• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
The Odd Egg - can you obtain it at all? If not, can you get Magby/Elekid/Smoochum at all in the game [before E4]?

JD

I Have a question I dont have the game yet but its shipping soon I heard bugsy and whitney are hard are they really?

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
I Have a question I dont have the game yet but its shipping soon I heard bugsy and whitney are hard are they really?
You can find their teams on the main site.
It really depends on your team. Bugsy isn't too bad, you just have to watch out for Scyther's Fury Cutter. Whitney has thankfully for some, been de-levelled. Though many trainers still fear her Rollout Miltank, it should be that smidge easier now =]

smartie

If you have Cyndaquill, bugsy should be easy. But there is no fighting pokemon early in the game, so that makes Whitney harder. Also Pidgey and Hoothoot make Bugsy easier.

JD

Yeah Im picking chiikorita so bugsy might be challenging Im going to get a hoot hoot though and evolve it to noctowl fast to make things easy and is vulpix or growlithe available early?

smartie

Machop is available before Whitney! It's a trade in Goldenrod.

Also, Falkner is hard because of the healing move Pidgeotto knows! I made me crazy :'( .

Zelionax

I'm in dire need of the evolution stones. Any idea how to get Fire and Thunder Stones? My Growlithe and Jolteon need evolving.

Also, anyone knows where the move tutor is? The dude who helps your Pokemon recall moves from previous levels.

Grassmen

Novice Breeder
How is the game if you know no Japanese? I feel a bit odd even considering it, but I might get this game even though I won't understand a word of what's being said :D

mario_128

How is the game if you know no Japanese? I feel a bit odd even considering it, but I might get this game even though I won't understand a word of what's being said :D

thats what im doing

mockingjay

swift and lol
Just in 30 minutes of the game- should I catch a Caterpie and train it to Butterfree or not? The game is awfully like the old, I was hoping for a little change. Like the new designs for the PokeMart and stuff though. x3 Is it just me or is the game just constantly freezing? It's happening with my friends too.

Harukacchi

Ready Go!

It's not all that difficult to enjoy the game anyway. There are, after all, pictures next to the items, you can see the type of each move, etc. so even if you can't read Japanese, there's no need to worry about it too much. The game's still tons of fun. :D

Goldliop

Powerplay Champion
Where can I find growlithe?

BLADEDGE

loves a puzzle
Is it possible to select another pokemon in your party (Other than the first slot) to follow you?

Turak

I did that with diamond when it came out. It was perfectly playable, I just lost the advantage of knowing what Pokemon the trainers are sending out next. This time I understand enough that I can read the names of the Pokemon, so it is a bit easier. As someone else said, there are pictures next to the items when you buy them and when they are in your bag, so that isn't a problem. The hardest thing is knowing what to do next, though an old gold or silver walkthrough will probably help with that.

AyameHikaru

Alt-Reality User
The Odd Egg - can you obtain it at all? If not, can you get Magby/Elekid/Smoochum at all in the game [before E4]?

Odd egg isn't in, or if it is we haven't found it yet. IIRC, magmar's still in burned tower, so you can get magby. I dunno about the other two, I haven't come across them.

slowkingsley

Where is move relearner and stuff like 4th gen evolution stones?

The Move Relearner is in a house in Blackthorn. The same house has a person who is the move deleter, a person who is the Draco Meteor tutor and a person who is the Elemental Hyper Beam tutor.

I believe it is the same location of the move deleter in the original GSC. Yuo require a heart scale for the move relearner. I don't have any yet though :(

Could anyone tell me where is exactly located the machine part, because I'm gonna turn crazy, I used the object finder in the gym but no way of finding it... If you have a screen I would be very happy

Status
Not open for further replies.