• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Haters in Real Life

CHeSHiRe-CaT

A Curious Breed
I run through the halls of my high school singing the Pokemon theme from the first season. XP People either stare or laugh, but mostly out of amusement.

I'd probably agree with the lot of you when you say you frequently encounter Pokemon haters in middle school. I can only remember a single person bashing me for liking Pokemon, actually. And of course, he was the Sony junkie with a five o'clock shadow at thirteen years.

*shrugs*

Mewchirio

Wow, that sounded just like someone from my school, right down to the way he pronounces it! He really irritates me,but got into trouble last week for being racist, so nobody listens to him anymore...

~Mewchirio~

Mewchirio

Wow, that sounded just like someone from my school, right down to the way he pronounces it! He really irritates me,but got into trouble last week for being racist, so nobody listens to him anymore...

~Mewchirio~

mimefan

Banned
What does the singing the pokemon theme right through the high school halls.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Yeah, i run into pokemon haters all the time at my school. When they start trashing pokemon, I just show them my tattoo on my arm, it says "Live and let live". if they dont get what im trying to say by showing them that, i just tell them to **** off.

Edit: rank up =)

Last edited:

meteor64

Show Me Ya Noobs
Some kid came up to me and said-"HAHA you lieks de pogeymmans!!!11"
I said "HAHA You leiks de dwagonbllzzzzzzzzz z!!!!11!1"
That shut him up.

Lin Kong Shu

Infestation.
Hater: What is that?
Me: A Nintendo DS.
Hater: Oh, a Game Boy.
Me: No...
Hater: And your playing Pokamon! Loser. It's only gays, who plays that.
Me: Why won't you play it then?
*Hater leaves, because of bell.*

Yes, we have many haters on our school too.

Queen_Lugia

The Soul of Silver
Myspace IS overratted.
Your like a clone of me [If your a girl.]

Mewx, were you referring to me or someone else? Because I didn't even mention MySpace.... :confused:

If you are referring to me, look at my post and I mention that I'm a girl. :rolleyes:

If not, then my bad. :redface:

Ampris

Slip slidin'
Oi, my brother. He likes the games, apparently, but he absolutely loathes the anime, and I catch a lot of crap for daring to watch it in his presence. :rolleyes:

Now, I can't debate with him because he's a jerk who'll talk as loud as possible and ignore every point I attempt to make, but if I did, I'd just tell him that yes, I know it's a kids show, kthx, and I'm perfectly okay with that. I have my reasons for liking it, and going on about how the anime is teh suxxorz ever since '01 --despite being more or less the same quality-wise-- just because it's OMG DIFFERENT!!!!111 from what you grew up with (Misty's gone, get the hell over it) is ridiculous. And I don't bash the brain-dead stuff he watches, at least not to the degree he does Pokemon. It just really ticks me off that I can't even argue about this with him, because he'll neither listen nor care. :\

Xerome

Dream Eater
a lot people i encounter are poke-haters i'm getting sick of it!
whats there problem? is it not allowed to play pokemon if you are older then 5???

Mega Heroes

I'm gonna Brawl!
Theres a boy who says that pokemon is for toddlers of 3 years old. Almost the whole class said it was for babies. I convinced them that the games are not like the Anime (because that's in holland the main reason whay the most people say at a age of 13 and above "I'm to old for it" or "It's for toddlers and for lil' kids" or "I feel to old for it".
It makes me sometimes damn p*ss*d off. They also make fun about my Fan Fiction Idea: Mega Heroes. A story where Pokémon, Bleach, Sonic, Mario, ect. are in. They say that's for babies and not for older kids.

But yeah, we are never to old for something (about hobby's).
And what about the Anime? Most people hate it, why?
some reasons maybe:
1. Almost every Episode is the same: new pokémon and/or trainer, team rocket, pikachu thunderbolt, blah blah blah.
2. It's very dumb for them. Pikachu is too cute for them. Pikachu is Awesome.
3.Its annoying for them.
4. The first years of Pokémon in Holland, where the greatest moments, but between gen 2 and 3, many people said it was boring and not more popular.

