• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Go Discussion

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Barely run into Chespins. The only time one showed up close to a stop, I'd use the incense and get.... Nothing.

Froakies might as well just not exist in my game. Niantic really should do something about those rates specially if they are including them on missions.

Fennekin is more or less common. It's still a relative rare spawn but it showed up for me more often than Chespin and Froakie.

quake

Barely run into Chespins. The only time one showed up close to a stop, I'd use the incense and get.... Nothing.

Froakies might as well just not exist in my game. Niantic really should do something about those rates specially if they are including them on missions.

Fennekin is more or less common. It's still a relative rare spawn but it showed up for me more often than Chespin and Froakie.
I have enough candies to make three Delphox and two Chestnaught but haven't seen a single Froakie. Some sites report good spawns for it at 3am but seriously who's awake at that time!

I live in Ireland and it's been raining since the event started but not a single Froakie!

Don't even start on Noibat

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Wait, is there a way to know the time they are supposed to spawn?

Sometimes I wake up as early as 4AM (I'm weird and I'm no ashamed of it) so if it really works, it might be doable.

quake

Wait, is there a way to know the time they are supposed to spawn?

Sometimes I wake up as early as 4AM (I'm weird and I'm no ashamed of it) so if it really works, it might be doable.
Apperently because it evolves into a dark type it has a higher chance at night similar to other dark pokemon or nocturnal pokemon.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I had 40 rare candies saved from raids & the battle league, so I was finally able to get a Chesnaught once I earned 90 Chespin candies. Luckily Chespin has been just as frequent in my area as the common Kalos pokémon like Fletchling & Bunnelby (Fennekin & Froakie not so much -_-)

I’ve also been using a Litleo in the Battle League & I’m surprised at how strong it is. It’s also a funny coincidence since I’m currently replaying Pokémon Y & Litleo is one ofthe aces on my team, so I’m basically treating them as the same pokémon

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Fennekin is the most frequent spawn for me.

Either way, a Froakie spawned randomly today which allowed me to finally finish the missions. Funny thing it happened at the same time the 5KM egg I got hatched into another Froakie lol

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I managed to catch enough Fennekin to evolve one of them into a Braixen, the only problem is that none of them have good IVs -_-

Bus

You guys are able to catch them? It takes like 30 pokeballs to catch a new pokemon for me. I dont know what it is, but every new generation that drops, it feels like their catch rate is abysmal. Did an Excellent Curve Ball throw 3x on a damn Bunnelby before I finally caught it.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Didn't really notice anything unusual about catch rates. The few Chespins and Froakie I run into were caught with non-issue.

Seems like you just got bad RNG. It seems to happen when you basically get a pokémon that's a lost capture no matter how good is your pokéball throw

quake

So found Froakie and caught a Noibat! I have it as my buddy (probably will be for all of 2021 to evolve it) but I nearly missed a second one today because I thought it was my buddy. Worst part is it didn't come up as a mon at that stop! If I wasn't passing I would never have known it was there

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Noibat is the one who's been eluding me. I have yet to see one and the event is almost over.

Akashin

Didn't really notice anything unusual about catch rates. The few Chespins and Froakie I run into were caught with non-issue.

Seems like you just got bad RNG. It seems to happen when you basically get a pokémon that's a lost capture no matter how good is your pokéball throw

I've definitely noticed lower catch rates for the Kalos Pokemon. It's not as noticeable with the starters because they always have relatively low catch rate, but while I'm not having nearly as bad luck as Bus seems to be, it's hard not to notice how unusually difficult the effective Pidgey and Rattata are to catch.

Bus

I was exaggerating a little with my low catch rate lol. it is terrible though. I always feel like it takes a couple months after a new set is released for things to kinda normalize. Funny enough, I catch the Litleo easy enough (already have a male Pyroar); its just the Bunnelby and starters that give me issues. I've only caught like 3 of the regional bird and I honestly forget whether it was a pain as well.

Still have only seen 2 Froakie. Threw a ball at the first one and it shook once then burst out and ran immediately. I was able to catch the second one, but I figured since the stats were low, I'd build up my Pokemon Home Dex and send the three Kalos starters there.

If its true we're getting another mainline (possibly remaster) Pokemon game this year, I figure building up the pokemon I've got in home now will help me get a full dex quicker when it releases.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I have a living dex on gen 7 so I'm at ease with the dex. I'm just too lazy and cheap to pay for the premium plan that unlocks pokébank.

On another note, I've been quite lucky with Fennekins to the point I have enough candies to evolve it all the way to Delphox. Not going to now though.

Also, I must to say, Chespin's model in the walking bit are beautiful. As a fan I love seeing my boy walking around running. I love how he does a Saint Seiya's style V-dash *-*

Bus

I'm kinda surprised at the amount of Fennekin I see as well. Usually its the Fire starter that takes me the longest to evolve since I see so few of them and I'm overloaded with Grass & Water types. Now the Fire types are abundant, the Grass is....the same really...and the Water types are near-nonexistent.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Does anyone know if I change a shadow pokemon's charged move from frustration during the special time frame, and then I evolve it, will the charged attack stay or will it change? Or will it go back to frustration? Should I evolve my pokemon before doing the move change for the shadow pokemon?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I'm kinda surprised at the amount of Fennekin I see as well. Usually its the Fire starter that takes me the longest to evolve since I see so few of them and I'm overloaded with Grass & Water types. Now the Fire types are abundant, the Grass is....the same really...and the Water types are near-nonexistent.

I'm starting to think it's intentional given how popular Greninja is.

thekorean

Would anyone else prefer that it takes more Mysterious Components to complete Rocket Detector but you can pile them on regardless of already possessing a Rocket Detector?

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y

Kalos Starters have been extremely rare for me. The only one I've caught so far is Chespin.