• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Go Discussion

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I wonder how the Galarian bird will be handled in Go whenever they arrive.

Will they be alternative Pokemon for the three assistants?
Maybe they will go to the TR admin trio for their "darker" appearance.

I would love for them to be incorporated into the teams in some way.

Or there's option C, put them in raids three weeks in a row and call it a day, until a year later when they're put back in raids with their Shinies available. I can't put my finger on it, but for some reason, I think that's going to be how it works...

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Or there's option C, put them in raids three weeks in a row and call it a day, until a year later when they're put back in raids with their Shinies available. I can't put my finger on it, but for some reason, I think that's going to be how it works...
I was wondering more about how they would tie to the Go lore, since the original bird trio are the team mascots.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I was wondering more about how they would tie to the Go lore, since the original bird trio are the team mascots.

Yeah I realized that. I just don't have faith in Niantic to do anything with it. They don't seem to care even about their own lore all that much. They haven't even really done anything to connect the original Legendary Birds to the teams beyond them simply being used as mascots.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I'm wondering that, when Kalos arrives, if we're going to get a new Kalos Stone item for some of the evolutions. And if so, who? Besides the obvious Sylveon, of course

quake

I'm wondering that, when Kalos arrives, if we're going to get a new Kalos Stone item for some of the evolutions. And if so, who? Besides the obvious Sylveon, of course
I don't think Sylveon would need the "Kalos Stone". Sylveon is 100% going to be tied to the buddy system. I can see it being get to Ultra Buddy to evolve into Sylveon. Players who want it ASAP would pay for the poffins.

But Aegislash, Slurpuff and Aromatisse will definitely need a Kalos Stone

Bus

I don't think Sylveon would need the "Kalos Stone". Sylveon is 100% going to be tied to the buddy system. I can see it being get to Ultra Buddy to evolve into Sylveon. Players who want it ASAP would pay for the poffins.

But Aegislash, Slurpuff and Aromatisse will definitely need a Kalos Stone
I dunno, I can see it being the Buddy system and a Kalos stone (walk 20 Km then use Item or something) for Sylveon

As for others, maybe not all those guys. I think only the ones who evolved via stone or 'weird' evolution methods like Malamar (turn 3DS upside down) and Pangoro (Level 32 + having a Dark pokemon on team) would require a stone.

Conkeldurr & Gigalith were actually Trade Evolutions, (or 200 candy), so the two Fairies and the two Grass/Ghosts who evolved via trade in game may be the same here as well.

Heliolisk will be Sun Stone.

Florges evolved via Light Stone, so it'll probably be a Kalos stone. Same with Aegislash who evolved via Dusk Stone like Chandelure in Unova.

This was the smallest Gen to date, there may not actually be a whole lot that could benefit from a Kalos Stone. It may end up being something like this:
Kalos Stone - Aegislash, Florges, Malamar, Pangoro
Trade or Absurd amount of Candy - Gourgeist, Trevenant, Slurpuff, Aromatisse
Sun Stone - Heliolisk
Buddy + Candy - Sylveon (or Buddy + Candy + Stone)

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
So with the Halloween event Ghost type encounters go up, right? If so, when?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I got pretty far with the Alolan Meowth event, but I stopped since I don’t have any Nanab berries

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The Galarian Birbs being the Rocket Admin's aces when released is a good theory in my opinion as their characterization is being a lot nastier and more sinister than their Kantonian cousins

With talk about Kalos Pokemon coming in, I'm going to predict that Diancie will be the mission released with it. And one of the requirements is definitely going to be "get x amount of Carbink", along with other Pokemon associated with jewels and Rock + Fairy types. Hoopa might come out as a raid encounter in both regular, then special Unbound Form.

I'm counting that when Manaphy/Shaymin/Arceus and Keldeo/Meloetta is released in a mission, one of the requirements will be "you need a gold medal in the Sinnoh and Unova Dex" respectively

Bus

Feebas is no longer in 10K eggs! Hurray!!!!!!!

quake

"A familiar Pokemon" on November 5th? I wonder who it is. Galarian Ponyta? A Kalos Pokemon? A mythical?
I have a feeling it could be Aeroblast Lugia. That raid day was cancelled so it would be cool if have it happen!

On a side note, the new evolution mechanism for Sir Duck is awesome! I know excellent throws aren't everyone's cup of tea but at least it shows Niantic are trying to follow the new evolutions in Sw/Sh.

thekorean

12 KM eggs seems to be pretty decent. Yea there's Trubbish and Absol in there, but they odds for getting them are not so tilted its frustrating.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I set up an account on my phone ages ago for my nephew to play, and now i've changed my phone it's lost my account and set me up with the alternate :'(

I had so many shinies and they're all gone.

quake

I set up an account on my phone ages ago for my nephew to play, and now i've changed my phone it's lost my account and set me up with the alternate :'(

I had so many shinies and they're all gone.
The account should still be there. Did you create it with Gmail or was it one of the other username and password options?

quake

I have a feeling it could be Aeroblast Lugia. That raid day was cancelled so it would be cool if have it happen!

On a side note, the new evolution mechanism for Sir Duck is awesome! I know excellent throws aren't everyone's cup of tea but at least it shows Niantic are trying to follow the new evolutions in Sw/Sh.

Not going to say I can tell the future but yeah totally saw this coming!

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
The account should still be there. Did you create it with Gmail or was it one of the other username and password options?

I'd had it that long i forgot how i did it originally.

I'll have to try and get it back up and running, i worked hard on it and i'm not going to just lose it all.

quake

Do two community days in November - nice surprise. I am also OK with it being Electabuzz/Electivire and Magmar/Magmortar (I don't have any of those shinies) but I am hoping all the Gen 1 pandering ends soon.

On a side note, I am also going to predict that the Christmas event shiny will be Spheal