They like shooting games more than Pokémon. And i almost realized that if i want to meet friends who like pokémon, i must go on Internet to do that.

Pokémon was my first hobby, the first series of non-western Cartoons and series i ever saw. Pkmn Red was my first game, The pokémon games where always great.

But i can't still convice my classmates, that pokémon as a game series is not childish. Teletubbies is for little children right? Pokémon is for all ages (atleast 3+)

Well atleast it are no anti-pokemon fans. a friend a met on vacation likes pokémon, but still makes anti-pokemon jokes of it. And likes too draw a dead pikachu with blood. He's neutral i guess.
But why must Pikachu or the anime must be the victims of reasons to become Anti-Pokémon fans or PokéHaters!?

Last edited:

Dark_Gamer

Dark Trainer
Wow, yes, I met a few pkmnhaters.

(I met him on a vacation)

(on msn)

dude: LOL, that's a Umbreon right? Whahah, pokemon is so stupid.
Me: eh. I thought you liked it? You played it on the vacation, Remember?
dude: Yes, but now I hate it!
Me: Ok... I guess...
dude: Loser.
Me: Huh.
Dude is offline...

Or a girl I met at school (A friend.)

girl: Well, aren't you too old for pokemon?
Me: Haha, no, there isn't a age for pokemon.
Girl: Well, my brother played it, and he hated it.

(I notice pokemon colleseum in her room.)

On msn:

Me: So you still think pokemon is childish?
girl: Yes.
me: Meet my online friends.

Adding her to a chat with all my online friends who all play pkmn.

Well, "Pokemon isn't childish anymore"

Chimchartrainer07

So, have any of you come across a Pokemon hater in real life? If so, dis you debate against him/her, or did you pretend to hate Pokemon too (bleh...)?

Well, today I came across one. I usually don't care, but this one decided to start attacking me for my interest in Pokemon, using the stupid "itz fur babiez" "argument" that almost all of them use.

It went something like this.

Me: *doing something Pokemon related because I was bored and there was a sub*
Hater: Are you having fun?
Me: *shrug*
Hater: Are those pokey-mon? (he loves to pronounce it that way...)
Me: Yeah.
Hater: Why do you like pokey-mon??? Don't you know how old you are?? People in middle school do not like pokey-mon.
Me: You've obviously never been on the internet.
Hater: Yes I do. I go on MySpace.
Me: MySpace is overrated.
Random girl: Yes, it is. Do you have one?
Me: Yeah, but I rarely use it. It's boring.
Hater: No it's nottt!!! Pokey-mans for little kids!
Me: There are tons of Pokemon sites with hundreds of fans older than me.
Hater: *ignoring my statement* Pokey-mon is for babies! Go anywhere and they'll thell you that! I could go to Mattawan... *starts naming off places*
Me: Then why are there so many Pokemon fans online? Besides, the DS games sold over a million in the first five days of its release.
Hater: They were all little kids.
Me: How do you know? So six year olds can afford $120 game systems?
Hater: Their parents buy them.
Me: Usually parents give their kids a cheap, affordable toy just to keep them occupied.
Hater: Yeah right. *Walks over to TWO people* See, these people don't like Pokey-mon! Nobody likes pokey-mon!
Me: There are thousands of fans of it on the internet.
Hater: *ignoring me AGAIN* I played it ONCE FIVE YEARS AGO and it was boring.
Me: Who would you trust, someone who's been a fan of something for over nine years, so someone who hasn't played it in five?
Hater: Because its fur babiez!!!11
Me: Ever heard of effort values? People often have to memorize mathematical formulas to master Pokemon. Can a five-year old do that?
Hater: Yup.
Me: A five year old can understand mathematical equations?
Hater: My cousin can.
Me: Okay, if she can, name one she knows.
Hater: WTF MY COUSIN IS A BOY
Me: Okay, he. Whatever.
Hater: *gets up* WUT DO U MEEN WUTEVER???
He also went on to say that Nintendo sucks, PlayStation is God and said the f-word several times. He ended up in the office with a referral by the end of the day.

