• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Haters in Real Life

voltianqueen

Fire and Lightning!
I'd say, "Heck, that's cool with me."

Then again, almost everything is cool with me... But I wouldn't really care if they had valid reasons like you said. It's just the unreasonable ones that bug me.

eonmaster_457

What do you think would happen if an actually smart Pokemon Hater came up to you and gave reasonable reasons (not like the other s**tty ones discussed here)?

I'd say something smarter to shut them up obviously. Most Pokemon Haters might be smart, but they all lack
common sense.

Why? The reason they think Pokemon is gay, and all those insults, they show they just lost all common sense by opposing and "fighting" a video game franchise.

Divisible by Waffle

Smörgåsbord Rotunda
When I was a sophomore in my marketing class, I kicked back after a test and played Red. The results were surprising...I heard some whispering, and the word "Pokemon" was mixed in, so I listened a bit more closely. Apparently, they were watching me, and they started to talk about how they used to play it all the time. It was kind of touching, actually.

I haven't gotten anyone attacking me for playing Pokemon. Most people are afraid of me for some reason...it's odd. I've encountered people who dislike Pokemon, but they never shove it in my face or act like jerks about it.

Flygon3X

The sunset skies...
Well, my friends still like the games, but they lost interest in the anime and anything else related to Pokemon.

Khamul

Fail Meister
I don't care about Pokemon Haters, in fact when I encountered some back then I'd just laugh along with them, It's not like I need a reputation or anything. Besides I'm fat anyway and I'll probably die of Heart Attack at 17 or 18, and I've got nothing left to lose.

eonmaster_457

Hey you shouldn't say that.

I disagree with temporarily going with the 'I hate pokemon' act from all you guys. I mean, if you do like them, at least be proud of it...

voltianqueen

Fire and Lightning!
Reminds me of a time at the lunch table...

Me & Friend 1: (talking about Pokemon Colosseum & XD)
Friend 2: Are y'all talking about Pokemon? You STILL like it??
Me: I do, I play the games all the time.
Friend 1: Yeah.
Friend 2: Oh, I thought you meant the show.
Friend 1: I still watch it.
Me: Meh, I don't like it as much anymore...
Friend 1: Yeah, me either.

I was like, wtf? It made no sense. Just thought I'd share that. ;)

MekeHeke

I think people just see Pokemon as childish because they liked it when they where younger, but like most fad's, they stopped liking it after a while. They automatically think that means Pokemon itself is "childish". It's a very shallow way of thinking, but what can you do?

Also, I hate it when people use "gay" here as a negative term. What is wrong with being gay? When people use that term it can make them seem very uneducated. I am sure there are gay people that post on these forums and would not be surprised if they have been offended at one time or another.

Raptorg

Psychic/Fire trainer
happens often to me

i'm 17 years old and people always frown upon me when i say anything about pokémon or play the games

my mother first was like the others, but eventually she started accepting pokémon as a thing that isn't "just for babies" considering i've never grown out of it although my overall maturity since the pokémon rage and now has increased an insane amount

treespyro

Vintage much?
Just stick up for what you like and don't pretend or don't say anything

Emperor Giratina

Car Racing Pundit
Hmm... Hmm.... I have ran into alot of Pokemon haters who say that Pokemon is childish whereas it is not... There are two types of Pokemon haters... Logical and illogical ones.... And I have been running into all the illogical ones... Yes, yes, I know, Pokemon haters never listen about the truth of Pokemon to show that they are 100% wrong... Ignorance is a big problem... Pokemon haters never pay attention to the truth they are hearing because they cannot understand the truth about Pokemon.... But actually, ignorance is not causing this hatred about Pokemon.... Guess what is causing all this? ... FEAR!!! .... Remember, ignornace leads to fear, fear leads to anger and anger leads to hatred..... Er, well, I have heard this quote like 6 months ago... But according to my point of view, it actually does make sense... But should'nt you people be going to all the anti-anti-Pokemon sites to fight off those good for nothing Pokemon haters? (Anti-anti-Pokemon site such as this one... Just click the underlined words to go to that site! :) )

poke'master

I'm the only one out of my mates who plays it. couldn't care less what people think lol. People are always going to hate. I say just go with it. They can say what they want lol.. doesn't make them cool or anything cos they dont like pokemon.. who knows what theyre into :S

XSilverStarboyX

Just stick up for what you like and don't pretend or don't say anything

I agree. For a long time I just didnt say anything because I didnt want to be judged over a game. But Im going to a convention next weekend as Gold from Pokemon Special and I dont care what people think of me or say. Most of the haters are posers anyway;152;

Revengent

Fiddlesticks *snaps*
No matter what you are into, there is always someone out there to be a hater. I like this one conversation I had with this one kid.

Me: (pulls out DS)
Kid: (looks to see what I'm playing) OOOOOHHH you're playing Pokemon.
Me: Sure am.
Kid: Pokemon's dumb.
Me: (sigh) Why are you bothering me?
Kid: What you, like 10?
Me: Um, no. (doesn't even look up and continues to play)
Kid: (gets annoyed) What are you doing now? Sending out your Pikachu? Thunderbolt! Oh no...not effective agansit onix! I'll just use my Kygore-
Me: (looks up) If Pokemon's so dumb why do you know so much? And Kygore is a fairly new one...so...
Kid: Um...shut up!
Me: Ah, touchy.
Kid: Whatever. (stomps off)
Other kid: Cool! I love Pokemon! Lemme see your team!
Hater kid: (glares)

Haha. Loved it. And that was a year or two ago. In high school.

~Nidoking~

Team Aqua Admin
At my school theres like the entire class on my back over it.
I get "OMG LIKE GOOOOOO PIKACHWU!!LOL!1!"
I might just turn around one day and go "If its so gay,Then you play it,."But id get beaten up.

One REALLY handy thing though is, haters only know the standards like Pikachu and Charizard. I talk to my friend about Pokemon in school, but becuase we usually mention non-standards like Heatran and Bronzong, no one knows what the hell we're on about.

Sonic15

May Fanboy
Ahhhh. I hate Haters! They are everywhere in my life. I have to constantly hide my pokemon upsession when they come over. I just wish they would by themselves a gameboy and relize how great pokemon is.