• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver Shiny Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SapphireSwampert

Worldend Dominator
I never thought I would post in this thread again. :'D
Spr_4h_010_s.png

Male, Bold Nature, Level 6, Nicknamed Rook
I was looking for a female Budew today using Sinnoh Sound in the Ilex Forest, when this little burger came up. Caught in a Friend Ball, too. Evolved him right after after. Now he's a manly pink-winged Butterfree. >D

Waffles

WACKY DELLY YEAH
I never thought I would post in this thread again. :'D
Spr_4h_010_s.png

Male, Bold Nature, Level 6, Nicknamed Rook
I was looking for a female Budew today using Sinnoh Sound in the Ilex Forest, when this little burger came up. Caught in a Friend Ball, too. Evolved him right after after. Now he's a manly pink-winged Butterfree. >D

So goddamn jealous. I had one in my Original Japanese Gold, but I lost it due to internal battery death. That and my shiny Tangela.

SupremeJudicator

Still gotta catch 'em all!
Hey over on the pokewalker thread they're saying that if you have just the right OT and SID it is possible to catch a shiny on the pokewalker; with a 1/32 chance to boot! I was wondering if anyone has come across one on their pokewalker yet?

lucario99

Red is pure awesome
I don't think it's a bad thing to find a shiny Gyarados besides the LoR one. Everyone who looks at its stat screen and its found location would know that it wasn't the 1/1 one from Lake of Rage.

On the other hand, if you found a 1/8192 shiny Gyarados in the Lake of Rage at the same level the Red Gyarados was..... >o>

And ignore the feller. People who whinge like that are only seeking attention.
(some people also don't realise shiny hunting is all about luck...)

I'm going on huge catching sprees and item hunts currently, on my SoulSilver. I'm hoping for another random shiny (hopefully not another Sinnoh shiny, since it IS a Kanto/Johto game), though any shiny would be nice.

Yeah i guess your right :p
Good luck with your catching spree heres to hoping you get a shiny

h20 is not water!!!

Electivire is cool
so on my way to catch the shiny Gyarados in the lake of rage i find a shiny gira***ig
its is a male the nature is modest
not bad for only 8 hours of game play

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Hey over on the pokewalker thread they're saying that if you have just the right OT and SID it is possible to catch a shiny on the pokewalker; with a 1/32 chance to boot! I was wondering if anyone has come across one on their pokewalker yet?

I haven't come across a shiny in the Walker. I've met at least 2000 Pokemon so far and no shinies I'm afraid.

Sarracenia

Pokémagpie Zog
I haven't come across a shiny in the Walker. I've met at least 2000 Pokemon so far and no shinies I'm afraid.
You can only get a shiny from there with the right ID/SID combination to make any of the (iirc) 32 different PIDs you can get from the Pokéwalker shiny. Though I guess there's one particular PID which is better than the others.

I'm actually seriously considering RNG abusing my ID to one for a sweet shiny Surfchu or something now, lol.

Poke_Cannon

Beck is my boy'

YES!!!
It finally happened. I spent a month or so on a shiny Cyndaquil.. and decided that I just couldn't go any longer.. it just wasn't worth it.

So as I went on with my regular Cyndaquil.. I was just doing my routine route battling, and about to get a Mareep before I go to the gym, etc like I always do.

After about 10 Pokemon, This beautiful.. COTTON CANDY FLUFF comes out!

I was in such shock.. but I knew that it should be pretty easy to catch with just a quick pound from Cyndaquil. Amazingly, I bought a heal ball earlier, and it's like it was fate.. because the heal ball looks so good with it.

Caught, and now a great partner with me and Cyndaquil.
179.png

http://i33.*******.com/jzceg1.jpg

I caught it at level 6, and I got access to a camera/computer at level 13 lol.

My OT is 39038. Although there was no luck for me with a shiny starter.. i guess it's a pretty lucky OT for a shiny random encounter.

I'm hoping maybe it's a sign for other shinies to come? Don't quote me on that lol.

