• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Home

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I’m not sure how I feel about this either? It’s three times as much as bank for premium and at this point comes off as blatant corporate greed. You have to spend $60 for SwSh + $30 DLC + $15 Home’s best offer. Plus you need to have an online subscription so there’s that as well. Yes, the aim of this is to make money but I’m a little leery of these practices. SwSh didn’t have enough content to warrant the price tag on them as full price console games. Plus didn’t they say there were no plans to bring the older Pokémon back through DLC? It just comes off as going by the seat of their pants with a lot of this stuff. We already had GTS so why are they selling it back via HOME? Was expecting Refresh/Amie or some type of battle feature with a name like HOME.

Golden_Arcanine

I really disagree with this. It seems more like they just removed features like the GTS from the actual games and put them into Home instead (just worse because there's no held items for this GTS). Bank never needed a GTS because the games already had it. Same with Mystery Gift. What's up with putting all these Mystery Gift things on phones? First Pass, and now this. It used to be just getting them directly into your game. Why put this extra mobile step in between?

Bank was nothing more than a storage unit. Had no extra features, let alone the ability to do multiple features at once. Even in the case of the original GTS, you could only do ONE GTS trade at once. LIS, this is an option for the avid gamer and the casual gamer. But as we saw with the Expansion Pack, this was about getting a game out on time and creating the DLC to fix the issues that they knew would come up. They swore up and down that they weren't going to create DLC to patch in the new Pokes, and what happened? They created DLC to patch in new Pokes.

Golden_Arcanine

I’m not sure how I feel about this either? It’s three times as much as bank for premium and at this point comes off as blatant corporate greed. You have to spend $60 for SwSh + $30 DLC + $15 Home’s best offer. Plus you need to have an online subscription so there’s that as well. Yes, the aim of this is to make money but I’m a little leery of these practices. SwSh didn’t have enough content to warrant the price tag on them as full price console games. Plus didn’t they say there were no plans to bring the older Pokémon back through DLC? It just comes off as going by the seat of their pants with a lot of this stuff. We already had GTS so why are they selling it back via HOME? Was expecting Refresh/Amie or some type of battle feature with a name like HOME.

It's $16. You have to pay to keep those servers working correctly. Things aren't just free. I swear some of you are penny pinching on the most thing. There's a reason why they're offering the free package. It's not as expansive as the subscription, but it's an option if that $16 hurts too much. It's essentially Bank on steroids. Would I like it for free? Absolutely. But costs have gone up since Bank was first released. And when costs go up, where do they go? They're flipped to the retailer.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Even in the case of the original GTS, you could only do ONE GTS trade at once.
I have both Sun and Ultra Sun, so I can do two GTS trades at once, and trade with myself over GTS to get trade evolutions and transfer items like Eviolite along. Can't do that on Home as far as I can tell. I also have Omega Ruby, can also get a GTS offer on there if I'm not mistaken, so that's already three potential offers at once. The multiple GTS offers is only for premium users who especially in the past would have often had multiple games already.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
R.I.P to those that intend to use Home as a means to store their collection since the 1-year Premium subscription costs somewhat close to a 1-year NSO subscription. At least NSO is not needed to access it. Only intend to get the 1 or 3-month plan just for the purpose of transferring over some of my breeding stock from the previous games.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Let preface this by saying that I wasn't even willing to pay $5 a year for Bank, so I probably wasn't going to buy into Home, no matter what it was, to begin with.

But with that being said, $16 a year? Really? Come on. And not only that (and please correct me if I'm wrong), but if you want to transfer Pokémon, you still have to pay the $5 for Bank, meaning it now costs $21 a year to transfer Pokémon (unless a Bank subscription is included in the price of Home, but I saw no indication of that). Now we're getting into extremely questionable territory. I suppose the slightly good news, for a person like me who only would occasionally transfer Pokémon, is that I can buy the $3 one-month subscription instead, but that's still on top of the $5 for Bank, so it's not all that helpful for someone who thought Bank wasn't worth it.

Back when Bank started up, I suggested that they should have allowed transfers for free, and charge for the storage, as the storage is what takes the server space, not the transfers, but here we are seemingly doing the opposite with the free plan. How odd. And disappointing to me, as I have no need for storage outside of my games, and I can't imagine how anyone ever would.

I can't really complain about the GTS part, as they do allow you to do it with the free plan. It's a little annoying that you can't just do it in-game, and I'm not really sure why Game Freak thought an extra step in the GTS process was necessary, or even a good idea, but hey, it's better than not having a GTS at all, like we all thought was going to happen.

But seriously though, $21 just to transfer? Why? Just why?

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
If I am understanding it right, we must have Premium Subscription in order to use the features of Bank and Transportation. What I don't get however, is the pricing is almost equal to NSO and both make 36$ for 12 months, and you don't use Bank quite often at all considering it won't have a special code for inner cloud-save system.

