• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Go Discussion

quake

How did they do the Aloan roll out for gen 1 forms? I'm curious their only releasing three right now considering there are more forms (ponyta, farfetched, Mr. Mime, corolla etc)

thekorean

I haven’t found one Unova Stone since I got one first week it came out. Anyone else have this issue? I can’t evolve my Chandelure. :(

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
How did they do the Aloan roll out for gen 1 forms? I'm curious their only releasing three right now considering there are more forms (ponyta, farfetched, Mr. Mime, corolla etc)

May 2018: Alolan Exeggutor

June 2018:
First batch: Alolan Vulpix, Meowth, Grimer, Sandshrew in Eggs.
Second batch: Alolan Rattata as spawn.

July 2018:
First batch: Alolan Geodude, Diglett, first as event, later in Eggs.
Second batch: Alolan Raichu and Marowak as Raid Bosses.

Currently base Darumaka and Stunfisk are unavailable, so the current rollout will be a bit more complicated.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Very happy that they're finally doing an event that doubles experience upon evolution. I really missed the mass experience gain from Lucky Egg evolution sessions. I really need it too, since I'm at 3 million out of 5 million experience for level 39, and I desperately need to get to level 40 so I can submit and review Pokéstops.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
I had a play around with the new buddy feature and it's neat.

Kinda surprised that shiny Gible is now available as all the other pseudos were saved for community days.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Can't even get past the loading screen. No matter what I try, gps on or off doesn't work. The latter just makes the game crash.

My mom was able to log into her account just fine. Android 8.1.

But Android 5 and 6 users aren't able to log in.

Niantic is investigating the issue.

Last edited:

thekorean

What does the new egg event mean by scrambled up? So can a Pokémon usually hatched from 10km eggs hatch from something else?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
What does the new egg event mean by scrambled up? So can a Pokémon usually hatched from 10km eggs hatch from something else?

It doesn't mean much at all. They just changed around what can be hatched from eggs. They added some stuff and took away some other stuff. It's not really an event so much as it is an update to the egg pool.

Edit: Here's a detailed description of what changed: https://thesilphroad.com/science/quick-discovery/december-2019-egg-emigration/

For the most part, it looks like they mostly cleaned up the egg pools, removing the older and more common Pokémon that most people aren't going to want to hatch. However,there's a couple of changes that I'm heavily questioning. Riolu and Nincada were removed from 10 km eggs, even though eggs are currently the only way to get Nincada, and now Riolu is so extremely rare from any egg, that I don't think people would mind keeping it in the regular 10 km pool. Then they also removed Blitzle, Foongus, and Drillbur, three Pokémon that are still relatively new. I've gotten all the candy I need for the three of them, but I'm certain most people haven't.

Overall, this is probably a good change, but there are a few questionable decisions.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
It doesn't mean much at all. They just changed around what can be hatched from eggs. They added some stuff and took away some other stuff. It's not really an event so much as it is an update to the egg pool.

Edit: Here's a detailed description of what changed: https://thesilphroad.com/science/quick-discovery/december-2019-egg-emigration/

For the most part, it looks like they mostly cleaned up the egg pools, removing the older and more common Pokémon that most people aren't going to want to hatch. However,there's a couple of changes that I'm heavily questioning. Riolu and Nincada were removed from 10 km eggs, even though eggs are currently the only way to get Nincada, and now Riolu is so extremely rare from any egg, that I don't think people would mind keeping it in the regular 10 km pool. Then they also removed Blitzle, Foongus, and Drillbur, three Pokémon that are still relatively new. I've gotten all the candy I need for the three of them, but I'm certain most people haven't.

Overall, this is probably a good change, but there are a few questionable decisions.
Seriously? That's a BAD change. Never got a Riolu. Did they remove Porygon? Ran into that thing one too many times. Is it still in 7km eggs?

Last edited:

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Seriously? That's a BAD change. Never got a Riolu. Did they remove Porygon? Ran into that thing one too many times. Is it still in 7km eggs?

Porygon was removed from 10k eggs, yes. Riolu is still obtainable from 7ks.

Overall they removed some 90 species from the egg pool. That's insanely ridiculous, but it means we should be consistently hatching "better" things. The removal of Blitzle and Drillbur is one that I question too. Excadrill is one of the best ground type attackers now. It's weird that they just suddenly yank it.

