• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Gods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharizardBlastoise

Squirtle Power!
As Most People Now Know Arceus Is The God In Pokemon But Looking At Things I Only Think He Created Pokemon So He's What I Think.
This Is What I Think Each Pokemon Created (In Game/Anime)

Arceus = All Pokemon
Dialga = Time
Palkia = Space
Rayquaza = Sky
Kyogre = Sea
Groudon = Land
Uxie = Knowledge
Mespirit = Emotion
Azelf = Willpower

I'd Also Like To Say About Some Other Pokemon That May Be Considered God-Like

Celebi = NOT A God Travels Through Time, Didn't Create Anything.
Mew = Possiby The First Pokemon Arceus Made?
Giratina = Maybe He Created The Torn World? Another Dimension? Perhaps He's The Arceus Of Another Diemnsion?
Anywho, Discuss.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Ok, this the-legendary-pokemon-are-gods thing really bugs me. It isn't just that I believe that there is one god, and any portrayal of other gods makes me mad, but it's also the fact that if they're gods, this means that they're gods that can be controlled by any human in the simple act of throwing something at them. It would be like a ten year old kid controlling God, and that would be enough to send the world to ruins.

And kyogre and groudon aren't gods, they're just monsters. The only thing they do is sleep, or fight, causing serious trouble. They're pretty much huge whales/monsters that are in a near-permanent state of hibernation.

CharizardBlastoise

Squirtle Power!
The World Of Pokemon Isn't Ment To Make Sence, This Is Not The Real World Also Most Other Pokemon Have Pretty Destructive Powers That Could Cause "Trouble"

~Magic Thunderbolt~

Ok, this the-legendary-pokemon-are-gods thing really bugs me. It isn't just that I believe that there is one god, and any portrayal of other gods makes me mad, but it's also the fact that if they're gods, this means that they're gods that can be controlled by any human in the simple act of throwing something at them. It would be like a ten year old kid controlling God, and that would be enough to send the world to ruins.

And kyogre and groudon aren't gods, they're just monsters. The only thing they do is sleep, or fight, causing serious trouble. They're pretty much huge whales/monsters that are in a near-permanent state of hibernation.

Win. Personally I also think that the legendaries are merely strong pokes(even though they seem to get absurdly stronger and stronger each gen). I mean a good example is...

Heatran.

by the way, rank up! hehe couldn't resist.

CharizardBlastoise

Squirtle Power!
It's Kinda Ovious Legendaries Are Stronger, Im Just Saying About Arceus Getting God Status And All.

Maruno

No pokémon is a god. The stories about them are just getting bigger and bigger, presumably just so they can top the generation that came beforehand.

The legendary pokémon are not gods, they are not the embodiments of anything, they do not regulate anything, they do not represent anything, they do not rule over anything. They are just powerful monsters. It's the stories that make people think they're even more special than they already are.

That's my opinion, anyway.

Oh, and please don't capitalise every word. It's bad form, and it's just not cute.

CharizardBlastoise

Squirtle Power!
You = Third Person To Complain About My Typing, Don't Bother..

Anywho Is Anyone Not Getting This Arceus Created Dialga + Palkia Then They Created Time & Space So Why Are They Not Gods? Also Arceus Is Refered To As A God By Nearlly Every Pokemon Site Now.

EDIT: Rank Up! :p

There are no Pokemon Gods! How many times must it be said?

Maruno

That creation story is exactly that: a story. Do we have any witnesses of the beginning of the Universe? I doubt it. How then does anyone know what actually happened? Anyone writing about it can do nothing more than guess, and that guess became a religion.

Everyone calling Arceus a god does not make it one.

There are no Gods in Pokemon.

At this moment in time the only hard facts we have on Arceus are these:

Diamond Pokedex said:
It is decribed in mythology as the Pokemon that shaped the universe with it's 1,000 arms.

Pearl Pokedex said:
It is told in mythology that this Pokemon was the born before the universe even existed.

