• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon HG/SS Shiny Spirtes (And overworlds too)

DanChimchar

Friends are Diamonds
Hey everyone. So On July 11th I thought I would go ahead and rip the picture of Chikorita from Serebii.net on the HG/SS pictures so credits to Serebii :) After a while I got Chikorita out of it's background. So I thought hmm what can I do with this now, so I took the Shiny D/P/Pt Chikorita and took the colors and added them to the HG/SS sprite. After a while I did more and more and more. Now I'm going to post all the one's I did and soon I will rip (take a thing out of it's background) more and more stuff as more pictures are shown. I will soon be ripping Gold/Soul/Gym Leaders/Pokemon walking and standing still and stuff. If you get a High Quality picture of HG/SS with a sprite or overworld then send it to me and I'll rip it and add it here. I ripped and made all these shiny, all credit goes to me and Serebii for the original sprite. If you want to use these pictures in your signature Vm or Pm me and ask and I'll say yes or no. If you do want to use these remember to give me credit and ask 1st! So here are some I made shiny and ripped. P.S The 1st sprite is the original one I ripped then next is the Shiny one or in Gyarados's case the second one is the original color. Also I put in some of my works for the heck of it :)

Chikorita & Shiny Chikorita
chika.gif

Cyndaquil & Shiny Cyndaquil
cynda.gif

Totodile & Shiny Totodile
toto.gif

Mareep & Shiny Mareep
mareep.gif

Male Pikachu & Shiny Male Pikachu
pika_male2214430105-iaza.gif

Female Pikachu & Shiny Female Pikachu
pika_female2934695549-iaza.gif

I edited the tail myself.

Shiny Male Gyarados & Male Gyarados
gyarados_male.gif

Changing the Shiny Gyarados to Normal was one of the hardest sprite changing/editing I have ever had to do. Also I had to fix his next and cover up the shiny sparkles on him. So yes one very hard job.

Shiny Female Gyarados & Female Gyarados
gyarados_female-1.gif

Changing the Shiny Gyarados to Normal was one of the hardest sprite changing/editing I have ever had to do. Also I had to fix his next and cover up the shiny sparkles on her. Yet changing the barbels to white was easy. So yes one very hard job.

Trainer Sprites

Gold Backsprite
Gold_backsprite.gif

There's two different backsprite, due to his hair, hat and backpack. So I put up both.

Silver Trainer Sprite
Silver.gif

Random Kid Trainer
RT.gif

Overworlds

Eusine
That_guy.gif

Team Rocket Grunts (Two Girls at the Bottom)
Rocket_ppl.gif

My Works

First time at making Pokemon Posers
Posers4705239844-iaza.gif

Custom Trainers
Trainerz_ppl8873277336-iaza.gif

The Boy is ment to be me with my favorite shirt and Me in a Contest Outfit. The other is ment to be Reka (Spelling) From Bleach with different clothes and a contest dress based on Infi from the 11th Movie.
More to come soon don't steal my stuff unless I say you can, but if I do give me credits. It took me a very long time to color these into shiny/normal and to rip them. Also tell me what you liked what I should work on and which one is my best. Thanks

Last edited:

joerachi

The Blazing Tempest
Whats the male and female Gyrados difference? the whiskers?

DanChimchar

Friends are Diamonds
Awesome 0=
I could never do something like this Dx

Chikoritas new pose is cute <3
Thanks, and yes it is cute :3

Whats the male and female Gyrados difference? the whiskers?

Yes. We'll really the "whiskers" are called barbels but who cares :p But for some reason the normal colored Gyarados whisker colors got transparent with the rest of the picture oh well.

joerachi

The Blazing Tempest
oh ok i see it in the red gyrados. but the normal one is darker rather than lighter. Explain?

DanChimchar

Friends are Diamonds
oh ok i see it in the red gyrados. but the normal one is darker rather than lighter. Explain?
Yeah since on the Blue normal Gyarados the Whiskers became transparent it looks like the default green or whatever background you have on serebiiforums. I shall fix that soon.

They're great! But all of the Gyarados' whiskers are different.
Yes well on the Shiny they have to be differnet. But since on the Blue normal Gyarados the Whiskers became transparent it looks like the default green or whatever background you have on serebiiforums. I shall fix that soon.

these are so good I'd be surprised if I didn't see them in the game
Aw Thanks so much. That has made me so happy. I promised myself I wouldn't cry *cries* lol anyways thanks everyone

Yami Ryu

You know. This is why people wait for cleaner screens because unless you are DAMN GOOD you can not truly clean the sprite up. Which you failed to do.

The Gyarados sprite sucks. It's just bad. There's differences on the body for shiny/norm, there's missing detail, incorrect detailing, bad shading or lack of it. The Gyarados pic from what I saw was a gritty blurry thing, and only someone who is a damn good spriter, could have cleaned it up well.

http://veekun.com/dex/pokemon/gyarados/flavor

Did you not even compare, your sprites to Gyarados sprites you used for colors? Or did you blissfully think that oh, not defining it's head or body really, is going to wash over everyone?