In any case, decreasing the 10k pool to make it "easier" to hatch Gible and Deino doesn't really seem to matter too much since you don't have any control of what type of egg can spawn from a stop. This is where I feel tossing eggs that you don't want would be helpful.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Ok, how am I supposed to get hearts for the buddy Pokémon? Pikachu was in the map when I fought two rocket grunts yet it didn't the heart it was supposed to. I don't get, the feature description simply says to have a battle (raid, gym or rocket grunt) with your buddy in the map. Is anything else necessary?

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Ok, how am I supposed to get hearts for the buddy Pokémon? Pikachu was in the map when I fought two rocket grunts yet it didn't the heart it was supposed to. I don't get, the feature description simply says to have a battle (raid, gym or rocket grunt) with your buddy in the map. Is anything else necessary?

I believe you have to have your buddy actually be in the fight with you, as in, be in the battle/raid party.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Just had another Rocket Grunt fight and I'm starting to think that might be the case.

Man, they could at least explain it better in the instructions. The way they worded it seems like it'd work as long as it's on the map.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Riolu is still available in 7 km eggs and Adventure Synch 10 km eggs. Porygon is no longer available in eggs, but for whatever it's worth, they seem to be pretty common from Rocket Grunts right now.

In any case, decreasing the 10k pool to make it "easier" to hatch Gible and Deino doesn't really seem to matter too much since you don't have any control of what type of egg can spawn from a stop.

It's actually a massive help in that regard, as the system doesn't discriminate between egg types. It's not so much that you have an X% chance to get a 10 km egg, and then from that egg a Y% chance to get a Gible, rather it's when you first get an egg, you have a Z% chance to get a Gible, and since Gible belong in 10 km eggs, it will show you getting a 10 km egg. So by massively culling the egg pool, your odds of getting a Gible or a Deino massively went up. Did I explain that well enough?

Just had another Rocket Grunt fight and I'm starting to think that might be the case.

Man, they could at least explain it better in the instructions. The way they worded it seems like it'd work as long as it's on the map.

It is definitely the case. I'm not sure I understand the confusion though. The task clearly states battle together. If it's not on your team, then you're not really battling together, are you?

thekorean

Been getting nothing but 2km eggs. Ugh.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Been getting nothing but 2km eggs. Ugh.

Better than only getting 5 km eggs, which take longer to hatch. Getting through them faster give you another shot at a 10 km that much sooner.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Been able to log into Go since the last update. It's been less laggy too, so that's good. Hoping things stay that way.

thekorean

Better than only getting 5 km eggs, which take longer to hatch. Getting through them faster give you another shot at a 10 km that much sooner.
Yea. And they hatch Gen 5 starters now, so thats something.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
First, I need to rant. So I'm out and about when they launch today's new Pokémon. The very first thing I see on my nearby is a Sawk. I could have went five minutes out of my way to catch it, but I decided not to bother, since Sawk doesn't evolve, and isn't all that powerful, so you only need to catch one, and I figured I'd find another one before too long. Now here I am an hour later, learning that Sawk appearing for me is a mistake, and is actually a regional Pokémon for the other side the world, meaning that the Sawk I purposefully passed by will very likely be the one and only Sawk will ever have the chance to catch. Words cannot express my annoyance.

Anyways, with that off my chest, this wave of releases has some good and bad. This is the first wave of Unova Pokémon since the initial wave to actually have more than one or two new Pokémon. And I commend Niantic on actually implementing trade evolutions. That is not something I would ever expect them to do, after they have continuously shown that they don't care about replicating evolution mechanics properly. This still doesn't make up for the abominations that are the Sinnoh and Unova Stones, but it's a step in the right direction.

As far as the bad goes though, they may have released a chunk of new Pokémon, but so many of them are regionals. Six of them, to be exact (Okay, you could argue that Basculin doesn't count, so five). Every part of the world has its own regionals now. There's no reason to add more. At very least, I promise you that the two relatively small countries of Egypt and Greece certainly did not need a regional all to themselves. Sigilyph doesn't even make any sense as regional for those countries, seeing as it's based on South American culture, not Egyptian or Greek. Why is Niantic so obsessed with regionals? Oh yeah, and Timburr is yet another Raid/Egg exclusive Pokémon. I'm not even close to evolving my Klink yet. We need more Pokémon in the wild, not less. Come on Niantic.