As you can see the word "God" is never mentioned here.

randomspot555

And the key phrase "In mythology." While myths often have some form of truth in them, they aren't made for historical purposes, but rather there for the story. Egyptian myths say the feline are divine, but that doesn't mean they are.

And really, typing like that must take forever. Type like a normal person. Those of us with an IQ higher than a brick just think it makes your posts stupid, automatically. Typing normally will at least give you some semblance of sanity.

There are no Gods in Pokemon.

This. Honestly, I think all this talk of Poke gods needs to go in some fan fic forum or the "Create your own anything" post.

Last edited:

Shiny pokemon lower

Ha, this tread could also been in Miscellaneous discussion. I think there is no theory around the creation which is the Fasit. Pokemon is about... yes, pokemon. Would people have god in an pokemon game instead of the god pokemon? One answer, no! Thefore they have to made the god pokemon.

To anyone who says very forcefully that there are no god Pokemon:

How can you tell? You can't say that Arceus isn't a god any more than someone can say he IS one. Actually, the fact that there are stories suggest that he is god-like, make it more likely so. And I'm positive that the word "God' is used loosely here. Just because Arceus' descriptions don't use the word 'God', it doesn't mean there's no way he could be one.

Last edited:

Maruno

It just seems very unlikely that an actual god pokémon would sit around in a cave somewhere forever before letting itself be caught by a teenager and implicitly controlled. And anything referring Arceus's powers very clearly state mythology says so, which is tantamount to saying "it's just a story, it's not real".

What mythology do you know that is in fact real? And I mean more true than a few hints of it (i.e. "people and the Earth and gravity and a sandwich exist in this story" doesn't make the story true).

octoboy

I Crush Everything
My point exactly. What kind of god gets off his cloud just because some kid said, "I've got a tournament to win."? And any god who would spend most of the time sleeping in a cave instead of governing the world, answering prayers and whatnought would make for an extremely lousy world.

randomspot555

I think a lot of this comes from anime watchers, where ALL LEGENDARY POKEMON (regardless of how powerful they actually are or aren't) are viewed as almost untouchable.

In the games, with some exceptions (mostly those in the uber tier), legendary just means it has a very loose tie in to the "story" and they aren't automatically more powerful just because they have legendary status.

The reason people say with such authority that there are no gods in Pokemon is because the burden of proof is on those who are claiming there are. And the fact is, those people haven't found any good evidence.

Maruno

I think a lot of this comes from anime watchers, where ALL LEGENDARY POKEMON (regardless of how powerful they actually are or aren't) are viewed as almost untouchable.

In the games, with some exceptions (mostly those in the uber tier), legendary just means it has a very loose tie in to the "story" and they aren't automatically more powerful just because they have legendary status.
Good point. The anime makes a huge deal about it often being morally wrong to capture a pokémon, and it's practically always wrong to capture a legendary pokémon (the nearest you might be allowed is to form a friendship with one).

In the games, however, legendary pokémon are little more than rare and/or powerful pokémon, and in the later generations several have also been part of the story as well. There's nothing inherently "we rule the world" about them, aside from the mythology (which, being mythology, is most likely entirely false and only exists because it's known that the powerful legendary pokémon are powerful).

This is far and away the easier and better possibility, and you'll have to find some evidence of them actually ruling the world/elements/whatever in order to make the "they're gods" viewpoint any kind of plausible.

Blueties

Bluee~
If Arceus was the God Pokemon, some of the other Pokemon should pray to him, or something.
Callin Arceus to be a god is a bit ridiculous.

creator/=/god
Besides pokemon is ment to be a religion-less game

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
Arceus is only considered the god Pokemon because it was a rumor before Diamond and Pearl we're fully released.

When they we're release Arcues dex entry states that Arceus create the Universe.

We're Mew states that it is the Ancester of Pokemon.

Mew was first.

Mew creates Arceus. Arceus creates the Universe. Mew makes all other Pokemon.

If there we're a God Pokemom. Mew is definatly it.

However I doubt that there will ever be a God Pokemon, as it could cause problems with religion etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.