• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Go Discussion

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
So are Bronzor, Skorupi, and Croagunk not raid exclusive and can be found in the wild normally like other Pokémon? If so, I’m surprised they didn’t make Croagunk a raid exclusive. Idk why but it just feels like a Pokémon that would be one haha. Not complaining though!

They all appear in the wild. And please, let's not tempt Niantic with ideas.

B€ntley

Roll the Ice Dice
Have you seen whether any research gives out a Snover encounter? I'm fishing for one with good ivs and any method to increase my chances would be welcomed

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Have you seen whether any research gives out a Snover encounter? I'm fishing for one with good ivs and any method to increase my chances would be welcomed

I have seen no reports of new field research, so I'm going to have to guess no.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Snover is so common in the wild right now so I don’t think it needs research at this moment.

B€ntley

Roll the Ice Dice
My brother showed me that baby pokemon get a discount on their prize for the secondary charged move. So far I haven't noticed any other discount in different Pokémon so this is an utility reason not to have them evolving too early (except Pichu since Pikachu already has a dirt cheap pricing for its secondary move).

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
My brother showed me that baby pokemon get a discount on their prize for the secondary charged move. So far I haven't noticed any other discount in different Pokémon so this is an utility reason not to have them evolving too early (except Pichu since Pikachu already has a dirt cheap pricing for its secondary move).
Yeah I think it's a good incentive to leave baby Pokémon as they are for teaching them a second move. I haven't done that yet but it certainly saves a lot of Candy and Stardust.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
The double hatch stardust and candy event is good. I was able to get 49 candy from a single Shinx hatch to power up my perfect Luxray. It is also a chance I am taking advantage of to get a bunch of stardust. I ended up getting about 200,000 yesterday because I am pay to play so I had 9 eggs going at a time.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I still miss the baby Pokémon from the Christmas event though. But still double candy and stardust from Eggs is good nevertheless and need quite a good amount of it to power up my Pokémon.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I am posting inb4 Bagon ends up being about a 1/200 chance of hatching from a 7km egg obtained tomorrow after 1pm PST. Based on the odds of what Mantyke and Chingling were it wouldn't surprise me in the least. Most of my 10km eggs have been Porygon and Mareep and frequently with barely above the minimum candy so my star piece bonus isn't as good as with the 5s.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I am posting inb4 Bagon ends up being about a 1/200 chance of hatching from a 7km egg obtained tomorrow after 1pm PST. Based on the odds of what Mantyke and Chingling were it wouldn't surprise me in the least. Most of my 10km eggs have been Porygon and Mareep and frequently with barely above the minimum candy so my star piece bonus isn't as good as with the 5s.

Presumably it's got to be more common than it is from a regular 10 km egg, or it would kind of defeat the purpose.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Palkia is confirmed to be the next Level 5 Raid Boss! It’s expected to start appearing once the Hoenn event is over.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Couldn't help but notice that the picture they used to announce Palkia with looks quite a bit like something out of the Darkrai movie. Wonder if that was done on purpose to invoke Palkia's main anime appearance, or if it was just a coincidence.

Regardless, happy to see another one of my favorites come into the mix.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
So, this newest update adds 12 new Spinda forms to the game, before having to repeat any of the already existing eight.

Okay Niantic, I'll take back what I said in regards to you being lazy with the Spinda. Presumably, this means that they will keep on adding an entirely new Spinda form each month, never repeating the same form twice. While it may not be as fun as having a chance at finding any one of the billions of forms, it's at least much more true to Spinda's gimmick than just cycling through eight of them. It also makes Spinda an interesting collectors piece. Two years from now, any of the currently released Spinda forms will probably be considered pretty rare, and that will only be compounded further as time goes on. Of course, the problem introduced now is what Spinda do you keep, and what do you release? Obviously we don't have the storage to hold on to every one.

This is all assuming that Niantic does add 12 new Spinda every year, and does not repeat them. I would think that 12 a year is pretty easy, so I'll give Niantic the benefit of the doubt this time.

Speaking of Spinda, I have yet to find a Spinda research this month. That's a bit of a bummer.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Wow, we're actually getting an event that double experience from evolutions? Awesome!

Unfortunately, I just did an evolution spree on Friday and have nothing left to evolve...

Anyways, this will be my first double experience event with the Pokéball Plus, and I'll already get massive amounts of experience with that thing, so this should be interesting. And while they are doubling experience from evolutions as well as catches, it unfortunately does not double other sources of experience, so I still can't claim my final research rewards for Mew, and I won't be able to get 400,000 experience for becoming best friends with someone tomorrow.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Now we get double friendship boosts (so two friendship points instead of one from opening gifts, doing raids together, PvP, etc.) for the weekend and Valentines Day event is back after the Chinese New Year event! A good chance to farm these Chanseys to get a Blissey (hoping so much that Chansey will return for the Valentines event).

quake

I'm slightly surprised that Mamoswine gets Ancient Power on CD. I get it, piloswine needs that move to evolve so it works but honestly thought it would have gotten something more unique or not expected

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I'm slightly surprised that Mamoswine gets Ancient Power on CD. I get it, piloswine needs that move to evolve so it works but honestly thought it would have gotten something more unique or not expected

With the one major exception of Smack Down on Tyranitar (as well as the debatable exception on Dragon Pulse with Ampharos), Community Day movies have always been special and/or signature moves learned by the Pokémon in some way. Since Mamoswine needs Ancient Power to evolve, that means that every Mamoswine needs to have known Ancient Power in at least one point of its life. I would say that would qualify it as its signature move. The Community Day moves, by definition, should be something expected. I agree that it doesn't feel that special, but there really was no better choice. Any other move would have been completely random, and had no special connection with Mamoswine. Sure, they could have pulled another Smack Down Tyranitar (which only happened in the first place because Tyranitar had no obvious signature move), but why would you when Mamoswine has such an obvious choice?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I'm a bit surprised that they made heart spot Spinda an actual thing.

I guess Luvdisc lost another reason to exist.