• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Go Discussion

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
What counts as a snapshot for the Go Fest event? I took several pictures of wild pokemon and one of mine, but none of them counted

Nyter

Island Challenger
What counts as a snapshot for the Go Fest event? I took several pictures of wild pokemon and one of mine, but none of them counted
Yeah it has to be the buddy Pokemon you are with. You can take 2 pics with it and that counts.

Today is Bonkers. I have caught so many Legendaries. And I completed all 4 Collection Challenges. I don't have the storage to fit all that in and I don't want to claim all those rewards because it will put a stop to my pokespot spinning. Do those go away after away if I don't claim them or will they stay there until I do?

Pokemon Power

Well, I went though the first loop and caught tons of legends including a few shinies. The only ones I wasn't able to catch were Raikou, Latias, Zekrom, Kyurem and Yveltal.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
So today, I got 4 (4!) Palkias, a Suicune, a shiny Ho-Oh, Meloetta, 2 shiny Roggenrola, and a shiny cap Pikachu which I don’t know what to do with, since it can’t evolve and I can’t transfer it to my Switch.

Nyter

Island Challenger
So today, I got 4 (4!) Palkias, a Suicune, a shiny Ho-Oh, Meloetta, 2 shiny Roggenrola, and a shiny cap Pikachu which I don’t know what to do with, since it can’t evolve and I can’t transfer it to my Switch.
Hey Teravolt. I think we were in a raid or two together.

Yeah today and yesterday was a blast. I have so many items I cannot fit anywhere rn. I got a lot of Legendaries myself. It was helpful they were doing those tasks that gave another remote raid pass everytime one was completed.

I got a shiny Mewtwo yesterday. And today I got a shiny Cobalion.

As for legendaries... I am convinced the catch rates were raised up and critical catches were boosted up because I was easily catching Legendaries after winning raids. I caught a Lugia with a Nice Curveball Throw with a Golden Berry and I caught a Suicine on a Great curveball throw with Golden Berry. Usually legendaries only get caught on an Excellent Curveball throw with a Golden Berry for me and nothing else

So the following were the Legendaries I caught:
- Suicune
- Cobalion
- Registeel
- Lugia
- Mewtwo
- Xerneas
- Zekrom
- Reshiram
- Therian Landorus
- Giratina
- Latios

I was satisfied with this year's Go Fest.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The Go Fest for the legendaries was exhausting. It went on for more than 8 hours because of my invites. Along with the Saturday Go event, I managed to reach Lv 40. I currently have these legendaries(bold for "obtained with the Go Fest event") and mythicals
  • Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Mew
  • Suicune, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi
  • Regice, Registeel, Latios, Jirachi, Deoxys
  • Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Cresselia, Heatran, Regigigas
  • Victini, Terrakion, Virizion, Zekrom, Reshiram, Kyurem, Tornadus, Landorus, Meloetta
  • Xerneas

Nyter

Island Challenger
The Go Fest for the legendaries was exhausting. It went on for more than 8 hours because of my invites. Along with the Saturday Go event, I managed to reach Lv 40. I currently have these legendaries(bold for "obtained with the Go Fest event") and mythicals
  • Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Mew
  • Suicune, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi
  • Regice, Registeel, Latios, Jirachi, Deoxys
  • Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Cresselia, Heatran, Regigigas
  • Victini, Terrakion, Virizion, Zekrom, Reshiram, Kyurem, Tornadus, Landorus, Meloetta
  • Xerneas
Dang!!! You put in the work!!!
That's is very impressive. And yeah I was getting invited left and right as well. The Pokemon Community came together today for sure.

I'm so mad though. I had no idea the rewards I won by accomplishing the collection challenges HAD to be claimed before the challenge overall was over. I thought they would stay there until I claimed them. I claimed none of them at all and lost all that.

But, and this is my first Go Fest I attended... the vocals and melody on the night time music for Pokemon Go right now are beautiful. I need to DL it because I can so vibe to it. Is this new from this year or was it also done previously?

