• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Haters in Real Life

dragonblood

Giratina sees ALL.
Nearly everyone in my class hates pokemon, primarily because they are going through the stage where if something doesn't have "blood, violence, swearing, and or sexual content, it is gay and for babies."

Also, if you suck at strategy and the such, you also think that games like pokemon are "Gay and for babies."

Leaving most middle school and or high school students hating pokemon.
Simple. :)

Ladnek

Can't touch this!
*Pokemon hater sees me playing pokemon*
Hater: You're an idiot, you know that?
Me: Please, it's annoying when you come up to people and talk to yourself.

yhyiannis

Cosmic Sea
I've come across one of these haters but it was just some guy that everyone in the grade hates (including me).
He started saying stuff to me and I started retorting just like usual.
This was an everyday thing, and was where my classmates and I got some of the laughter from during the day since he would usually contradict himself.
Anyways people in my class know I like Pokemon (he actually liked Pokemon as well haha) and he started trying to make fun of it because I had "crossed the line" in making fun of him :D.
I don't know which words I can't say so I'll just censor most of the insults)
Here's the conversation:
Him: Yeah well you like Pokemon!
Me: So do you reta*d
Him: Yeah well you bought one of the new games.
Me: And your point is? You were the one who said you might even buy it.
Him: Yeah well I was joking, it's a gay game and whoever plays it is gay.
Me: So you're calling yourself gay?
Him: NO! I'm calling you gay because you play Pokemon.
Me: Fine then... I'm the gay one because I like Pokemon and have a girlfriend while you aren't gay because you like Pokemon and all the girls are scared of you so you've never had a girlfriend. Deal?
*He walks away grumbling about me being gay while my friends and I just laugh at him.*

It's funny how haters always seem to contradict themselves :D

Chansey hunter

Expert Photoshopist
I find it funny when somebody comes up to me and says "wats dat u playin?" and I reply "pokemon." and they say "Isn't dat da gam wit pekachu ins it?" and I say "yes" they say "oh dats stoopid ha ha" and then they walk off.

Metal Force

o^_^o PWNZOME
when someone brought a N64 to our Camp with Pokemon Stadium

The Whole Lodge was hooked

Anyway.. People hate things that other people like

E.g: I bet some people in this forum hate tekken, which i love

That is how life works and you can't do much except ignore it
I love Tekken but I hate Anna *gasp* (/no offense)..anyway back on topic, yeah you have a point everyone hates and loves something, but it's some Pokemon haters/non-fans tease us Pokemon fans..

yhyiannis

Cosmic Sea
I love Tekken but I hate Anna *gasp* (/no offense)..anyway back on topic, yeah you have a point everyone hates and loves something, but it's some Pokemon haters/non-fans tease us Pokemon fans..

But some of them end up teasing themselves in the end don't they? :p
It just depends on how they do it and how you react I guess.

Metal Force

o^_^o PWNZOME
But some of them end up teasing themselves in the end don't they? :p
It just depends on how they do it and how you react I guess.
They can shout "Pikaaaachuuu" all day like I care...it's just that it's annoying.

eonmaster_457

Cryptozoologist, you're a big piece of garbage and I hope you get your karma in due time. (resisting big words, don't want infractions)

I did, in a China tour for us Filipinos. Some Christian approached me from our group after seeing me buy Pokemon Special in a bookstore and started preaching about the "bad" effects of Pokemon.

But I can see Cryptozoologist is being a Pokemon hating bullcrap these days.
And I don't hate Christians. Just the way they discriminate. Bah!

EDIT::

We're almost in the same situation yhyiannis, except for the girlfriend part. (Too young to have one)

Last edited:

Hive Mind

Is not a GIRL
At my school Pokemon playing is pathologically ignored. Except for the staff, of course.

yhyiannis

Cosmic Sea
They can shout "Pikaaaachuuu" all day like I care...it's just that it's annoying.

