• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Go Discussion

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Is there a website that shows which pokemon you can find in certain countries (regular ones, not regional)? I'm doing it since I'm kind of curious to see what common pokemon you'd find in places like Australia or Ireland as opposed to the ones here in the US

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Is there a website that shows which pokemon you can find in certain countries (regular ones, not regional)? I'm doing it since I'm kind of curious to see what common pokemon you'd find in places like Australia or Ireland as opposed to the ones here in the US

Pokémon aren't dictated by country, but rather by biome. If you live near water, whether that be in the US or in the UK, you're going to find similar things. So really, a country's common spawns are determined by its average environment. There is nothing more specific than that.

So I had a 7km egg, and it hatched into a Magikarp. I don't remember it ever being part of that particular Egg list.

Magikarp was put in 7 km during the Lunar New Years event that focused on red Pokémon. For the past three or weeks, Niantic has been non-stop running events based around 7 km eggs, and thus constantly changing what hatches from them.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I finally have enough candies to evolve one of my two Snubbull, though I’m not sure which one to evolve
  • One has a CP of 301, two stars, high attack & defense, and half HP
  • One has a CP of 16, three stars, low attack, perfect defense, and high HP
Aside from not evolving either of them and just catch a Granbull (which I can’t do at the moment), does anyone know which Snubbull I should evolve?

Pokémon aren't dictated by country, but rather by biome. If you live near water, whether that be in the US or in the UK, you're going to find similar things. So really, a country's common spawns are determined by its average environment. There is nothing more specific than that.
Thanks for the heads up & that’s actually really interesting to know

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I finally have enough candies to evolve one of my two Snubbull, though I’m not sure which one to evolve
  • One has a CP of 301, two stars, high attack & defense, and half HP
  • One has a CP of 16, three stars, low attack, perfect defense, and high HP
Aside from not evolving either of them and just catch a Granbull (which I can’t do at the moment), does anyone know which Snubbull I should evolve?

It comes down to what you care about. First off, are you even going to use this Granbull to battle? If not, then it really doesn't matter in the slightest. And if you do plan on battling battling with it, then the next question is, do you plan on powering it up? If you have no plans on powering something up, then always evolve the one with higher CP. IVs only matter if you plan on max leveling the Pokémon and want to get the slight edge that the extra stats provide. This should be obvious, but with no power ups, your 301 CP Snubbull will always be stronger than your 16 CP one.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
So, the ticket for this weekend's Genesect event just went on sale. This implies that Niantic is actually planning on going forward with the event, rather than cancelling it like Abra Community Day. So let me get this straight, the free event you hold every month that has become a staple of the game is okay to cancel, but the rip-off event that costs $8 to participate in is fine to go on? I wasn't going to complain about the Abra Day cancellation, but this just made things ridiculous.

poe_keeper

So, the ticket for this weekend's Genesect event just went on sale. This implies that Niantic is actually planning on going forward with the event, rather than cancelling it like Abra Community Day. So let me get this straight, the free event you hold every month that has become a staple of the game is okay to cancel, but the rip-off event that costs $8 to participate in is fine to go on? I wasn't going to complain about the Abra Day cancellation, but this just made things ridiculous.

I am still somewhat new to Pokémon Go and I am noticing that in order to keep up and enjoy all Go has to offer you have to spend money. If Genesect was a shiny I may have purchased the ticket otherwise I just resent spending money to buy a pokemon. I'm sure this is different for players that only play Go and who do not play the mainstream games.

I am finding myself playing less and less pokemon Go and resenting it more and more.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I am still somewhat new to Pokémon Go and I am noticing that in order to keep up and enjoy all Go has to offer you have to spend money. If Genesect was a shiny I may have purchased the ticket otherwise I just resent spending money to buy a pokemon. I'm sure this is different for players that only play Go and who do not play the mainstream games.

I am finding myself playing less and less pokemon Go and resenting it more and more.

I've been playing the game actively since release, and have never put any money into the game. The thing is, up until a few months ago, there was no reason to spend money. Everything you could buy in-game was either available for free through Pokéstops, or could be purchased with coins, which could be earned through the gym system. Unless you're a massively dedicated player who wants raid ten times a day and have nine eggs incubating at once, simply playing the game was enough to get you most of what you needed. Then a couple months ago everything changed when they added an even for Regigigas, which was basically the same thing as this Genesect event. It cost eight dollars, and you could only purchase it with money, not with coins. If it cost 800 coins instead (equivalent to $8), or even 1000 coins, then I would buy the ticket in a heartbeat. But no, you have to pay eight dollars, and I honestly don't think the virtual rewards they give amount to anywhere near eight dollars worth of value. I was really hoping that the Regigas event would be one-time thing, but now they're repeating it with Genesect, much to my disappointment.