Pokemon Power

I'm just lucky there were a lot of fellow players at my local mall. Managed to get a whole bunch of legends in Go for the first time through this event. I only focused on the ones I didn't catch beforehand of course. Still haven't caught at least eight legendaries from Generations 2 through 6. Wonder how long it will be until they add Zygarde to Go.

Nyter

Island Challenger
I'm just lucky there were a lot of fellow players at my local mall. Managed to get a whole bunch of legends in Go for the first time through this event. I only focused on the ones I didn't catch beforehand of course. Still haven't caught at least eight legendaries from Generations 2 through 6. Wonder how long it will be until they add Zygarde to Go.
Haha I did the same thing due to the fact that I just started Go last year.

I demand to know who are on the vocals for the night time overworld music right now during this Go Fest period. The melody and vocals are so drawing!

Bus

I was on vacation and couldn't take advantage of Go Fest as much as I would have liked, but on the final day, I managed to snag a few good ones.
Shiny Squirtle (to FINALLY replace the damn Shiny Squirtle with a Tophat that I couldnt send to Pokemon Home)
Shiny Aron
Lugia
Dialga (my favorite Legendary Pokemon!)

And, luckiest of all, I got one 5K egg from an airport in Austria I was at briefly and managed to get a Mime Jr, which isn't normally available to me in the US.

Monox D. I-Fly

I was on vacation and couldn't take advantage of Go Fest as much as I would have liked, but on the final day, I managed to snag a few good ones.
Shiny Squirtle (to FINALLY replace the damn Shiny Squirtle with a Tophat that I couldnt send to Pokemon Home)
There was a Squirtle? Damn, I missed it. Amongst the 3 original starters, Squirtle is the hardest to find.

Bus

There was a Squirtle? Damn, I missed it. Amongst the 3 original starters, Squirtle is the hardest to find.
Might've just been because I was in Cyprus at the time waiting on my flight home. I had managed to catch a few things to available in the US there and a few things in Austria. I hadn't known about it prior and didn't look into what was appearing where. I just saw fireworks in-game and realized what was going on and did my best to take advantage while I could lol.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Wait, wait... Gen VII and Gen VIII--at the same time? (For a hot minute I thought they were skipping Gen VII in lieu of today's news...)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
As excited as I am for Gen 8 pokémon coming to Go, I can’t help but feel this is Niantic’s way to get people to either ignore or forget about the COVID features being removed

Nyter

Island Challenger
Wait, wait... Gen VII and Gen VIII--at the same time? (For a hot minute I thought they were skipping Gen VII in lieu of today's news...)
No... Gen VIII only... and just Wooloo, Skwovet, Falinks, and the 2 legends really.

They just skipped over Alola like nada... or most of Kalos really.

I do not understand the ways of the Pokemon Go production development but... I am kinda excited to see some gen 8 Pkmn. This is all part of Ultra Unlock 3...

Also the Legends seem to be without the Shield or Sword.

Pokemon Power

No... Gen VIII only... and just Wooloo, Skwovet, Falinks, and the 2 legends really.

They just skipped over Alola like nada... or most of Kalos really.

I do not understand the ways of the Pokemon Go production development but... I am kinda excited to see some gen 8 Pkmn. This is all part of Ultra Unlock 3...

Also the Legends seem to be without the Shield or Sword.
The cross-gen evolutions of the Galarian forms, I can understand. But releasing the Wooloo and Skwovet families, Falinks, and the legendary Zacian and Zamazenta before the Gen. 7 Pokemon, I can't help but wonder why.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
The cross-gen evolutions of the Galarian forms, I can understand. But releasing the Wooloo and Skwovet families, Falinks, and the legendary Zacian and Zamazenta before the Gen. 7 Pokemon, I can't help but wonder why.
I’m guessing they released Wooloo, Skwovet, & Falinks since they’re popular Gen 8 pokémon from a non-competitive perspective (the latter two more-so in Japan). At the very least, I remember how popular Wooloo was internationally when it was first revealed