• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver Shiny Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nekoakuma

Event Hunter
i hatched a shiny pidgey last week and now i just hatched a shiny squirtle. O_O

..now i bet i'll never see another shiny in my game after that.

pelican

Coral Eye Trainer
My new shiny on my last heart gold game from Japan :
2644766376_small_1.jpg

Korinza

I'm just starting to soft reset a Shiny starter, not really fussed about which one. When it comes out in Europe I will go for a Shiny Cyndaquill (If I didn't get one on the jap one) or just a good Nature with decent IVs

About 45mins so far and no luck heh.

Zilpo the Armaldo

Nichibotsu is mine!
Heck yeah!!! After 3 days of SRing, with a grand total of 1,240 SRs I got my first SS shiny! My new Ho-oh, Nichibotsu(Sunset)!!! He's Modest too! My god, he's even holding Sacred Ash!

I'm insanely excited right now, I'll edit pics in when my camera decides it'll download the pics.

w0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000t!!!

Sarracenia

Pokémagpie Zog
Look who I caught.

rayquazadex.jpg

Awwwright. Took two evenings. I actually dived onto the floor with my fist clenched when I saw him appear. :D

Not giving any details on the nature and IVs... but I'll just say he's got the nature I wanted and is basically tri-flawless. A truly excellent Rayquaza. I've already EVed him and have named him Hakuchyou, which means Cygnus. As in, Cygnus X-1 the black hole. If you know how I theme my nicknames (some of my pokémon with the same nickname theme have appeared in some pretty important places) then you may know what plans I have in store for him.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
This evening in HG I finally got a shiny Suicune to appear after 6024 SR... but thanks to my stupidity I ended up KO'ing it. >__<

I weakened it with my Sceptile's false swipe, and then for some reason I sent out my Darkrai to put it to sleep with hypnosis, and shiny Suicune ended up fainting due to Darkrai's 'bad dreams' ability.

I took a picture of it appearing though: the shiny Suicune that was almost mine

Now I'm SR'ing again. Currently at 6300 SR.

suirei

i got SS in 15th and catched a adamant execcgute lvl13 in 21th while searching a pineco ‰pŒê‚ª‚¿‚å‚Á‚Æ‹êŽè...

Faster

I randomly found a shiny raticate, how exciting, a shiny with little difference from the original. Though this is my first 4th gen shiny and the first time I've gotten a shiny on my first play through.

Takoyaki

Is there a PokeRadar?

I hope that this is not off topic, but I would like to know can you use the PokeRadar in HG and SS or can you only catch shinnies by chance?

bippacooleth

Quiver Dance=Success
I hope that this is not off topic, but I would like to know can you use the PokeRadar in HG and SS or can you only catch shinnies by chance?

There is no pokeradar in the game so it is chance now :S

Sarracenia

Pokémagpie Zog

So the RNG abuse method is no longer viable?
No it's not. If I remember rightly it's impossible actually. From what I've read about it I got the impression that the frames advance at 60/s like in Emerald or the Delay screen. And of course there are no pokétch apps. So yeah consider it busted.

Ammako

No it's not. If I remember rightly it's impossible actually. From what I've read about it I got the impression that the frames advance at 60/s like in Emerald or the Delay screen. And of course there are no pokétch apps. So yeah consider it busted.
No. The RNG is just like D/P/Pt's one.
If it isn't, it certainly is not the same as Emerald.

Takoyaki

There is no pokeradar in the game so it is chance now :S

I can't believe it, no PokéRadar! I feel that the game is incomplete. Surely there must be some other features to get shiny Pokémon?

Heart Gold and Soul Silver are quite revolutionary as Game Freaks have finally admitted that Shiny (Different colour) Pokémon actually exist. Not only that, they have given away shiny Pokémon at events, you can catch a shiny Gyarados
130_gyarados_1_m.png
in the game and when your shiny Pokémon are walking alongside you, you can see that their colour is different.
Why add all these new features into the game and then say “Oh, by the way you can’t catch shinnies in this game”. It doesn’t make sense.

When I finish Hear Gold, I might go back to Platinum again :D

Takoyaki

I assume you can still use the "Masuda Method" though, right?

~The Head Honchkrow~

The Masuda method is probably the best way to go about getting shinnies in Heart Gold and Soul Silver, as with soft resetting you always get a 1/8192 chance. With the Masuda method you get a 1/2048 chance.

The only problem is, you need two DS’s with two games of different languages, or be lucky enough to get the Pokémon from the GTS or friend. I suppose that with the new filter for Heart Gold and Soul Silver where you can search for whatever country you would be quite advantageous.

Here is a short guide from Bulbapedia;

If an egg is hatched from a Pokémon received from a game originating from a language other than the language of the player's cartridge, the chances of hatching a shiny Pokémon from that egg increase. As an example, if English-language players managed to obtain a Vileplume from a Japanese language game, then the resulting Oddish has an increased rate of being shiny.

It will not work if both Pokémon are from the same foreign language, even if it is a different language from the game; or if the player uses one of his or her own Pokémon and the Meister's Magikarp (which can be obtained in every copy of Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum as in in-game trade. This is because the Magikarp has been generated on the same game as the player's Pokémon.

Last edited:

Synn

Female Dragon Tamer
I remember in the original Gold I had a shiny Spinarak but never reslised it was a shiny, i just thought it was a fancy colour, but it's gone now anyway TT.TT (I was 7/8 years old)

Sarracenia

Pokémagpie Zog
No. The RNG is just like D/P/Pt's one.
If it isn't, it certainly is not the same as Emerald.

The RNG's the same as R/S/E/FR/LG/D/P/Pt obviously, but people are saying that the IRNG advances like the 3rd gen's at 60fps. HG/SS advances in different ways anyway. The only advancements that are the same are the walking ones, and even then there's also been an added offset if you have a synchchronizer with you.

So uh... yeah. It works differently. Notice how nobody's been able to get a shiny egg yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.