• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Gotta Catch 'Em All-a-Thon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightey

I tried to put this in a section where it wouldn't be spam.. I hope I picked the right one. So, my cousin and I are going to try to catch all of the pokemon in a week, during April Vacation. We're playing FireRed, LeafGreen, Ruby, Sapphire, Diamond, Pearl, HeartGold, and SoulSilver, and we will preload the events. Other than the events, the pokemon will be from scratch, and we cannot trade online. She's only 8, so I'm trying to make this a lot of fun for her, and I wanted to see if you guys had any tips, or ideas for either fun things, or catching pokemon. We already have checklists for each game, so please don't say that it's eaiser to catch Charmander in FireRed, than it is HeartGold, because each game has a checklist for pokemon the player for that game needs to catch. Then, all of them put together, equals 493.

Updates!
1/9/10 - Only a few more months to go. I'm still wondering how we are getting all 7 Eeveelutions, I'll have to check the checklists. Getting the family prizes ready soon.

Current Total Caught:
0 (Well, duh, we don't start until the end of April)​

Last edited:

scarecrow_stitches

blissfully dead
That sounds like a fun idea. Good luck! ^__^

Lightey

with trying to get all 493 you have a good chance ^_^

Thanks.

I'm the night player, because we only see each other about 7-8 hours each day, but, since I'm a night owl, I'll probably be able to beat a game a night.

Totodile_

Expert Poke'ologist.
Sounds fun. I wish I had all the 3rd-4th gen games, so I could do that. I only have:
Ruby
Emerald
FireRed
Diamond.

I could get MOST with those games... I might try when I have a LOT of time on my hands.

Master Ruby

One more level...
Good luck to you. Try to make time to get Sweet Scent for all the Safari Zones.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Words of advice? Don't do it. Doing something this huge with only two people in such a short time-frame is only going to make you hate the games, which would be a horrible thing, considering you're doing this with an eight-year-old.

And if you ignore that, then Red Bull, and don't try to get any honey tree PKMN who can be caught with easier methods.

Blue Shiny Pikachu 1

Fly So High!!!
I hope you both have a lot of fun! ^_^

Escheria

Ray Tracer
Good luck with the challenge!
I do hope you figured out a list of pokemon whose higher evolutions can be obtained in the game too (ie Persian, Fearow in FRLG, Lairon in Emerald). Apart from that, try to get a pokemon with Pickup asap in every game, as each Rare Candy is sacred for speedplaying.

Oh, and just that you know, the fastest time you can finish a 3rd gen game would be ~17 hours if you do all the quests.

aclover

VICTORiOUS
the pokewalker is sooo much eaisier for spritomb. same with munchlax.
good luck to you guyz!

Lightey

I do hope you figured out a list of pokemon whose higher evolutions can be obtained in the game too (ie Persian, Fearow in FRLG, Lairon in Emerald). Apart from that, try to get a pokemon with Pickup asap in every game, as each Rare Candy is sacred for speedplaying.

Oh, and just that you know, the fastest time you can finish a 3rd gen game would be ~17 hours if you do all the quests.

During the Speed Gamers marathon, Chuggaaconroy finished FireRed in 5 hours.. Well, that's what he said.

Lightey

the pokewalker is sooo much eaisier for spritomb. same with munchlax.
good luck to you guyz!
Thanks!

Yes, we have, and thanks!
I hope you both have a lot of fun! ^_^
Thanks, we will.
Words of advice? Don't do it. Doing something this huge with only two people in such a short time-frame is only going to make you hate the games, which would be a horrible thing, considering you're doing this with an eight-year-old.

And if you ignore that, then Red Bull, and don't try to get any honey tree PKMN who can be caught with easier methods.
Umm, I could never hate Pokemon, and we can do it if we want to, it's up to us how we spend our week.
Good luck to you. Try to make time to get Sweet Scent for all the Safari Zones.
Thanks for the tip
Sounds fun. I wish I had all the 3rd-4th gen games, so I could do that. I only have:
Ruby
Emerald
FireRed
Diamond.

I could get MOST with those games... I might try when I have a LOT of time on my hands.

They're cheap on ebay, as for the time, idk.

pastel

Viva el Reggaeton!
for munchslax, breed him, dont catch him.
and in HGSS, you can get approximately....440 of the whole pokedex right?
but some are easier in other games, but remember, the pokewalker.
take redbull, and run while you play.

Lightey

for munchslax, breed him, dont catch him.
and in HGSS, you can get approximately....440 of the whole pokedex right?
but some are easier in other games, but remember, the pokewalker.
take redbull, and run while you play.

Thanks for the tips!

1ee7leader

What about the event Pokemon?

Zenosparadox

Happiny<3
for beldum get the free one from steven and and absol i think its easier to get it in 3rd generation then in 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.