• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver Shiny Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutty

Forever now
i just found the shiny that i want! it's a red Gyarados!
wait we get it for real in the game, no random encounter?!
well i'll be darned...
:p

I got an adamant Gyarados from it. My syncher worked (I had to reset a few times of course, lol). Prolly gonna use it in another game.

OmniRo

Banned
I just found a shiny Pikachu!

I am a lucky guy,aren't I!!

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
I got a Random Shiny Magicarp the other day surfing to fight Red Garados. Go figure.

neal-b

Team Rocket 4ever
At last

Hey shiny fans after what seems like ages I finally got my Shiny Ho-oh.

Shiny%20Ho-oh.jpg

Shiny%20Ho-oh%20(1).jpg

It is a Adamant nature so my mew sync. worked.

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
I just found a shiny Pikachu!

I am a lucky guy,aren't I!!

that's cool. :) now you'll have that and that pikachu-colored-pichu.
so bonus :D

Cutty

Forever now

Shiny%20Ho-oh.jpg

Shiny%20Ho-oh%20(1).jpg

Hey, congratz! I'm still struggling to SR to get my own shiny Ho-oh in HG.
Hopefully soon. But I just got my consolidation prize in my Platinum w/ shiny spiritomb (read the details in 4th gen shiny discussion thread).
Kinda lucky I guess, with 2 SR shinies in one month, Heatran n Spiritomb (but still hard work).
No RNG of course, just have too much time in my hand to waste :x

I'm thinking of restarting my jap pearl n soft resetting to get a shiny starter.
So I'll have another chance to get SR shiny besides Ho-oh.

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies

Shiny%20Ho-oh.jpg

Shiny%20Ho-oh%20(1).jpg

wow, congrats! i'm trying to go for lugia. it's been awhile, but no luck yet...

neal-b

Team Rocket 4ever
Wow, awesome! Do you know how many Soft Resets it took?
Sorry I don't know many SR it took because I don't count them when I'm SR but this shiny took 3 weeks and 3 days to get. (I was not SR 24 hours a day just 3-4 hours.)

Last edited:

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
P1080313.jpg

Latios shone today! n___n

It took 7905 SR in total. And my synchroniser worked, so he's Timid natured. Yay! Early Christmas present for me. ^.^

Since I'm planning on restarting Heart Gold again (and going for another shiny starter/downloading another Enigma Crystal) I decided not to bother tryin to weaken shiny Latios and just used up my last master ball on him.

I checked out his IV's, too. They're pretty bad, except for his sp.att... and attack.
Latios, Timid nature
HP: 5 - 7
Att: 28 - 29
Def: 18 - 19
SpA: 20 - 22
SpD: 10 - 12
Speed: 5 - 7

I have to say that shiny Latios' sprite looks really beautiful when it's following you around. *stares* Pretty green dragon. Must think of a good nickname. *_*

And also... Shiny Latios video

Good luck everybody. And congrats on new shinies.

ijea4444

Oh great job. I want to reset for a shiny Latias or Latios, but since roamers are harder, I might just SR only for the enigma ones in both my HGSS lol. Kudos lol.

Cutty

Forever now
Big time! My turn!

Embrace yourself ppl for my shiny yellow turkey! aka Ho-oh (I look it that way :x).
It appeared when I was... when I was softresetting of course. It shined after 5409 freakin' boring resets (18 days in total). It had to shine of course, 5409 is quite a goddamn number, at least 4 me.

shinyOH1.jpg

I let it killed my Ralts syncher first, then I paralyzed it w/ my Ampharos, before owned it w/ my masterball.

shinyOH3.jpg

shinyOH5.jpg

Apparently, I don't think my timid syncher worked. It has a naughty nature, doesn't it?

shinyOH6.jpg

These are teh stats.

shinyOH4.jpg

Me & my ugly yellow turkey in front of its tower.

What a bless this month 4 me. Now I'm moving forward to finish the game. After elite 4, my next target will be either shiny Suicune or Lugia.
EV training again to face the elite 4. BORING.

Congratz to everyone else's new shinies & good luck.

Last edited:

Roknar

But it's better than drinking alone
Embrace yourself ppl for my shiny yellow turkey! aka Ho-oh (I look it that way :x).
It appeared when I was... when I was softresetting of course. It shined after 5409 freakin' boring resets (18 days in total). It had to shine of course, 5409 is quite a goddamn number, at 4 me.

shinyOH1.jpg

I let it killed my Ralts syncher first, then I paralyzed it w/ my Ampharos, before owned it w/ my masterball.

shinyOH3.jpg

shinyOH3.jpg

shinyOH5.jpg

Apparently, I don't think my timid syncher worked. It has a naughty nature, doesn't it?

shinyOH6.jpg

These are teh stats.

shinyOH4.jpg

Me & my ugly yellow turkey in front of its tower.

What a bless this month 4 me. Now I'm moving forward to finish the game. After elite 4, my next target will be either shiny Suicune or Lugia.
EV training again to face the elite 4. BORING.

Congratz to everyone else's new shinies & good luck.

Great job! Good for you, I could never have lasted 18 Days! You deserve it, have fun with the Ho-oh. :D

leaderfraser

Snakes are cool!
One of the three Electrodes that you have to fight in the Rocket hideout was shiny for me, yey I'm so happy! :)

Lunafloon

Shiny Hunter
Oh My Gosh!

Story Time! After months of no shiny hunting I decided to restart HeartGold and soft reset for a starter but after only 10 SR I realized I wasnt motivated at all so came here looking for motivation.
After reading 2 pages I decided not to waste any precious SR time and soft reset while I read.
So I get out my elastic band prepared for a long session of soft resetting and whats the second Pokemon I see when I turn the game on? A brown Cyndaquil ^-^

He's called Marmi (short for Marmite which wouldnt fit) and Im afraid I dont have a nature to tell you as I dont read Japanese...

I've never been to this board and Im barely even on Serebii but I just got so excited. :D
Happy Hunting everyone <3
Best late christmas present everr!

Edit: Just checked online and he's Gentle, which I'm happy with, could be worse. :3

Last edited:

Sarracenia

Pokémagpie Zog
latiosdex.jpg

I got him the day the event came out (lucky lol), and am somewhat impressed with his stats. I can't remember exactly but he's timid and has max speed, and I think 29 in sp att. I named him Musooka- "Dreamer".

Bunface

Jewel Runner
Holy crap, I have to salute you guys for your determination. People are like "After just 2,000 SR's and three days of searching, I've got a shiny Totodile!". I'm like :| wth, I could never do that. :). I've only ever got one shiny, despite playing Pokemon since back in the day with Red and Blue. It was on Fire Red, a shiny Paras caught in the Safari Zone. About as much useful death to a hypochondriac. If I get HG/SS I may SR until I get a shiny starter (and why is it called soft resetting? Turning your game off and on 2,000 times is hardly soft. :D)

does Soft Resetting count as cheating or glitching? cause i dont wana glitch my game once i get it

Status
Not open for further replies.