Of course, everyone's going to value the game differently. I don't think people buying into the event is wrong, but personally, no matter how much I play this game, I wouldn't have even started playing it in the first place if it costed me eight dollars, and if I wouldn't pay eight dollars for the entire game, there's no way I'm going to pay that for a tiny one-day event.

poe_keeper

I've been playing the game actively since release, and have never put any money into the game. The thing is, up until a few months ago, there was no reason to spend money. Everything you could buy in-game was either available for free through Pokéstops, or could be purchased with coins, which could be earned through the gym system. Unless you're a massively dedicated player who wants raid ten times a day and have nine eggs incubating at once, simply playing the game was enough to get you most of what you needed. Then a couple months ago everything changed when they added an even for Regigigas, which was basically the same thing as this Genesect event. It cost eight dollars, and you could only purchase it with money, not with coins. If it cost 800 coins instead (equivalent to $8), or even 1000 coins, then I would buy the ticket in a heartbeat. But no, you have to pay eight dollars, and I honestly don't think the virtual rewards they give amount to anywhere near eight dollars worth of value. I was really hoping that the Regigas event would be one-time thing, but now they're repeating it with Genesect, much to my disappointment.

Of course, everyone's going to value the game differently. I don't think people buying into the event is wrong, but personally, no matter how much I play this game, I wouldn't have even started playing it in the first place if it costed me eight dollars, and if I wouldn't pay eight dollars for the entire game, there's no way I'm going to pay that for a tiny one-day event.

I work in downtown Philadelphia and have plenty of chances to hit stops and gyms. I don't know what players do in rural areas. But usually I am in need of revives which I just don't seem to get a lot of so I had to buy coins to buy revives. I needed the revives for the shiny Darkrai raid. The Mewtwo event wiped me out of like 20 pokemon. And then I hit 5 different gyms and no shiny Drkrai. On top of that I missed him all 5 times which was frustrating. The entire Darkrai event was just disappointing for me and changed my attitude towards the game.

The reason I got into Go, which you know, was for Meltan. And I had to buy Let's Go basically just for Meltan which I wasn't thrilled with. I guess I will keep playing Go but not like before. I'll basically just stock up for shiny events or the next Meltan type of exclusive. But all that being said I am glad I got Meltan and Melmetal.

Ghost94

It offers players an alternative to going out and raiding to catch Pokémon.

I work in downtown Philadelphia and have plenty of chances to hit stops and gyms. I don't know what players do in rural areas. But usually I am in need of revives which I just don't seem to get a lot of so I had to buy coins to buy revives. I needed the revives for the shiny Darkrai raid. The Mewtwo event wiped me out of like 20 pokemon. And then I hit 5 different gyms and no shiny Drkrai. On top of that I missed him all 5 times which was frustrating. The entire Darkrai event was just disappointing for me and changed my attitude towards the game.

The reason I got into Go, which you know, was for Meltan. And I had to buy Let's Go basically just for Meltan which I wasn't thrilled with. I guess I will keep playing Go but not like before. I'll basically just stock up for shiny events or the next Meltan type of exclusive. But all that being said I am glad I got Meltan and Melmetal.
You can get Revives in Gifts and raid rewards, but it ultimately comes down to luck.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Just some tips, as you really shouldn't be needing to spend that money. In addition to getting Revives from gifts, you're also more likely to get medicine from spinning gyms than you are from Pokéstops, so focus on those. Also, my guess is that you're loosing so many Pokémon in raids since you're below the level curve. As I've said in the past, when it comes to Raids, you're typically going to be carried by the other players if you're a low level with weaker Pokémon. If you have enough people at the raid, you might want to consider not going back in to the raid after your first team gets knocked out, and just wait in the lobby. It sounds a little jerkish, but since you wouldn't be helping out much anyways, you might as well save yourself the medicine.

