• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Go Discussion

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I had a lot of luck recently in Go. Got a shiny Machop, a shiny Mareep and some other Pokemon.

Bus

Managed to catch a perfect Fennekin yesterday. I'm only a few candies away from having it evolve fully for my second one.

Still stuck on Frogadier.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I caught all of the Hoenn starters over the weekend along with Snorlax. I also sent a few over to Home. I am still not a huge fan of the game myself but I will occasionally open it up and catch Pokémon.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
I GOT A SHINY TRAPINCH THE OTHER DAY
it was female but i don’t mind t h a t much

background: i traded a shiny flygon in ultra sun three years ago for a shiny STARYU. I was a complete idiot.

but now i have one. I’m naming it Victoria and quickly transferring it to Sword.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
So I did two Groudon raids the other night and scored two back to back shiny Groudons! I also caught my Rayquaza. He wasn't shiny, but I have him for my Pokedex now, so it's all good.

Today I caught a shiny Illumise in a random encounter.

Phillies

I managed to catch 2 shiny Cubchoo, a shiny Eevee & and a shiny Makuhita in about 2 hours after work today.

Edited to add that I just hatched an shiny 3 star Alolan Grimer.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I managed to get 2 shiny Sneael from the timed research event: one that I transferred to my Sword team & one that I made my new buddy in Go.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Today is pretty good in terms of finds. Started off by catching a Shiny Tentacool, then Two Shiny Sneasel. Evolved one of the Sneasel to Weavile and plan on trading both other to Home for their Shiny dex entries.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Man, I was a Smeargle away from getting the completion medal for Johto, but the game decided to crap out on me twice when I got Smeargle to photobomb, but it wouldn't appear in the overworld. Now the event has expired, even though I would have been able to do it if Go worked properly.

Bus

Got 3 shiny Scyther in a row from Jesse. Now James finally decided to contribute and I got a Shiny Pinsir.
The Sneasel event also got me a 3star Shiny Sneasel, so ow I've got me a bright & shiny Weavile.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
After a long time, finally got a female shiny Shinx.

I'll probably stay hunting so I can get at least 2-3 more but I'm glad finally getting one on PoGo

Teravolt

Trying to fight Arlo so I can get Earthquake Ho-Oh. Getting Cliff instead, even though I beat him YESTERDAY. i must keep going

Bus

I know some people are VERY against this line of thinking, but....

Lunar New Year event is currently going on in Pokemon Go and one of the first requests was to Catch 7 Fire pokemon....and the Fire Starters have increased appearance rate.

........Kinda seems like points in favor of the 'Fire Starters based on Chinese Zodiac' theory.........

Teravolt

Lunar New Year event is currently going on in Pokemon Go and one of the first requests was to Catch 7 Fire pokemon....and the Fire Starters have increased appearance rate.

........Kinda seems like points in favor of the 'Fire Starters based on Chinese Zodiac' theory.........
That’s not theory, that’s fact.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist

I would bet it wasn't meant to be like that, but the directors are probably taking it into account now or at least accepting that the pattern exists since so many fans love that theory. Imo, seems to be newer fans who mostly like that theory, but I always thought it restricted pokemon creativity by only having a small pool of animals that the fire starter can be based on, so i've always thought it was dumb.

Bus

I would bet it wasn't meant to be like that, but the directors are probably taking it into account now or at least accepting that the pattern exists since so many fans love that theory. Imo, seems to be newer fans who mostly like that theory, but I always thought it restricted pokemon creativity by only having a small pool of animals that the fire starter can be based on, so i've always thought it was dumb.
I've always actually liked the idea (been playing since Red Version). It may be a little restrictive, but the creatures of the zodiac all kinda lend themselves to good Fire type designs.

I mean, I'd love for the next starter to be a Fire Ox.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Got to take part in a Latias raid recently with two other people. We worked hard, bit Latias was just too much for us.

Teravolt

Man, it seems no one else in my neighborhood wants to help me with those 3 and 5 star Raid Battles, what's up with that?
I can help! I posted my friend code in the Go Friends thread. I have 4 remote raid passes to use up.