• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Go Discussion

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Something I noticed during the GO Fest is one of the cities where people were participating is Ashgabat. Kind of surprising; Turkmenistan is a dictatorship and one of the most isolated/sheltered countries on the planet. So I'm surprised they have Pokemon GO and spots available there

Pokemon Power

Well, we are at the sixth anniversary month, and so far there are 752 species of Pokemon in Go, with a couple more being added in the near future. Which Pokemon do you guys think will be added before the seventh anniversary? Me, I think it's high time for Niantic to finally put Kecleon in the game, plus I think we'll see the rest of the original Ultra Beasts, and some more evolutionary families from Generations 6 and 7, plus maybe a bunch more Gen. 8 Pokemon, including the Galar starters, and some additional Hisuian forms and their exclusive evolutions. And maybe if Scarlet and Violet have new regional forms, we'll see some of those too.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Well, we are at the sixth anniversary month, and so far there are 752 species of Pokemon in Go, with a couple more being added in the near future. Which Pokemon do you guys think will be added before the seventh anniversary? Me, I think it's high time for Niantic to finally put Kecleon in the game, plus I think we'll see the rest of the original Ultra Beasts, and some more evolutionary families from Generations 6 and 7, plus maybe a bunch more Gen. 8 Pokemon, including the Galar starters, and some additional Hisuian forms and their exclusive evolutions. And maybe if Scarlet and Violet have new regional forms, we'll see some of those too.
Kecleon would be a nice final gift for the anniversary as it would make completing the Hoenn Dex finally possible. I can see shortly after Scarlet and Violet coming out they release the starters and a few introductory Pokemon, possibly the box legendaries too, like what they've done so far with Gen 8

If they introduce more Hisui forms they should probably release the Zorua line first

Pokemon Power

Kecleon would be a nice final gift for the anniversary as it would make completing the Hoenn Dex finally possible. I can see shortly after Scarlet and Violet coming out they release the starters and a few introductory Pokemon, possibly the box legendaries too, like what they've done so far with Gen 8

If they introduce more Hisui forms they should probably release the Zorua line first
Bit of a follow-up.
Judging from this artwork, it looks like we'll be getting the Scatterbug family, the Grubbin family, Dusk Form Lycanroc, Mimikyu, Turtonator, the Cosmog family, and maybe Hisuian Typhlosion, Samurott and Decidueye.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Out of all the 7km eggs that hatched Hisuian forms, I've gotten 1 Qwilfish, 1 Sneasel, a good number of Growlithe, and lots of Voltorb.

The H. Qwilfish I have has 5 raids done with it, so 5 more and I can evolve it.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I just made Scizor my buddy again. Will I be able to get mega energy by walking with it now or will that only happen when I mega evolve it once?

Diarkia124

Got really lucky with the daily incense and encountered both Zapdos and Moltres. Even caught Moltres and am now having him as my buddy to show off.

Pokemon Power

Glad to have Professor Willow back, and it looks like his time in Ultra Space gave him an Ultra makeover. He says he felt the protective presence of something that was warm like the sun and calm like the moon, sounds to me like the legendary Cosmog family is up next.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Glad to have Professor Willow back, and it looks like his time in Ultra Space gave him an Ultra makeover. He says he felt the protective presence of something that was warm like the sun and calm like the moon, sounds to me like the legendary Cosmog family is up next.
I’m just hoping that Cosmog won’t need an ungodly amount of candy in order to evolve

Golden_Arcanine

I’m just hoping that Cosmog won’t need an ungodly amount of candy in order to evolve
My guess is 50/200. But we will probably have research that will help get it there.

Pokemon Power

If this is their idea of ending a year's worth of events related to Generation 7 and the Alola region, then it sounds like the finale's gonna be awesome.

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
For the current challenge that requires catching/evolving a bunch of Fighting types, apparently hatching a Galarian Farfetch'd from a 7km egg doesn't count. .-.

Vindicated30.6

Yeah finally took care of that. Also, shiny Mankey! Can't wait until it can move to SV and become an Annihilape (sp?)

Pokemon Power

We're nearing the end of the year, and after counting I've found that there are currently 780 species of Pokemon in the game. The ones that are still missing from generations three through seven are Kecleon, the Larvesta family, the Skiddo family, the Honedge family, Hawlucha, Carbink, Cutiefly family, Wishiwashi, Mudbray family, Bounsweet family, Passimian, Sandygast family, Pyukumuku, Minior, Komala, Turtonator, Mimikyu, Bruxish, Drampa, Dhelmise, Poipole family, Stakataka and Blacephalon, as well as the legendary Zygarde, Type: Null family and Necrozma, and the mythical Phione, Manaphy, Arceus, Diancie, Volcanion, Magearna, Marshadow and Zeraora. I'm willing to bet that Kecleon will finally pop up during the Hoenn tour event, and another mythical will be added around the seventh anniversary celebration, along with some more Gen. 8 Pokemon. And in terms of Gen. 9 representation, I think will get Paldean Tauros and Wooper, along with some cross-gen evolutions and maybe the Gimmighoul family. Who do you guys think will be added in 2023?

ShinyNoob

how easy are shinies in this game? I've seen a few people get a bunch of legendaries shiny from Go but i don't know how they are getting it

Phillies

how easy are shinies in this game? I've seen a few people get a bunch of legendaries shiny from Go but i don't know how they are getting it
I think it depends on your account. My account gives me a ton of shinies but I have a co-worker who doesn't ever get any. Its so bad for him that he's almost quit playing multiple times.

ShinyNoob

I think it depends on your account. My account gives me a ton of shinies but I have a co-worker who doesn't ever get any. Its so bad for him that he's almost quit playing multiple times.
Im tempted to restart it but im so under levelled that i wont be able to catch anything let alone a shiny lol., I have seen people catch Chespin and the starters which would be pretty cool

Vindicated30.6

Sometimes it's just dumb luck. I normally have terrible shiny luck but I got three this morning on the bus to church. Bunnelby, Bronzor and Galarian Darumaka.

ShinyNoob

Sometimes it's just dumb luck. I normally have terrible shiny luck but I got three this morning on the bus to church. Bunnelby, Bronzor and Galarian Darumaka.
Oo Darumaka nice.

How does it appear, does it show in the overworld and is it boosted by like shiny charm or something.

I just got my first charm in PLA/SV so dont really want to grind for another one, but if its a light/casual shiny exp in GO i might give it a try