• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon HGSS modding questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOXICSQUALL

So... hi everybody,

Completely new here, and equally new at Pokemon ROM modding as well, I'm currently working on a 493 difficulty mod of Pokemon Platinum, with a slight story change here and there (speaking of which, name suggestions would also be greatly appreciated, if possible). I'm currently using PPRE (really amazing program btw, props to SCV and Alpha for making it) to help with editing trainers, Pokemon locations, scripts etc. and I've been confused regarding certain aspects of the program that I can't really make out... what they do.

For example, when you go to edit a trainer's team, on the main tab, you have values for 0Ch, 0Dh, 0Eh, all the way till 13h. What are those meant to do? Also, when you look at the trainer's Pokemon tabs, there is a u0 value, that I'm also unsure of what it does... ability perhaps :confused:? I've been looking on the forums for a few days now to try and figure it out, but I can't find anything that explains these. It's quite possible that I missed them while I was scanning through the forums; if so, then 1) I'm genuinely sorry. 2) If someone could post where this is explained, I'd be much obliged ;)

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I believe talking about modding games is frowned upon on this site. We typically avoid talking about hacking and modding in general.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
First.. Welcome..

This topic isn't really one that is covered alot here, as it can be seen as talking about hacking, which against is a forum wide rule. As Ex-staff for the 4th Gen games, I rarely encountered this type of question, but then it was before custom roms where common or the tools where common.

There are other sites, I think Project Pokémon may be better for you to look at.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
This. And given that it's considered to be hacking and that kind of talk isn't allowed here on the forums, this thread will be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.