• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Hacks.. the Final yes's and no's

Jackson

I know.. there have been things on it before.. ALOT of things on it before.. but I say.. we make a list.. a list of the Oks and the Not oks to Pokemon Hacks. I know there will always be the people out there that think there should be no hacks.. none used ever... but this will be a list of rules that the people out there who do us it.. know whats the least amount of ok to it...

the one thing I think should be called ok is getting a pokemon you love.. like for me.. Jirachi is my favorite pokemon and theres no real way for me to get one.. I cant go to some big event I live no where near a big city.. and I dont own the discs to get it the other way.. so Inless I get REALLY lucky and get some one to trade me one.. Im not gettin one... so thats the one thing I say should be ok... hacking the pokemon you want REALLY want but cant get.. but a 100% no to the people who hack them and make them SUPER.. I hate that...

(if some one wants to sticky this so no one makes another go ahead.. and if some one wants to delete this go ahead as well...)

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
The absolute no-no as far as hacking goes is doing it to take away the challenge. That includes hacking "super" Pokemon (like a shiny Aerodactyl with Volt Tackle and perfect IVs I once saw. I lol'd)

Fred

SUPER TRAINER!!!
The absolute no-no as far as hacking goes is doing it to take away the challenge.

I agree with that.. its one thing to Hack a mew at the start of the game its another to Hack a lvl 100 Mew and us it from the start of the game.

Metal Force

o^_^o PWNZOME
In the past, events don't reach to some countries like mine, they still don't, but we can trade with others all over the world now, it's not that hard, especially if you offer good IVed pokemon/a shiny or both, other than that that person must be really kind, so sorry, but I don't see much "yes's" for hacks.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Only if you are nowhere near events (Australia only had JBHF Manaphy as a D/P Event and Celebi as a GS event) you should hack them. Absolute #1 No-No is make super Teams (This happend to me) like a Shiny Tyrannitar with all stats 999 and with Judgement and Softboiled and Wondergaurd as the Ability(Left that battle immediatly).

Cosmar

< Aww.
In the past, events don't reach to some countries like mine, they still don't, but we can trade with others all over the world now, it's not that hard, especially if you offer good IVed pokemon/a shiny or both, other than that that person must be really kind, so sorry, but I don't see much "yes's" for hacks.

But what if you don't try for good IVs or such? Or Shiny hunt? Certain Events can be very hard to get, even if you have Wi - Fi (especially the ones that carry the...Classic Ribbon? [not sure if that's the correct name] as they can't be cloned via the GTS and thus, people are less willing to part with them])

Anyhow, my list:

Good:

Get Event Legendaries (as long as they aren't traded off as Legit)
Get extra TMs, etc (if you don't have Wi - Fi)
Get version exclusives/Pokemon from previous games (again, as long as they aren't traded off as Legit)
Get Shinies (don't trade 'em off as Legit)
Cloning (as long as you let your trade buddy know they've been cloned via a cheating device and either: A. Give them away for free [trade them for trash such as Bidoof], or B. Trade them for other clones)

Bad:

Use it to scam players out of their Pokemon
Trade malicous (game - damaging) hacks
Create harmful codes that will damage save files
Create Pokemon that have Illegit Movesets, Abilites, EVs (252 EVs in every Stat), and Stats
Create Pokemon that have perfect IVs across the board

Metal Force

o^_^o PWNZOME
But what if you don't try for good IVs or such? Or Shiny hunt? Certain Events can be very hard to get, even if you have Wi - Fi (especially the ones that carry the...Classic Ribbon? [not sure if that's the correct name] as they can't be cloned via the GTS and thus, people are less willing to part with them])

Anyhow, my list:

Good:

Get version exclusives/Pokemon from previous games (again, as long as they aren't traded off as Legit)
Cloning (as long as you let your trade buddy know they've been cloned via a cheating device and either: A. Give them away for free [trade them for trash such as Bidoof], or B. Trade them for other clones)

Bad:

Create Pokemon that have Illegit Movesets, Abilites, EVs (252 EVs in every Stat), and Stats
True, and yes you spelled it correctly, anyway, as for classic ribboned Pokémon, well if the owner doesn't want it it'll give it to you, but I don't think he/she will, thus for, at that point the person's in a desperate need for Xevent such as Darkrai, so I guess then it's ok, as for just hacking needless legends/pokemon with perfect IVs/EV trained..etc it's not necessary.

