significant impact on the total amount of submissions.

ChrisAR

I am curious about the new region eggs for the Ultra bonus event. For the 7km friend eggs, does it matter when you get the egg or when you hatch it? Some friends have been saying when you get the egg, but I do not see a date when I got the egg, like there is a date on the pokemon, like when you caught it or when it hatched.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I am curious about the new region eggs for the Ultra bonus event. For the 7km friend eggs, does it matter when you get the egg or when you hatch it? Some friends have been saying when you get the egg, but I do not see a date when I got the egg, like there is a date on the pokemon, like when you caught it or when it hatched.

The Pokémon in an Egg are generated when you receive the egg. It's always been that way. If I were to hatch an egg I received on my first day playing in 2016, then that egg could possibly hatch into a Pidgey, which hasn't been in the egg pool for over a year. It would also been a low level, as I would have had a low trainer level then. Or, if I hatch an egg from an event after the event ends, it can still be one of the event hatches. The opposite is true too, if I hatched an egg from before an event during it, then it would not have an event hatch in it.

That all means that only eggs received between now and the 30th will have the regionals in them, and anything received prior will not. Because of this, it is best to focus on collecting as many new 7 km eggs as possible during the event, but not necessarily hatching them. Hatch your 2 and 5 km ones first, to open up more room faster. Even if you don't hatch all your eggs during the event, the leftovers will still possibly have the regionals in them.

As for dates, you can see the date you received an egg by clicking the egg on the egg inventory.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
So, looks like they're going to change EX Raids to Deoxys. I'm really not sure how to feel about this. It's a big mixed bag.

On one hand, with Mewtwo coming to normal raids, getting an invite to EX Raids would no longer be special, therefore we need something new to make it special. On the other hand, this is another Pokémon that's going to be locked behind a ridiculously broken system for at least a year.

Then there's the fact that, knowing Niantic's laziness, there will be no way to change Deoxys' form at will, meaning we'll have to be invited to at least four different EX Raids to catch them all, but since it will probably be randomized, it's going to take a whole lot more than four in reality. It's impossible enough to get invited to one, so that's really going to suck.

To be fair, Deoxys will likely be just like Mewtwo, where it will stick around in EX Raids for year, then be given to everyone in a big event, only to be replaced by Arceus, or something, so it's not that big of a deal. We'll get our Deoxys eventually. It just sucks most of us will have to wait so long.

What Niantic really needs to do, is something to fix the EX Raid system. It's not a bad idea in theory, but it practice it's just awful. Whatever criteria they use to decide who gets invited to EX Raids just isn't open enough, and we just need more gyms in general that can have the EX Raids in the first place.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Wtf since when were Tangela regional exclusive I thought everyone could get one of those. I’m saying this because I hatched one from a seven KM egg so it took me by shock. .__.

Yeah, for whatever reason, you can hatch Tangela and Porygon. They never announced it, so I don't blame you. It's quite ridiculous, as those lower the chances even more of getting regionals. The likely reason is that they're both very rare Pokémon with Sinnoh evolutions.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I have found the mysterious Pokémon. The Pokémon you all thought will be in Generation 8 and LGPE. It happened right after Chikorita Community Day ended in the Asia-Pacific region, including Australia and New Zealand.

XGvvj2C.jpg

Here is an encounter of the mysterious Pokémon.

tC5e7Pz.png

You can see that it has had an increased spawn rate, at least for a while.

7nuvyD0.png

Here is what it looks like in the overworld.

m21epXX.png

You can see its red tail there.

It’s a Ditto in disguise. In some other account, according to a Hong Kong Pokémon GO player, it was a Chikorita in disguise. Some players in Japan found Kecleon spawns later but they still transform into Ditto upon being caught.

But going for the Ditto case:
cPt6v3J.png

Looks suspicious.

bm7uL92.png

It's transforming back...

vZDoD89.png

It's Ditto!
After 30 minutes since the end of Chikorita Community Day in the Asia-Pacific region, the spawn rates started to decrease.

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I have found the mysterious Pokémon. The Pokémon you all thought will be in Generation 8 and LGPE. It happened right after Chikorita Community Day ended in the Asia-Pacific region, including Australia and New Zealand.

XGvvj2C.jpg

Here is an encounter of the mysterious Pokémon.

tC5e7Pz.png

You can see that it has had an increased spawn rate, at least for a while.

7nuvyD0.png

Here is what it looks like in the overworld.

m21epXX.png

You can see its red tail there.

It’s a Ditto in disguise. In some other account, according to a Hong Kong Pokémon GO player, it was disguised as a Chikorita. Some players in Japan found Kecleon spawns later but they still transform into Ditto upon being caught.

But going for the Ditto case:
cPt6v3J.png

Looks suspicious.

bm7uL92.png

It's transforming back...

vZDoD89.png

It's Ditto!
After 30 minutes since the end of Chikorita Community Day in the Asia-Pacific region, the spawn rates started to decrease.

So, I guess you'll admit it's an actual Pokémon and not a placeholder now, right?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So, I guess you'll admit it's an actual Pokémon and not a placeholder now, right?
Well at least that is the first stage of confirmed info. We have now heard that Niantic did intend to have it to appear in the overworld as a tease which is the best that we have from official sources at the moment. But you still have to admit it isn't yet confirmed by Game Freak yet ;)

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
That thing is weird even for a Pokemon.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Well at least that is the first stage of confirmed info. We have now heard that Niantic did intend to have it to appear in the overworld as a tease which is the best that we have from official sources at the moment. But you still have to admit it isn't yet confirmed by Game Freak yet ;)
It’s confirmed no matter what. GF doesn’t need to tell everyone this is an actual Pokémon. End of story.

I love the new Pokémon. More unique ones like those are always welcomed in my book.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It’s confirmed no matter what. GF doesn’t need to tell everyone this is an actual Pokémon. End of story.
Except it’s not official yet because neither Niantic nor The Pokémon Company in general have revealed it. The tease only makes it more likely to be official. All it needs is a trailer or a post to guarantee it. It’s still quite mysterious at the moment and I’ll be happy to wait until more information comes. I just feel it isn’t quite complete yet but it’s just a weird way to reveal one. We should end it here.

Last edited:

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
My group just calls it the Dittonut for obvious reasons. It's interesting because there's evidence suggesting it was released by accident but then was played off as a marketing tactic. Either way, whether it was on purpose or not, it certainly got people's attention.