1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Home

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by Dragalge, Jan 28, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Dragalge

Dragalge Constance Rookidee

We got new details tbh. There’s a free and premium plan with the former holding 30 Pokemon and the latter holding 6000 of em. The GTS is also back and is free too among other stuff.

Edit: Apparently Pokemon Bank/Transporter are a month free to commemorate this.

Ophie and wolf jani like this.
  2. Sulfurian

Sulfurian Well-Known Member

I said it years ago and I guess I was correct. Pokemon is on console, and so all the triple A scams are brought along with it. We thought third versions were bad, just keep chucking costs at consumers faces and watch as the easy money flows in. Taking advantage of people who say "its cheap" to make a ton of money. It's disgusting.

3. Sceptile Leaf Blade

Sceptile Leaf Blade Nighttime Guardian

So do we know how many Home accounts you can have on one Switch, and whether you can connect the same game files to multiple Home accounts?

Still disappointed that this is the way they're going now. GTS should have been part of the base game to begin with. Putting pretty much all trading functions that aren't Wonder Trade in here makes it a lot harder to transfer items between different game files, on the 3DS I can just transfer them over between my games through the GTS, but this GTS won't have hold items. And the price is over three times as much as Bank. I do think that being able to have multiple GTS offers at the same time is kind of neat though.

4. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

I’m definitely doing the premium option unless it is more than the price of Bank by three dollars. I figured the GTS wouldn’t be completely eliminated since that is how most people trade and get Pokémon these days.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  5. Sceptile Leaf Blade

Prices are already available. Significantly more expensive than Bank.

6. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

I can handle it as I don’t pay for huge micro transactions very often. I think it is worth it.

7. Pokemon Fan

Pokemon Fan Knuckle Trainer

Seems like you'll be able to perform the main functions (moving pokemon to Sword and Shield, use the GTS) for free, so just what part is a scam? The Nintendo Online subscription?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    Ophie and LilligantLewis like this.
  8. Sceptile Leaf Blade

Bank connection is behind the premium version.

Spider-Phoenix likes this.
  9. Pokemon Fan

Ah, I see. At least if all you want to do is move pokemon over though then it's just the one time cost. Storing a bunch not found in Sword and Shield is probably not something I intend to do.

Ophie and KenzeyEevee like this.
  10. Satoshi & Touko

Satoshi & Touko Glimwood Tangle is Literal Dreamland

It looks like you can only trade Pokemon via the mobile app version of this.

Let's hope they don't pull a Pokemon Masters and only make the app compatible with flagship devices.

OshyHikari, Ophie and KenzeyEevee like this.
  11. NeoDude-5000

NeoDude-5000 Well-Known Member

So I need a Premium Plan to store basically every Pokemon I've caught (about 100+ of them) previously from Pokemon Bank? Might as well go for the 1 month plan to bring all of my Pokemon, once everyone is usable across all of the supported games that is.

12. Sceptile Leaf Blade

Yeah, that's also really dumb. Don't get why they didn't just put the trading in the Switch version too.

13. Pokemon Fan

And for whatever it's worth, at least the National Dex aspect is free. Filling it out fully of course will cost you the Poke Bank access (or a lot of trading).

14. Sceptile Leaf Blade

From the looks of it it's just the Bank dex, not an actual dex like in the games. No 3D models, no animations, no details on measurements for different games (the same pokémon species have different heights and weights depending on the game, something Serebiidex still doesn't acknowledge for some reason) so it's always a gamble whether the dimensions match the game you'd want to play in. It was annoying in Alola where there was no way to check the height or especially weight of pokémon that weren't in the Alola dex

OshyHikari and KenzeyEevee like this.
  15. Pokemon Fan

Oh? What are some cases of that? For instance I'm pretty sure Charizard is listed as five foot seven in every game (aside from Let's Go, where height variation is a mechanic), nor have I heard of weight-based moves being more powerful for certain pokemon in certain games than in others.

16. Its ridiculous, the difference between basic and premium. Plus Pokémon bank even with a month free, I wont buy it. 30 vs 6000 is a lot of difference. Will this be the future? Paying to use GTS and trading?

17. Sceptile Leaf Blade

A lot of them actually.

Entei for instance is 6 foot 7 inches in Crystal and weighs 437.0 pounds. It doesn't have a weight listed at all for Alola games since it's not in that dex, but it is 6 foot 11 inches and 436.5 pounds in Bank. Suicune in Crystal is 6 foot 7 inches, and weighs 412.o pounds. In Bank it's also 6 foot 7 inches, but weighs 412.3 pounds. Dratini in Crystal is 5 foot 11 inches and weighs 7.0 pounds. In Alola it is 5 foot 11 inches and weighs 7.3 pounds. Dragonair also has a different weight, 36.0 lbs in Crystal and 36.4 lbs in Alola. Raikou, in Bank 392.4 lbs, in Crystal 392.0 lbs. Chikorita, in Bank 14.1 lbs, in Crystal 14.0 lbs. Bayleef, in Bank 34.8 lbs, in Crystal 35.0 lbs. Meganium, in Bank 221.6 lbs, in Crystal 220.0 lbs. It's actually everything I'm looking up right now, they're all different.

OshyHikari and Ophie like this.
  18. Weavy

Weavy They call me the one who loves cats.

If I'm going to be really honest, I'm not sure I like the idea of features being locked behind certain versions (especially trading, GTS and Mystery Gift being exclusive to the Mobile version; why can't I do that on my Switch?). I'd like to complete the National Dex too, but that means putting Pokemon from other games from Bank and since you can't put them back, they'll just be sitting ducks if they're not compatible with a game (Speaking of which, what about a Pokemon that's getting a form later on, like the DLC for SwSh? I'm wondering how that's gonna work...)

I'm...not sure how I feel about this right now. Version exclusive features has put me off a bit.

OshyHikari likes this.
  19. Golden_Arcanine

Golden_Arcanine Well-Known Member

Then don't. But let's not pretend like they're asking for you to pay the price of another game to have this feature. It's $15.99 per year. Bank was what $4.99 per year? You paid ~$60 for SwSh, and now you're being asked to pay $30 for the expansion packs and/or $16 for HOME. You can get by with the basic features just fine. But this is clearly them making the option available for the casual player (i.e. non subscription) and the avid (subscription) player. And it has significantly more features than Bank had.

Ophie likes this.
  20. Sceptile Leaf Blade

I really disagree with this. It seems more like they just removed features like the GTS from the actual games and put them into Home instead (just worse because there's no held items for this GTS). Bank never needed a GTS because the games already had it. Same with Mystery Gift. What's up with putting all these Mystery Gift things on phones? First Pass, and now this. It used to be just getting them directly into your game. Why put this extra mobile step in between?