;025;~EmeraldLeafBlade~;222;
Ah memories, I had the same problem I still do but my friends don't care they just think its funny I play the games and watch the show, but no one know that Im online talking about this stuff, my dad and sister are the biggest problem they tell me to grow up and crap like that and I come home and my dad is watching looney tunes, he says they're classics and nothing can beat them, but I say so you watching cartoons that you watched growing up and I watch the ones I watched growing up and you say Im immature. My sister well she's a bitc* she pisses me off to no end but then again she'll probably end up alone with five hundred cats, and when she dies the cats will eat her. Just ignore them or do like I do wait till they leave and then talk to your friends and make up ways you think hater's life and death will go for them.

MonferNOES!

Well they found out on my school that i like it, and they went like:
Him: "pokemon?"
Me: "..."
Him: "lol, i used to play that when i was little."
Other guy (to the first guy): "You still play that!? Your 16 guy! Grow up" (not reffering to me)
First guy (end of class): Hmm, now i want to go home and play pokemon on the computer"
Me: o_O

Everytime he walks past me he either says: "POKEMOON!?" or "DIGIMON!?" or "GANGSTA!" for... some reason o_O

Andywoo

Banned
So, have any of you come across a Pokemon hater in real life? If so, dis you debate against him/her, or did you pretend to hate Pokemon too (bleh...)?

Well, today I came across one. I usually don't care, but this one decided to start attacking me for my interest in Pokemon, using the stupid "itz fur babiez" "argument" that almost all of them use.

It went something like this.

Me: *doing something Pokemon related because I was bored and there was a sub*
Hater: Are you having fun?
Me: *shrug*
Hater: Are those pokey-mon? (he loves to pronounce it that way...)
Me: Yeah.
Hater: Why do you like pokey-mon??? Don't you know how old you are?? People in middle school do not like pokey-mon.
Me: You've obviously never been on the internet.
Hater: Yes I do. I go on MySpace.
Me: MySpace is overrated.
Random girl: Yes, it is. Do you have one?
Me: Yeah, but I rarely use it. It's boring.
Hater: No it's nottt!!! Pokey-mans for little kids!
Me: There are tons of Pokemon sites with hundreds of fans older than me.
Hater: *ignoring my statement* Pokey-mon is for babies! Go anywhere and they'll thell you that! I could go to Mattawan... *starts naming off places*
Me: Then why are there so many Pokemon fans online? Besides, the DS games sold over a million in the first five days of its release.
Hater: They were all little kids.
Me: How do you know? So six year olds can afford $120 game systems?
Hater: Their parents buy them.
Me: Usually parents give their kids a cheap, affordable toy just to keep them occupied.
Hater: Yeah right. *Walks over to TWO people* See, these people don't like Pokey-mon! Nobody likes pokey-mon!
Me: There are thousands of fans of it on the internet.
Hater: *ignoring me AGAIN* I played it ONCE FIVE YEARS AGO and it was boring.
Me: Who would you trust, someone who's been a fan of something for over nine years, so someone who hasn't played it in five?
Hater: Because its fur babiez!!!11
Me: Ever heard of effort values? People often have to memorize mathematical formulas to master Pokemon. Can a five-year old do that?
Hater: Yup.
Me: A five year old can understand mathematical equations?
Hater: My cousin can.
Me: Okay, if she can, name one she knows.
Hater: WTF MY COUSIN IS A BOY
Me: Okay, he. Whatever.
Hater: *gets up* WUT DO U MEEN WUTEVER???
He also went on to say that Nintendo sucks, PlayStation is God and said the f-word several times. He ended up in the office with a referral by the end of the day.

;025;~EmeraldLeafBlade~;222;

i found that quite funny actually. But most people who i know that hate pokemon hate it coz its 'old news

treespyro

Vintage much?
when someone brought a N64 to our Camp with Pokemon Stadium

The Whole Lodge was hooked

Anyway.. People hate things that other people like

E.g: I bet some people in this forum hate tekken, which i love

That is how life works and you can't do much except ignore it