Pikachu's feet and ears just look wrong, the ears to small/feet just seem angled wrongly. It also seems you used no black outline at all.

The rest still are rough around the edges.

DanChimchar

Friends are Diamonds
DC these are amazing I love them all. Thank you so much for doing these are they avaliable for use?

This is magnificant.

Truely great work.
Aww thanks that really means a lot to me

when is chikorita not cute? And yeah they look awesome!
True that, she/he is always cute! Thanks I try my best.

You know. This is why people wait for cleaner screens because unless you are DAMN GOOD you can not truly clean the sprite up. Which you failed to do.

The Gyarados sprite sucks. It's just bad. There's differences on the body for shiny/norm, there's missing detail, incorrect detailing, bad shading or lack of it. The Gyarados pic from what I saw was a gritty blurry thing, and only someone who is a damn good spriter, could have cleaned it up well.

http://veekun.com/dex/pokemon/gyarados/flavor

Did you not even compare, your sprites to Gyarados sprites you used for colors? Or did you blissfully think that oh, not defining it's head or body really, is going to wash over everyone?

Pikachu's feet and ears just look wrong, the ears to small/feet just seem angled wrongly. It also seems you used no black outline at all.

The rest still are rough around the edges.

Actually I did, I took the Pt sprite of Gyarados and took all the colors from it and put it on the red Gyarados. Yes the neck is screwed up abit since the glitter covered it up. So any color that is there is from the Pt Sprite of Gyarados.

We'll thats how I looked when I took it out of the picture, I did not edit that ears or feet, only the tail on the female one and change the colors like how I did with Gyarados I took the Pt Sprite put them side by side and started to put the colors in.

Okay Thanks anyways... I'll try to work better on it.

Ah, now I see why my Cyndaquil sprite has been ignored XD

Great work, though; those look awesome!

Huh??? Thanks :)

EDIT: I fixed the Female original Gyarados's Whiskers to white. I will be soon adding Silver sprite, Gold back sprite, and more later on today.

Yami Ryu

Dan you just you don't get it, doing a sprite clean up isn't just 'lol cleaning it up' it's making it where you wouldn't be able to tell it came from a screen.

And ah I see a better screen was put up.

gyarados.png

So the sparkles are the defense as to why you destroyed the sprite? I'm not just talking about the fact where Gyara should obviously be red/blue you made it cream/beige, or that NORMAL GYARADOS IS MISSING PARTS. That's why I wanted to know wtf it seemed that you DIDN'T use reference.

You completely destroyed any and all detailing on Gyarados's head :/

The feet of the Pikachu's still seem to small, the foot on our right side- and just noticed the shiny versions seem to have no shading at all on the legs.

I just love how much spam is in here

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
You've done some great work on these Dan.

I think they look fine and you should make some more.

My favourite by far is the Chikorita.

Keep up the good work Dan.

LoneStarAkira

+1 cookie for troll
Besides Yami's pointing out of the Gyarados sprites, they seem to be quite good. <: Just remember that there is a new and more updated Pikachu sprite which is more corrected with its feet and arms, so make sure to update as well. 8D

Good job~ I was planning on fixing them up, but I got lazy. =3= Entei's sprite is able to be cleaned now, too~

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
actually there is shading on shiny pikachu's legs, it's real hard to see I only saw it because my screen was flipped back more than usual.

DanChimchar

Friends are Diamonds
You've done some great work on these Dan.

I think they look fine and you should make some more.

My favourite by far is the Chikorita.

Keep up the good work Dan.
Thank you so much :)

Great work its awsome :) i really like the new pose of cyndaquil xP
Doesn't everyone lol. Thanks

Besides Yami's pointing out of the Gyarados sprites, they seem to be quite good. <: Just remember that there is a new and more updated Pikachu sprite which is more corrected with its feet and arms, so make sure to update as well. 8D

Good job~ I was planning on fixing them up, but I got lazy. =3= Entei's sprite is able to be cleaned now, too~
Thanks I'll fix the Pikachu sprite soon.

actually there is shading on shiny pikachu's legs, it's real hard to see I only saw it because my screen was flipped back more than usual.
Yep there is but it's light, so I'll fix that tommorrow.

Anyways I went Trainer Crazy Today and Got all these new Trainer Sprites.

Gold Backsprite
Gold_backsprite.gif

There's two different backsprite, due to his hair, hat and backpack. So I put up both.

Silver Trainer Sprite
Silver.gif

Random Kid Trainer
RT.gif

Now Over Worlds

Eusine
That_guy.gif

Team Rocket Grunts (Two Girls at the Bottom)
Rocket_ppl.gif

Enjoy!

EDIT: I shaped the Pikachu's with darker colors at the feet check it out!

Last edited: