• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Go Discussion

Bus

Don't ask me how, but I managed to get Chesnaught. All Fennekin and Froakie have disappeared. I hate when they introduce these 'increased spawns!' events; its always garbage. Like, we're trying to get the Kalos Pokemon and you thought it'd be cool to limit the spawns to Weedle, Piplup, Magikarp, and Rhyhorn and only them? WHY?!

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Had some very good luck in Go. Caught a shiny Abra, Electabuzz, Gastly, Porygon, Magikarp and Bronzor.

Also, I participated in my first remote raid. It was for a 3 star Hariyama. Was able to solo it and caught it.

Phillies

Is there anything special you have to do to get Jessie and James to appear in their balloon? All I have found in the last 2 days is regular grunts and Sierra once.

Also did they up spawn rates or something. Today I started getting spawns at my house when before I have never gotten anything unless I put out and incense. I am getting as many spawns as I normally would get at a Pokestop.

Akashin

Is there anything special you have to do to get Jessie and James to appear in their balloon? All I have found in the last 2 days is regular grunts and Sierra once.

Also did they up spawn rates or something. Today I started getting spawns at my house when before I have never gotten anything unless I put out and incense. I am getting as many spawns as I normally would get at a Pokestop.

I found my first J&J balloon earlier this evening, and I didn't do anything special to get it to appear (I was assuming I would have to clear through my Rocket Radars to get Admins off my back).

I wasn't especially thrilled with this event, though. For an event that asks for Grass captures and evolutions, there sure were a lot of Dwebble, Roggenrola and Caterpie kicking around.

Phillies

I wasn't especially thrilled with this event, though. For an event that asks for Grass captures and evolutions, there sure were a lot of Dwebble, Roggenrola and Caterpie kicking around.

I thought that those 3 pokemon were heavily featured because they are in the new movie which this event is supposed to be promoting.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Don't ask me how, but I managed to get Chesnaught. All Fennekin and Froakie have disappeared. I hate when they introduce these 'increased spawns!' events; its always garbage. Like, we're trying to get the Kalos Pokemon and you thought it'd be cool to limit the spawns to Weedle, Piplup, Magikarp, and Rhyhorn and only them? WHY?!

Those Pokemon you mentioned in the latter was because it was a Community Day weekend featuring Pokemon from various CDs in 2019/2020.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Same here. I've just gotten their balloon once and that's before the mission where you have to beat them 4 times (which I assume is 2 balloon spawns).

How long will they stay?

EDIT: just because I complained they showed up today at noon Now only one more mission.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Jessie and James showed up out of the blue where I'm at today. Caught shadow Scyther but wasn't able to catch shadow Pinsir. Both Jessie and James were fun to fight though. :p Was able to defeat them both.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
For the second time, beating James had me end up with a shiny Pinsir.

It'll be good trade fodder.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I became best buddies with my Litleo a while ago & now I want to switch it out with another pokémon to bond with them. However,

I’m not sure if I’ll lose any of the benefits if I ever decide to make Litleo my buddy again.
I know I’ll lose the CP boost, but will it still keep the ribbon &, if I decide to make it my buddy again, will it still have features like gifts or catch assist?

Bus

I've almost gotten enough candy to get a second Delphox. Still only have a Froakier.

BR4VE

Omega Ruby Base on Route 118, Right Side Beach
Anybody else sometimes unable to load the Pokemon Go App, or unable to authenticate the login? For example, I used the app earlier on today "using WiFi", and the WiFi is a better connection then my phones mobile data internet. Later in the day, and still using the WiFi, I click to use the Pokemon Go app, and I get a unable to login error. So I cancel out of loading the game and, I try to log in again. After, inserting the correct username, and password for Pokemon Go, I get the unable to authenticate username, and password. This happens often, and randomly, (like, poof) I can log in some other time. Anyone have any solutions, to prevent this from consistently happening, or is this a common thing for Pokemon Go? Data, or WiFi, the point of this inquiry is about not being able to login, and unable to authenticate username/password, but later on at some random point, it can login, and authenticate the username, and password, using the same WiFi, or data.

BR4VE

Omega Ruby Base on Route 118, Right Side Beach
Had some very good luck in Go. Caught a shiny Abra, Electabuzz, Gastly, Porygon, Magikarp and Bronzor.

Also, I participated in my first remote raid. It was for a 3 star Hariyama. Was able to solo it and caught it.
I apparently caught a 0* shiny Piplup, I almost transferred it, too, but a message popped up not allowing me to transfer the shiny among several others, I was trying to transfer. Have you caught any shiny Pokemon with decent/great stats?

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I apparently caught a 0* shiny Piplup, I almost transferred it, too. Good thing a message popped up, not allowing me to transfer the shiny among several others, I was tryng to transfer. Have you caught any shiny Pokemon with decent stats?
Sometimes, but more often than not, no.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I apparently caught a 0* shiny Piplup, I almost transferred it, too, but a message popped up not allowing me to transfer the shiny among several others, I was trying to transfer. Have you caught any shiny Pokemon with decent/great stats?

I have gotten great stats on my shiny Bonsly, Medicham, Alolan Persian and Nidoran M. The others I have all range from 1 star to 0 (looking at you, my shiny Watchog).

Golden_Arcanine

The Hoenn event has been tremendous for me. Managed to get 3 (yes, 3) shiny Kyogre's in 18 raids. And I also managed to get a 100% Kyogre in there as well. But it took me 31 raids to get a shiny Groudon but I also managed to get a 100% Groudon as well. Done with this event, and don't have a whole lot interest in the Johto event.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Thank God for the Mareep event. I couldn’t find a Plusle, Minun, or Bagon all week but thanks to this I was finally able to get the Hoenn medal