But yes!!! Finally a shiny!

ijea4444

Every OT has the same chance(so to speak) of having a shiny. The only thing "Lucky" was that you were at the right place at the right time.

LoneStarAkira

+1 cookie for troll
Just to make sure that I'm doing this right for starters...
You save in front of the three pokeballs right?
After 3 days of SRing... I think I'm doing something wrong.

You're doing it right. All you need to do is save directly in front of the Pokeballs, and each SR, scroll across the three starters to check if they're shiny or not, since their shinyness is set as you go into the selection screen, not after you've actually obtained the Pokemon.

Haha. My shiny Cyndaquil is Level 25 and I haven't evolved him. n.n

Poke_Cannon

Beck is my boy'
You're doing it right. All you need to do is save directly in front of the Pokeballs, and each SR, scroll across the three starters to check if they're shiny or not, since their shinyness is set as you go into the selection screen, not after you've actually obtained the Pokemon.

Haha. My shiny Cyndaquil is Level 25 and I haven't evolved him. n.n

lol that was my plan if i ever got the shiny cyndaquil.. but now.. i just have a level 20 cyndaquil instead. but yea.. i dont want to evolve the cute little guy.

dont do it!

extremhyper

i just ordered the game from japan :D hope i will understand some thing. i just can't wait until it comes to europe XD

SupremeJudicator

Still gotta catch 'em all!
hey for event pokemon is shininess decided when it's downloaded from wifi, or when it's picked up from the delivery man? So in other words, if I save in front of the delivery man and SR can I actually get a shiny?

MetaPheonixPal

hey for event pokemon is shininess decided when it's downloaded from wifi, or when it's picked up from the delivery man? So in other words, if I save in front of the delivery man and SR can I actually get a shiny?

Event Pokemon? Like the Mew you download and get from the delivery guy?
No you cannot SR for the shiny forms of event Pokemon given to you by the delivery man person

Last edited:

Dragonking

All the event pokemon where you get the actual pokemon are made to never be shiny. Only when event items like the Membership Card or Azure Flute that unlock areas where certain Event pokemon rest can they be shiny.

Every OT has the same chance(so to speak) of having a shiny. The only thing "Lucky" was that you were at the right place at the right time.

Only to make things clearer to whoever is reading this thread, ijea is right, any ID/SID combination will have the same chances of finding shinies in RSE, FRLG, DPPt and HGSS. The Pokewalker, however, works differently, as it appears to have only 256 possible PIDs (out of the 4294967296 possible PIDs on the main games, IIRC), and they're all at the same range. That means that there are only a few ID/SID combinations (out of, again, 4294967296 possible combinations) that can return you a shiny Pokéwalker pokémon. If you have, one, however, your chances of finding a shiny there will be 3.125% (1/32).

Poke_Cannon

Beck is my boy'
Yes! Finally!

Oh My God! Here It Is!

155.png

As many know, I've been searching for the illusive pokemon known as the Shiny Cyndaquil.

I've SR'd for over a month, and I gave up all hope. Even started a new game with a regular cyndaquil.. only to have my game file be messed up somehow.[I caught a Shiny Mareep too, wtf lol]

So with myself being forced to start over, I decided to give Shiny Hunting another chance, hoping for my precious Cyndaquil I've been searching for for so long.

I spent around 2 days on it before today, and when I woke up.. my mindset was, "Let's get this day of SRing over with." Pretty much convincing myself it will never show up. Although I just awoke, and my eyes still glazed.. I pressed on.

Not even 10 SR's into the day, and it came.. I couldn't believe it.. but what looked back at me, was one of the greatest things I've ever seen.

I was so in shock, and nervous of any little thing going wrong.. I didn't worry about a picture until I made sure I got to save Lol. But Yes! Yes! Yes!

http://i37.*******.com/vpvpn6.jpg

http://i38.*******.com/1570vaa.jpg

http://i36.*******.com/21015bs.jpg

Laprasfan

I caught a shiny Bibarel (of all things -.-) this evening, was very much not expecting it. Regardless, it's a nice unexpected discovery.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.