Of course, I'm not saying you shouldn't spend money in the game. If you find it worthwhile for your enjoyment, then do it. I've personally just never found that to be the case.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Okay, time for my monthly rant about Research Breakthrough rewards. This month it's Alolan Exeggcutor, which is one again just a regular Pokémon that can be found in the wild. Admittedly, it's little more on the rarer side, as it can't be evolved from Exeggcute, but that alone is not reason to put it as a Research Breakthrough reward. If you're going to do an Alolan Form, at least do Raichu or Marowak to give people who can't Raid a chance to get them. At this point it seems abundantly clear that Niantic have arbitrarily decided that Legendary Pokémon should not be the focus of the Research Breakthrough. The worst part is, it seems like they're under the impression that if they offer a bonus, whether it be candy with Woobat or Stardust with Ferroseed and Exeggcute, we'll be okay with it. It seems like I'm just going to have to accept the fact that I may never have a reason to complete the Research Breakthrough again.

In other news, it seems like Go is trying to make changes to allow us to play from indoors. My initial reaction is that sounds great. I love the idea of not having to leave the house the get the current Legendary Pokémon. That being said, as good as this idea is for the short-term, I'm not sure about the long-term. Is there any going back to the way things were once they implement this? Will people really be willing to go out just to Raid when they had a month or two where they didn't have to leave the house? This is a dangerous path Niantic is going down. I'm interested to see the result.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I think I’m going to be done with Pokémon Go once the connectivity with Home is released. Since the pandemic features are ending October 1st, I won’t really be able to use the game like have been for the past few months.

I rarely stop go out, my phone only uses WiFi, and I live in a town where there aren’t that many gyms, so how else am I supposed to fully utilize Go? Plus I’m extremely annoyed that we have to pay pokécoins to transfer pokémon to Home, especially when transferring to Let’s Go is free.

thekorean

Considering the rate of Covid is going up again they need to reverse the hatch distance normalization.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Considering the rate of Covid is going up again they need to reverse the hatch distance normalization.

Honestly, I don't think the hatch distance reduction (and some of the other "play at home bonuses") were ever technically needed in the first place. In most places around the world, you're still able to go out and take a walk. Maybe you have to wear a mask or make sure you remain away from other people, but the walk itself is not out of the question. In the end, Go was designed to be played while on a walk, so if you can still walk, you can still play the way the game was intended, no bonuses needed.

I'm not saying I didn't appreciate the half distance while walking, but I completely understand why they're removing it, regardless of the rate of cases.

Personally, I'm happy that they're keeping the increased Incense effectiveness working while walking, rather than just reverting it back. It was really nice to be able to consistently find stuff while walking.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Honestly, I don't think the hatch distance reduction (and some of the other "play at home bonuses") were ever technically needed in the first place. In most places around the world, you're still able to go out and take a walk. Maybe you have to wear a mask or make sure you remain away from other people, but the walk itself is not out of the question. In the end, Go was designed to be played while on a walk, so if you can still walk, you can still play the way the game was intended, no bonuses needed.

I'm not saying I didn't appreciate the half distance while walking, but I completely understand why they're removing it, regardless of the rate of cases.

Personally, I'm happy that they're keeping the increased Incense effectiveness working while walking, rather than just reverting it back. It was really nice to be able to consistently find stuff while walking.
But not everyone can walk right now. The pandemic seems to be getting worse with cases continuing to spike and some areas are expected to go through a second wave

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
But not everyone can walk right now. The pandemic seems to be getting worse with cases continuing to spike and some areas are expected to go through a second wave

I specifically said in my original post that "In most places around the world, you're still able to go out and take a walk." Yes, there are still places in the world were it's not even safe to go outside, but that's not the normal. Unless you're in an extreme hotspot for the disease (and even questionably so if you are), you're not going to catch it just by walking outside, especially if you adhere to mask and distancing policies. Just because some people can't walk doesn't mean Niantic should or has to cater to them. It's no different from a localized area experiencing dangerous weather or natural disasters like fires. Yes, in an ideal world Niantic would cater to everyone who can't play for reasons out of their control, but that's not practical and Niantic has to make decisions based on the masses.

Now hang on! I thought Gastly won the spot for October's Community Day, not Charmander.

No, Gastly won the second place spot in the poll against Weedle, we had its Community Day in July, two months ago. Charmander won second place in the poll against Porygon.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I wonder how the Galarian bird will be handled in Go whenever they arrive.

Will they be alternative Pokemon for the three assistants?
Maybe they will go to the TR admin trio for their "darker" appearance.

I would love for them to be incorporated into the teams in some way.