• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon HeartGold Battle Frontier Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny Espeon0429

Hey Everyone, I've had some success with the Battle Frontier in Platinum and I thought I'd raise a team for HeartGold.

I only have two pokemon at the moment, so any advice for a third for be appreciated. Please tell me what you think of Latios and Dragonite.

Thanks!

;381; Latios (Timid/Modest) @Soul Dew
Levitate
252 SpA/252 Spd/4 SpD
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Psychic

;149; Dragonite (Adamant) @Leftovers/Lum Berry
Inner Focus
252 Att/252 Spd/4 HP
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Punch

Please tell me what you think and can you help me with the nature of Latios and the Item of Dragonite. Also, Do you have any advice for a third pokemon? Thanks!

Purple_Tangrowth

A DRUM, A DRUM!...
I know that both of those pokemon are very strong and cool but oviously out of three pokemon, you will have a x4 ice weakness fior both pokemon as well as rock and dragon weaknesses. I would recomment switching out of of those pokemon.

Dragonite@Life Orb
Adamant
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake
-Roost
-Dragon Claw
Roost is to recover the damage from LO. If you don't wanna be using roost, replace it with fire punch and use leftovers as your item.

Dragonite@Leftovers
Adamant
-Dragon Claw
-Substitute
-Dragon Dance
-Roost
This is more of a battle tower set if you are planning to get closer to one hundred. I don't know if that is your goal but if so, go with this dragonite set.

Also, give us some pokemon that you have in mind for the third one and tell us witch pokemon you wanna switch out (dragonite or latios) in this very unbalanced team.

Shiny Espeon0429

My goal is to get all of the colour prints. I'm not sure about the last one. I chose Latias as a Special based pokemon and Dragonite as a Physical based pokemon. My last pokemon I agree should be electric/fire/fighting or something that can combat ice. I like the idea of a fighting pokemon as it can tackle rocks as well.

Also, I guess that Dragonite would be my opening pokemon.

Last edited:

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
Try Electivire...

Electivire@??
Ability:Motor Drive

-Cross Chop/Brick Break
-Bulk Up
-Thunderbolt/Discharge
-Fire Punch

There's a combination can that will fight against your Latios' and Dragonite's weaknesses of Rock (Brick Break), Ice (Fire Punch), and you just might need some STAB (Thunderbolt). I don't know about the item, though (Hint*-I'm not good at giving items)

Shiny Espeon0429

^

I have a question - Is Electivire more Attack based or special attack based. Just because Thunderpunch could be a better option than Discharge/Thunderbolt due to it being physical.

Apart from that I really like the idea of Electivire. Thanks!

Purple_Tangrowth

A DRUM, A DRUM!...
Electrive should be more attacked base but it doesn't hurt to use a mixed one!

Electrive@Leftovers
Rash/Adamant
-Earthquake
-Thunder Bolt/Thunder Punch
-Brick Break
-Ice Punch
I'm sure that a big move like earthquake will be able to take out an ice type so you shouldn't need fire punch. Instead, ice punch for it's own weakness which is ground type.

Mr155555

My Team Is
Feraligatr lv.100
EQ
Surf
Ice Beam
Superpower

Ampharos lv.89
T Bolt
T Wave
Charge Beam
Thunder