Anyhow, my list:

Good:

Bad:

Couldn't have said it better myself. Especially the bad parts.

Cosmic

The Electric Lucario
OK: Using hacks to get really rare Pokemon but NOT trading them.
Extra TM's
Full Pokedex (so you can get Pal Park easily)
Catching pokemon in different places at normal.

Not OK: Scamming
Passing off as legit
999 stat wonder Guard

Unsure: Illegit movesets b/c like Will_o_Wisp said, but if it's only a minor change that makes sense. Like Medicaham and Close Combat, because with Pure Power, it's kind overkill. And another one is Spiritomb and Night Shade. Not really sure, though.

Sk@rmory288

Put User Title Here
Good
Cloning TM's
Getting Event Legendaries
Cloning of hold items (Leftovers, etc)

Bad
Evreything else.

-The Skarm

Jackson

Anyhow, my list:

Good:

Bad:

Thank you! this is more of what we need.. people saying there oks and not oks.. Ill give it about a week then make a big list of the Oks and the Not oks.
so people make more of these please.

A Local Guy

i'd say this:

goods:
legendaries
extra TMs
catching random pokemon otherwise unavailable (want a challenge? get a near-complete pokedex without access to trading)
rare candies (your loss, no EVs for your team)
all else that was stated already

bad:
obvious hacks giving near invincibility (wonderguard dialga, perfect ev/ivs, caught at level 100 at pal park)
thinking you're as skilled as the legit players (big one there)
passing off hacks as legit (even if there is no difference)

;049;

kinglax

will give nethin 4it
If its just to get a kick and a win for yourself then its fine, any consequences (which in the long term are really quite rare) will be yours.
However if you wish to make hacked pokemon to distribute, check with the reciever of the hacked pokemon and let them know its hacked before trading it to them.

dusk456

Dark Lord
All I would say is that one can use his/her Action Replay to get any number of pokemon so long they are legit, i.e at max they can put 31 DVs in all the stats and distribute the 510 Evs in anyway one likes.

neo_senku

good:
shiny pkmn
extra tms
extra hold items
extra pp maxes
berries

bad:
legendaries
perfect ivs across the board
wondertomb
volt absorb gyrados
all pkmn with unnatural abilities and attacks
max evs in all stats
999 in any stat

-Dragon-

Furret rocks
I honestly believe that no hacking is good...

KetchupO

tωisted
I don't think it's necessary to hack unless you're hacking things you already have.
like TM's and items that you have worked hard to receive.
Pokemon should not be hacked IMO. No matter how rare.

I don't hack though, and I'm against hacking./...but yeah if you wanna do it feel free, just don't make like...super powerful teams no one can beat. That's just being lazy. Hacks completely dis the point of the game -.-

Last edited:

FlyingTotodile

Many totodiles can't
Hacks are annoying. They're easy to get compared to the hard work needed to get genuine decent pokemon.
Although I can still thrash my friend with his hacked team of shinies lol.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
The absolute no-no as far as hacking goes is doing it to take away the challenge. That includes hacking "super" Pokemon (like a shiny Aerodactyl with Volt Tackle and perfect IVs I once saw. I lol'd)

Thats nothing, i've seen Brave Bird, Flare Blitz and Wood Hammer on it before.....

A no for me towards hacking:)

Cavan_II

"Dark Lightning"
Hacking is okay:
-To get Pokemon not within your ability, as long as they are created as though they were not hacked.
-To get rare TMs

Hacking is not okay:
-To get unfair stats
-To get unfair (i.e. impossible) moves/abilities
-In cases where the game can get brim-deep in glitches