• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Go Discussion

Pokemon Power

I can help! I posted my friend code in the Go Friends thread. I have 4 remote raid passes to use up.
Too late, besides I was able to win some with help from a friend. Anyways, the challenge is over and ultimately, I was able to catch 132 out of the 151. The ones I didn't catch were Farfetch'd, Marowak, Kangaskhan, Lapras, Ditto, Articuno, Zapdos, Mew and all the Green exclusives. (I couldn't trade because all my Go friends are far away.).

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I made out pretty good during the Kanto event. I got a Kangaskhan & a Mr. Mime through raids, I caught several shinies (Ekans, 2x Growlithe, Lickitung, Machamp), earned several medals, & thanks to the Cerulean spawns I finally got a Poliwrath & obtained every Gen 1 pokémon

PokeAmi

I only miss the legendary birds to fulfill the Kanto Dex. I got Zapdos and Articuno today and 2 Mewtwos. I used my last remote raid pass on a Moltres. We beat it and I had thrown a few balls at it and then my screen froze. I just had to exit and the last mon for the dex is gone :(

Why does this happens T.T

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Finally moved up to level 33. It seemed like I'd never get out of level 32 lol.

PokeAmi

Phew! got the Moltres in the end. Complete Kanto Dex! :D

And apparently I can't read because I thought everyone would have access to the Master Research with the Shiny Mew, but noticed now that it is for tickets holders only it seems for GOtour...Hope it will be available later for everybody T.T

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Story of my life...

ed579b99d143d6be9919b80f36d865ce8bc741c2.jpg

:(

Update: faced off against a Mewtwo again, this time with another person... it didn't make much more of a difference.

Last edited:

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
I think I was attacked by my Mewtwo today. I beat Giovani yesterday and caught Shadow Mewtwo. I set it as my buddy so that I could get candy for walking with it; since I need a crap ton to purify it. I gave it some berries then pet it once and it was happy. I pet it again and it lunged forward and my screen went out of focus and I got the message 'you're too close, take a step back so you can see your Pokemon.' or something like that. If it actually did attack, I think that's a really neat touch that Niantic threw in for unpurified mons. It's not really tame, even if it 'seems' happy for the moment.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
And speak of the devil, I renewed my in game stamps and was rewarded with a... Snorlax. :mad:

Such a waste. It was supposed to be something else now.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The current event kind of sucks. They ask 9 curve balls in a row for pitiful rewards.

The eletric type one was at least useful because I've managed to get my second female shiny Shinx (and third of the species overall).

This one? It's pathetic.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
The current event kind of sucks. They ask 9 curve balls in a row for pitiful rewards.

The eletric type one was at least useful because I've managed to get my second female shiny Shinx (and third of the species overall).

This one? It's pathetic.
I never got a Shinx during the electric week. Are rewards different in different countries?

Teravolt

So I FINALLY got a Mew of my own today! I wanna transfer it to Sword, but I also want to keep it in Go in case there’s another Shiny Mew event.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I never got a Shinx during the electric week. Are rewards different in different countries?

I got Shinx by taking part in raids. As the 3 I had were obtained that way. The only thing the week helped with is making raids of it more likely.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Anyone noticing a glitch where you use a lucky egg and then do the best friends thing and then the exp just doesn’t come for a day or two and then you can’t use a lucky egg in time?

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I can't believe I used all of my Great Balls and Ultra Balls trying to catch a CP1100 Cherrim, only for it to eventually go into a standard Poke Ball. Still, I have a strong Grass-type for use in Gyms now. Most of my really strong Pokemon are either Normal or Fighting-type, so it's good to have something different.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I can't believe I used all of my Great Balls and Ultra Balls trying to catch a CP1100 Cherrim, only for it to eventually go into a standard Poke Ball. Still, I have a strong Grass-type for use in Gyms now. Most of my really strong Pokemon are either Normal or Fighting-type, so it's good to have something different.

Cherrim is like, the worst nightmare when it comes to catch rates in GO. You literally have to have a crap ton of Ultra Balls and Gold Razz Berries just to even have a chance to catch it.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Cherrim is like, the worst nightmare when it comes to catch rates in GO. You literally have to have a crap ton of Ultra Balls and Gold Razz Berries just to even have a chance to catch it.
I've seen both forms of Cherrim a couple of times, but oddly I have yet to find Cherubi anywhere.