I am contemplating to purchase it monthly for 2.99 whenever I have need for it.

wanderist

Someone
I have mixed feelings. The new features seem cool, just not sure I personally will have much use for them. I'm still hoping for some Amie-like features where you can interact with the Pokemon more, but I guess maybe we won't get that. My old Pokemon might just be staying in the 3DS games in that case, that way I can still battle with and interact with them and whatnot.

The price jump to $16 is a bit of a shock when you're used to $5, but I guess it's all those new features. I still haven't decided if I'm going to get it yet, we'll see if they announce anything else. At the very least I may get the one month just to try it out and see if it's worth it, if I actually want to keep my mons on there. I would love to be able to have my favorites with me wherever I go like that, but I also want to be able to interact with them and them not just be... there, if that makes sense.

Pokemon Power

OK, I think I've figured out how I'm gonna do this. If I have enough once I purchase the new SSBU content later today, I'm gonna get the 12-month premium pass. If not, I'll get a 3-month pass for now, and save to buy the 12-month pass later. Once I have it, first I'm gonna move some spares I have in Let's Go, Pikachu to bring to Let's Go, Eevee once I start it, along with an extra Meltan and Melmetal for my file of Sword. Then I'm gonna connect with my Pokemon Bank account, and transfer all of my Gen. 1 Pokemon from Pokemon Moon over, including Alolan forms. Next, I'll put the ones that are able to be in the Galar games to my Sword file, and bring the ones of the same species and forms that I have in Sun over along with another Meltan and Melmetal from LGP to take their place in Home until I get Shield. Once I do, I'll send them over and bring the ones I have in Ultra Moon over. As for Gen. 2 through 7 Pokemon, minus Meltan and Melmetal of course, for now I'm thinking about bringing them from Go, but if Let's Go, Pikachu and Eevee receive updates and expansion passes like Sword and Shield, I'll bring them there, and do the process with the ones I have in Moon, Sun and Ultra Moon.

Last edited:

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Let preface this by saying that I wasn't even willing to pay $5 a year for Bank, so I probably wasn't going to buy into Home, no matter what it was, to begin with.

But with that being said, $16 a year? Really? Come on. And not only that (and please correct me if I'm wrong), but if you want to transfer Pokémon, you still have to pay the $5 for Bank, meaning it now costs $21 a year to transfer Pokémon (unless a Bank subscription is included in the price of Home, but I saw no indication of that). Now we're getting into extremely questionable territory. I suppose the slightly good news, for a person like me who only would occasionally transfer Pokémon, is that I can buy the $3 one-month subscription instead, but that's still on top of the $5 for Bank, so it's not all that helpful for someone who thought Bank wasn't worth it.
Serebii noted that for one month Poke Bank will be free, so unless you intend to keep transferring pokemon from the 3ds games to Home after that free month, you should be able to transfer everything and then cancel your Poke Bank before you have to pay anything for it. Or at least that is how I understand it.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Serebii noted that for one month Poke Bank will be free, so unless you intend to keep transferring pokemon from the 3ds games to Home after that free month, you should be able to transfer everything and then cancel your Poke Bank before you have to pay anything for it. Or at least that is how I understand it.

Yeah, but that works for one month. Then you're back to the $21 a year price tag.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Not a fan of the way this was handled but it’s whatever since I can just keep my Pokémon in Ultra Sun. The new features are not worth it to warrant the purchase or the pricing.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The price is just pure greed
Also there is absolutely no excuse GTS shouldn't have been in SWSH, shouldn't need to use a shitty app(Which I bet will have "your device ain't compatable") just for the superior Trade system. Nobody likes that link code garbage

They should have bundled Home and Bank together, and a cheaper affordable price. "but storage space" lul the pricing looks like they're profiting, the $5 Bank free IS fair. This isn't, especially if Bank's not bundled

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
It's $16. You have to pay to keep those servers working correctly. Things aren't just free. I swear some of you are penny pinching on the most thing. There's a reason why they're offering the free package. It's not as expansive as the subscription, but it's an option if that $16 hurts too much. It's essentially Bank on steroids. Would I like it for free? Absolutely. But costs have gone up since Bank was first released. And when costs go up, where do they go? They're flipped to the retailer.
I got SwSh November for my birthday, 300 for the Switch, of course 20 for online to trade, 60 dollars for the base game, now another 30 for the “DLC” (aka content they cut to resell to us later) now if I want the full experience of this one game I have to throw out $16 for my Pokémon. Pokémon is the biggest franchise in the world, they can do better than this. Oh and of course bank so another $5.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
It looks like you can only trade Pokemon via the mobile app version of this.

Let's hope they don't pull a Pokemon Masters and only make the app compatible with flagship devices.
So just to make sure I’ve got this straight: The Switch version is used for transferring while the mobile version is used for trading, right?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I got SwSh November for my birthday, 300 for the Switch, of course 20 for online to trade, 60 dollars for the base game, now another 30 for the “DLC” (aka content they cut to resell to us later) now if I want the full experience of this one game I have to throw out $16 for my Pokémon. Pokémon is the biggest franchise in the world, they can do better than this. Oh and of course bank so another $5.
Proof on that?