• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Green

Ever heard of Pokemon Green?

• You know it! I bought it from Japan!

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Not really, is this even real?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think I might of heard of it...

Votes: 14 51.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

s2k>wrx

i learned about it not too long ago actualy

Nana

haha, Green is the first generation game I own. I started off with Crystal and bought Green for really cheap when I was visiting relatives in Japan. I bought it because Green is my favourite colour, not knowing that it's the most outdated game... It's not that great. I wish I had gotten Yellow.

glenn7lhy

UTevent collector
does anyone know what would happen if i tried playing my pokémon green on my european pokémon stadium? would it corrupt the game, or delete items/pokemon, delete my save file or just play normally? or any other outcomes?

*~Midnight_Sunshine~*

^^I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think they would even be compatible because of the language difference. I would assume it would probably delete the save file if you tried.

Anyway, I've heard of Pokemon Green but never played it.

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
Um, apparently you can only be sure of its existence if you bought it from Japan? There's this thing that's called the Internet, and it's been around for a while. It's a great way to spread information like this. Not to mention we're having this discussion on a very reliable pokemon website, inside a forum entitled Red/Green/Blue/Yellow Discussion.

Honestly, what kind of question is this?

Chaos Rush

I have Green version. And I'm not lying, I'll even take a picture if you guys doubt me. Here's what I have to say:

*It's pretty much EXACTLY the same as the US Pokemon Blue
*In the US Red/Blue, you know how the tileset in Route 23 looks a little different than the rest of Kanto (And it looks like G/S/C's Kanto tileset)? Yeah, well, in the Japanese Red/Green, that tileset is used for the entire Kanto region. Basically, the main tiles are different.
*Sprites are different, of course
*Battle menu when selecting attacks is a lot shorter, it's more of a square shape rather than rectangular
*For some reason you can put 30 Pokemon in each box. This is also true for the Japanese G/S/C.
*Intro displays Gengar and Nidorino, unlike the US Blue version which displays Gengar and Jigglypuff
*Red's sprite on the title screen is different from the US Red/Blue
*The layout for Mewtwo's cave is COMPLETELY different. It's a lot more similar to the FR/LG layout.

Also, apparently the JAPANESE Pokemon Blue had adjusted catch rates and improved sound, according to Bulbapedia, and since the US Red/Blue is a modified Japanese Blue version, they would have these "upgrades". Sound-wise, I don't hear any difference between the Japanese Red/Green and the US Red/Blue.

LucienKaftan

Aspiring author.
Sprites like Ghastly amused me.

Kiggz

Team Genesis X
Pokemon Red and Green were released in japan the graphics were worse then our red and blue, then they got blue a improve in graphics. Then we based our red and blue off their blue. If you were to compare their red with ours you will see the difference is huge among graphics we basically got their blue version.

Then yellow came out ect ect.

Green sucks enuff said its just plain old shitty.

Status
Not open for further replies.