• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Go Plus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Pokemon Go Plus bands have an official release date! I'm not sure if this was already a thing but we're getting these bands late august. People can pre-order off the Nintendo site if they want and I feel people may go crazy for them.. Or will they?

I'm not too sure on the bands if I'm honest. Yeah I admit it looks pretty awesome but that price tag is putting me off it. Plus my phone and bluetooth never work out.

Is anyone thinking about getting one?

Also I'd love to hear everyone's views on them :)

NewSchoolBoxer

I like the concept of it as it's beneficial to hardcore players and improves the augmented reality concept. I dislike the $34.99 USD price. May as well spend $39.99 on Sun or Moon when they come out instead. There is a YouTube video I can't post the link to (due to having < 10 posts) called All the reasons you SHOULD and SHOULD NOT buy Pokemon Plus for Pokemon GO! that I agreed with. No matter how else you look at it, if YOU want to be the greatest trainer in the world, you'll need this device.

That you can throw balls at pokemon without looking at your phone should increase your yield per hour, if you look at it that way, and therefore your dust and candy accumulation. That's worth some money. Here I am driving my car 30 mph (48 kmh), hearing pokemon appear and debating if I can really try to start the encounter and catch the pokemon without causing a traffic accident, or be ticketed for effectively texting and driving :) .

MayTrainer

Demon Buster Trainee
... I don't know what to say about it... they relase it but it won't work with Android at launch... and it's really expensive... I won't buy one even because where I live there's nothing... I have to go to another town (10km) to have a gym and 2-3 PokéStops...

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Most/all of the app functions don't work unless the app is open. If the app is open already, whats the point of the Plus? I get that it gives you a chance to catch pokemon and collect items without looking at your phone. But why do you need that when the game only works while the app is open and on your screen? Unless there is a lot more going on in the background than I realize...

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
I was suprisingly shocked to hear that it won't be available for Androids at launch. I, however, have an IPhone. I feel like there are still a huge portion of people whom do use Androids, so this could be a loss of income on Nintendo and Niantic's part.
I am planning on getting one and still planning on getting Sun and Moon in the Fall. What? We all need hobbies. :p As for bluetooth's being price-y. I have a Bluetooth that cost about $60.00 USD. I think there was one for $40.00 USD when I bought it, but I preferred that one. So, seeing a the GO Plus for $34.99 USD doesn't seem like too much of a surprise to me. I would prefer it to be cheaper, yes, but it is what it is and I'm going to get it none-the-less.
I am pretty disappointed in the fact that you won't be able to catch Pokémon you haven't caught before though.

I'm going to get the Pokémon GO Plus.

Mileron

I am pretty disappointed in the fact that you won't be able to catch Pokémon you haven't caught before though.

I'm going to get the Pokémon GO Plus.

Keeps you interacting with the game, as opposed to mechanically/reflexively simply tapping the GoPlus' button until it stops vibrating.

I too was hoping to get it, but I too have an Android.

Vroomer

Yeah, I considered getting it but i can't imagine why a super simple bluetooth blinking light needs to cost that much

^ and the ap has to be open to work... what's the point of this trinket? to show people that, YES, I am playing Pokemon Go?

BCVM22

To be able to catch Pokémon in GO without having to look at your phone. It's fairly straightforward.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I really don't think I want it because using your blue tooth drains more battery as it is for the ar and music and etc. I rather just not have the item but it does help the appeal of catching and etc and of course the post above as well ^^

This is interesting. A lot of diverse opinions :) if I'm honest I won't be getting it. It does look pretty cool but I'm not gonna buy it just because of its looks. It would probably end up wrecking my phone's battery if I had both bluetooth and location settings on at the same time. Maybe if I had a new phone but that wouldn't be for some time lol.

msKrystel

I see a lot of 'win actions' on Facebook for the Pokémon GO Plus. The price is too expensive for me to buy one. If it was 10 dollars, I probably would buy it...

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
It appears that the GO Plus is being delayed until September, any thoughts?

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
I think a lot of initial players are going to be bored of the game by the time Plus is released, especially now that they're being pushed back [again?]. Already I see less people playing it, though my family seems pretty obsessed (which is kinda weird for me). I wonder if the price will go up/down some.

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
I can certainly see where players will get bored of the game by then. There are already a fair number that have dropped within the past week. Most of the excuses I hear is the fact some Pokémon (Pidgey) appear all of the time and they can't find anything else, especially with the radar so off. Even having to check PokéVision takes time because their server is not always working properly. I think the fact that they've pushed it back to September really isn't the greatest idea (I could be wrong). School will be back in session and I can see a decent amount of people dropping their studies because of it, but also a lack of interest in it from sports and other recreational activities. Maybe they're hoping that the September release will give he GO Plus more time for travel seeing that people will be going back and forth from educational facilities a lot. Otherwise, I don't really know where they're going with this. On the other hand, I think it gives Android users a better chance of being able to use it at release.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
The go plus is back in stock at GameStop

Go get one if you wanted it!

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I'll have to keep my eye on NowInStock. That will probably be my only hope at getting Go Plus if I want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.