• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Go Discussion

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
There's no shiny charm in Go. You don't know if it's shiny until you enter an encounter with it.

Rune Knight

Hope that Relicanth becomes available worldwide within the egg-pool during the course of the Hoenn Tour. It's the only Hoenn-mon that I am missing.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I've still not been able to encounter Kecleon on any Pokestops. Was it just an exclusive appearance for right after the Community Day or have people found it afterwards and I'm just missing the tell signs?

Ghost94

Just a quick tip to those working on the shiny Jirachi special research(wish granted). When you get to the second page of the research you will have to become best buddies with 10 Pokémon. This may take awhile if you haven’t already got it done. So when battling with your buddy to get hearts, battle against the team leaders and immediately surrender. It will yield you the hearts and doesn’t require you to have to fight the whole battle every time.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I have already done so in an attempt to get that platinum friends medal, though my interests with partners has moved elsewhere.

Does anyone have a problem where whenever they go to the transfer to HOME option it just vanishes?

Vindicated30.6

Complete shot in the dark question. Mega Scizor is currently in raids. If I have an incomplete research task "evolve a Scyther," and catch Mega Scizor (or Sunday's Kleavor), would that count? Guessing no, but had to ask, in case anyone could answer.

DrLabarith

Help
I tried to get on earlier today and it keeps bringing me to a blue screen with "Pokemon Go is down for maintenance"; but my family can log in normally!

I tried logging out and logging back in & reinstalling the application. I filled out Niantic's form, but they just sent me an auto reply linking back to the same webpage

Vindicated30.6

Phillies

Help
I tried to get on earlier today and it keeps bringing me to a blue screen with "Pokemon Go is down for maintenance"; but my family can log in normally!

I tried logging out and logging back in & reinstalling the application. I filled out Niantic's form, but they just sent me an auto reply linking back to the same webpage
This has happened to me a few times. In my case all I have to do is close the app and wait a few minutes to reopen it and then it works like normal. I found this happens a lot when switching between 2 different accounts on the same device.

Vindicated30.6

One of my friends hatched a Galarian Stunfisk a couple days ago. I told him that one always looks like a flipflop to me because of the pattern on top. He asked "so it's super effective on Bug types?" :D

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I really wish they would fix the Campfire map so we could rotate it. I prefer positioning my avatar so the road is running top to bottom of the screen, but the map only runs right to left. I've pretty much given up trying to use it to find the nearest pokestops and gyms because I can't rotate it to match the direction my avatar is moving. It would really help because I'm having difficulty fulfilling the Dark Flames goal of purifying a shadow dark type, as my work schedule doesn't allow me enough time to hunt down spots that Team Rocket has taken over. and I'd like to be able to find more pokestops than the 4-10 I come across depending on what day of the week I can visit those stops (work day vs. day off).

Vindicated30.6

I wish they would implement longer distance trading. One of the first tasks for the shiny Mew Masterwork research is a platinum Kanto Dex and Kanto has a lot of species that are only available in certain parts of the world (like Tauros, Kangashkan, Farfetch'd, etc.)

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I wish they would implement longer distance trading. One of the first tasks for the shiny Mew Masterwork research is a platinum Kanto Dex and Kanto has a lot of species that are only available in certain parts of the world (like Tauros, Kangashkan, Farfetch'd, etc.)

They're not going to do that. That would defeat the point of regionals. Luckily, the Kanto regionals have been out for quite a while. You can get Farfetch'd as a Dex Entry through Galarian Farfetch'd which rotates into research or eggs sometimes.

Kangaskhan had a worldwide spawn event a few years back. Senior players in your community will probably still have leftovers.

Mr.Mime and Tauros have been in eggs globally (along with Kangaskhan and Farfetch'd).

It shouldn't be too hard to get them honestly.

Unlike stuff like Sigilyph and Bouffalant.. -.-

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Unlike stuff like Sigilyph and Bouffalant.. -.-
Pretty much the only hope most of us have for them is the eventual Unova-themed Go Fest. Sigilyph at least has a few countries (Egypt, Greece, Israel) but Bouffalant is stuck in the city that never sleeps. I get why, since Unova is the NYC equivalent, but still

Actually, there's pretty clear reasoning behind the more recent regionals
  • Hawlucha: It's a masked luchador only found in Mexico
  • Klefki: It was the first Kalos regional and it is only found in France
  • Comfey: It's currently the only Alola regional and literally a Hawaiian flower wreath and it is only found in Hawaii

So I expect that Stonjourner will only be found in England

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Update: Although I was frustrated by the Campfire map, I am absolutely in love with the raid joining feature, which I tried for the first time after I posted a couple of weeks ago. I had so much frustration trying to get people to join raids, when I can only get around two days a week and rarely run into other trainers, and I rarely can find five friends to join. Campfire's raid join feature has been such a boon to me. Joining random raids has given me new friends to send gifts to and raid with, and I've been able to join raids with five or more people. I've gotten Mega Sableye energy, Mega Blaziken energy, Mega Blastoise energy, Regileki, all stuff I've never been able to get up till now. I love it! The map still stinks that I can't adjust its positioning, but I hope they keep this raid feature forever. Now I'm just anxiously awaiting the next time they have Tornadus in raids so I can FINALLY get that picture of Tornadus I've been needing for a quest for the last year or two.

Vindicated30.6

Hey just a heads up that codes from the Pokemon Go TCG set for in game items are getting ready to expire soon.