I've been playing the game for just over a week now, I'm almost at level 24 and my Pokedex is at 165 Pokemon. A few things of note:
> My main focus right now is the Mythical Encounter quest where you can catch Mew. I'm up to step 5 of 8, so half way there, but one of the requirements for step 5 is to catch a Ditto, which I've seen none of so far (are they rare, or am I just unlucky?)
> I'm hesitent to tackle any Raids higher than one star, because most of the time with Raids there aren't enough players around so I have to tackle them solo, which doesn't usually go well. I've had more luck in Gyms, so I do a lot of those.
> A Gift that I received from another player contained a 7KM egg, the ones that hatch into regional variants, and it hatched into a Galar Zigzagoon today. There are no Zigzagoons in my area, so I might have it as my Buddy for a while, because it's only seven Candies away from being able to evolve into Linoone.
> I remember reading that Seviper only spawns in the Americas and Africa, but they're a common sight where I am, in England.
> The group of high CP Pokemon I use the most for Gyms and Raids are Aggron, Pyroar, Swellow, Cherrim, Hitmonchan, Hariyama, Electabuzz and Magmar. I also want a strong Water-type, I'm on the lookout for Totodiles, Froakies, Claunchers and Skrelps to farm Candy. I'm also hoping to get a Sinnoh Stone soon so I can evolve Electabuzz or Magmar.
> I've been enjoying this new Sustainability event, most of the special research earns you Pokemon encounters, and these encounters have included lots of Pokemon I've never seen in the game before, like Oddish, Bellsprout and Goldeen.
> I still haven't encountered Team Go Rocket or any Shadow Pokemon yet, which does annoy me because a lot of the special research tasks I have include battling the Team Rocket Grunts.

Teravolt

I've seen both forms of Cherrim a couple of times, but oddly I have yet to find Cherubi anywhere.

I've been playing the game for just over a week now, I'm almost at level 24 and my Pokedex is at 165 Pokemon. A few things of note:
> My main focus right now is the Mythical Encounter quest where you can catch Mew. I'm up to step 5 of 8, so half way there, but one of the requirements for step 5 is to catch a Ditto, which I've seen none of so far (are they rare, or am I just unlucky?)
> I'm hesitent to tackle any Raids higher than one star, because most of the time with Raids there aren't enough players around so I have to tackle them solo, which doesn't usually go well. I've had more luck in Gyms, so I do a lot of those.
> A Gift that I received from another player contained a 7KM egg, the ones that hatch into regional variants, and it hatched into a Galar Zigzagoon today. There are no Zigzagoons in my area, so I might have it as my Buddy for a while, because it's only seven Candies away from being able to evolve into Linoone.
> I remember reading that Seviper only spawns in the Americas and Africa, but they're a common sight where I am, in England.
> The group of high CP Pokemon I use the most for Gyms and Raids are Aggron, Pyroar, Swellow, Cherrim, Hitmonchan, Hariyama, Electabuzz and Magmar. I also want a strong Water-type, I'm on the lookout for Totodiles, Froakies, Claunchers and Skrelps to farm Candy. I'm also hoping to get a Sinnoh Stone soon so I can evolve Electabuzz or Magmar.
> I've been enjoying this new Sustainability event, most of the special research earns you Pokemon encounters, and these encounters have included lots of Pokemon I've never seen in the game before, like Oddish, Bellsprout and Goldeen.
> I still haven't encountered Team Go Rocket or any Shadow Pokemon yet, which does annoy me because a lot of the special research tasks I have include battling the Team Rocket Grunts.
here’s a guide for which mons can be Ditto

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I just discovered the PokemonGoRaids group on Reddit. It really comes in handy for legendary raids since whenever they're in my area no one is either available or willing to join, and I managed to get 3 Xerneas because of it. However, the thread is one deep rabbit hole that sucks you in to go on raids over & over again. ( .___. )

I don't even want to say how many hours I spent last night waiting for raids to pop up on the group, sending friend requests to people, & jumping into battles, only to drop "friends" if nothing happened. I'm still a little ashamed because of it.

While the group is good for people like me who can't find anyone to join in local raids, it's basically like fast food & you need to work on handling it in moderation

Last edited:

WalesNote

Really wished the series would use the stat mechanics from the main games. Just a thought.
And maybe your pokemon gain exp with each step you take. There's an idea.