If they're annoying to you, then you be annoying to them.
Simple... yet effective ;)

We're almost in the same situation yhyiannis, except for the girlfriend part. (Too young to have one)

Awesome, keep up the good work man.
Just keep talking back and beating them :p
(Not with the girlfriend,anymore but you'll have one sooner or later ;) )

Colonel Pokemon

Fire Pokemon Trainer
Wow this guy sounds like an Idiot, every Pokemon player I have every come across has always been smarter than the rest thats just my take. I recently just got back to playing Pokemon and I love it more than anything. Oh and now I feel stupid for pronouncing it "Pokey-mon" I guess thats just how people have been saying it around here.

buttbug

Zephyr Trainer
I've never met a hater before, just people who actually found the game interesting, too. ^^

Only 'hater' I know was someone in my Guild in an other online game, but he bought the game for his son and got addicted himself later... :p

Menx

How come people who hate Pokemon always say it's 'Gay'. Why can't thay at least give a proper reasion why thay hate it. Like for example I hate Digimon but I don't go around saying it's 'Gay' I give a reasion why I hate it. I hate Digimon because it is a Pokemon knock off.

eonmaster_457

It's why we Pokemon supporters are special: We're sane and we have taken anger management classes. (pun)

Fire Type King

Leave luck to Heaven
My secret life... ... ...

I've played Pokemon since I was about 4/5years old and continue buying the games. One of my other friends who plays pokemon (at a different school full of chavs) started saying -

Friend:"Please don't tell anyone we both play Pokemon..."
Me: Why not?
Friend: I still like it but it's embarrasing when other people find out...

So I still love & play pokemon games but I keep it on the low profile only telling my best best best friends - or pokemon fans.
This is because, there are these guys `n` girls @ school who generally aren't popular (not because they play pokemon). But when other people catch them playin' they pick on them.
So I keep it on the hush hush and act as if I hate Pokemon(one of the worst crimes I've ever commited) and ignore it when people pick on other kids.
I'll just say; "leave it out,I'm sure you've played lame games like Mario and kiddy playstation games B4." but I try not to make it seem like I'm stickin' up for them.

Hater: Pokemon is gay because it's more than ten years old.
Me: Are you over ten years old?
Hater: Yes.
Me: There you go.
Legendary Come-back!!
Sweet move, but can you come up for a come-back for this one?

Hater: Pokemon is gay coz it's for babies!

If so , let me know!

yhyiannis

Cosmic Sea
This is because, there are these guys `n` girls @ school who generally aren't popular (not because they play pokemon). But when other people catch them playin' they pick on them.
So I keep it on the hush hush and act as if I hate Pokemon(one of the worst crimes I've ever commited) and ignore it when people pick on other kids.
I'll just say; "leave it out,I'm sure you've played lame games like Mario and kiddy playstation games B4." but I try not to make it seem like I'm stickin' up for them.

I kind of find that a bit low to leave them to getting picked on but it must be a pretty bad situation at your school if you're afraid to stand up to them.
If it was me I'd stand up to them, but that's just me, and people like me at school so it just depends on the situation I guess.

Legendary Come-back!!
Sweet move, but can you come up for a come-back for this one?

Hater: Pokemon is gay coz it's for babies!

If so , let me know!

You're just jealous because your two gay dads are gay and can't have babies.
You could try that one out :D

The way you people talk about how misunderstood you are because of your preferences, and how everyone who for whatever reason dislikes your preferences are idiots makes me think of the Pokephilia club.

Sadib

Time Lord Victorious
One time I was walking on the highway while playing my Pokémon Crystal, and there was this kid who said that Pokémon was for babies. So I pushed him off the highway. He hit the concrete hard, and then there was a Honda that hit him. I quickly fled the scene. It was reported as a suicide. Isn't that great?

Cuthrout

to be honest you can play what you like it's a free country,(this is all countries except china becuase thats all communist) so yeah id tell him that you like it and that if its what you like you will keep playing. trust me i have played the games since they came out years ago and im 16 now and i still love em.