• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Home

Noy

I'm thinking it was the latter, since the person said that the Pokemon bricked their game.
that's the part that's confusing me, as i think i saw that post, but it used the words Wonder trade, and not Wonder box or Surprise trade. So I not even sure it involved Home. Also the hack mons when surprise traded apparently glitch out the authentication code causing it to fail the trade; game still works but using the internet attempts to complete the trade causing it to crash again (or something similar.) If that's really the case, the cloud trading should prevent them from reaching other users, but who knows.

Bolsi6

I'm still having issues with Furfrou formes.

Now I've completed the Home Dex and also have a Living Dex, but I did not receive the Original Color Magearna gift.

Alredy tried moving all my pokémon on Home Boxes but didn't work.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
that's the part that's confusing me, as i think i saw that post, but it used the words Wonder trade, and not Wonder box or Surprise trade. So I not even sure it involved Home. Also the hack mons when surprise traded apparently glitch out the authentication code causing it to fail the trade; game still works but using the internet attempts to complete the trade causing it to crash again (or something similar.) If that's really the case, the cloud trading should prevent them from reaching other users, but who knows.
Both seem to running into that issue, surprise trade and wonder box. Well if that's the case, it backfired, as innocent users are unable to get online. The trades go through, from what I've read so far, so cloud trading does not stop it. The malicious Pokemon are what are causing the crash, not the server.

Bolsi6

I'm still having issues with Furfrou formes.

Now I've completed the Home Dex and also have a Living Dex, but I did not receive the Original Color Magearna gift.

Alredy tried moving all my pokémon on Home Boxes but didn't work.

Finaly got Magearna! Now my problem is just with Furfrou formes.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Why did you post this same thing in two different threads
Because this is an incredibly annoying error and people need to hear that a fix for it may have arrived. This isn't like reporting some Pokemon event or two, this is a literal fix for long-time transferred Pokemon that have been wrongfully banned online. Maybe it doesn't concern you judging by your question but this stuff does concern people who've had Pokemon for generations, only to find out a few of them have been banned because HOME was rushed to the party.

Hobnail Boot

Anyone else having the issue of Pokémon not showing up in the Pokedex in Home? I just put an Applin and an Arrokuda in but they aren't registered. This is in the mobile version because they showed up on the Switch version last night.

Noy

Anyone else having the issue of Pokémon not showing up in the Pokedex in Home? I just put an Applin and an Arrokuda in but they aren't registered. This is in the mobile version because they showed up on the Switch version last night.
it lags sometimes. probably to ensure your not somehow spoofing data just to complete the dex.

OysterSA

Finaly got Magearna! Now my problem is just with Furfrou formes.

Do you know what triggered the Magearna? I have the full 890 and more and I still haven't gotten a dex completion notification. Dex does say 890 on both Switch and mobile. I have moved them all one box to the left as recommended, and then back to the right as well. My living dex started in box 2, so maybe I'll try moving them all two boxes to the left.

Last edited:

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
I know the wonder trade hacked mons is a big issue now, but is anyone still having trouble with room trades? Every time I set one up, it crashes when the countdown hits zero. This is before even selecting what Pokemon everyone wants to trade, so I doubt it's connected. It also seems to be working fine for others.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
Lot of bugs showing up. I'm gonna hold of on suprise trade and try not to transfer anything too irreplacable for another few days.

They're unlikely to ever fix the problem of idiots clogging the GTS up by asking for ridiculous trades that nobody wants though. Looking for one Snover with Soundproof, and you have to get through about 30 with snow warning ones being offered. And more than half of them want Type:Null, which has somehow become the de facto currency of the GTS.

To me, there's only been one small but significant improvement, that it actually shows the hidden abilities of the pokemon being traded. I don't really like nagging people to help me trade, so I've managed to get my hands on mons that I've wanted for ages. A couple of times, I've posted a HA pokemon, hoping to get another one back, and its worked out.

All in all. I'm likely to just use the premium this month. Transfer everything I need, then drop it at least until the Isles come out and I need to transfer something from the exapanded dex.

30 spaces is enough to ferry all the mons I need between Sword to Shield and vice-versa if i want to restart and keep all my mons.

Quick question. Does anyone know if trade evolutions happen when trading through Home?

neophenx

Pokemon Strategist
So far I'm pleased with Pokemon Home, but I have one gripe...
I can use the console version to group together Pokemon I intend to trade off via Wonder Box, but the mobile version doesn't allow you to search by box or view what box a Pokemon is in. So if I'm trading off my army of Swablu left over from USUM during a breeding chain, I don't know if it would be the Swablu from my Living Pokedex or from my Trade box. Why is box-view not available via mobile?

zant00

i think i got a weird bug now in pokemon home i got the pokeball magearna 00:23 and 01:32 checked my mystery gift and it was unclaimed, so i claimed it again and got a 2nd magearna and it is 100% copy off my first one? have pictures but not sure how to post them.

OysterSA

After grouping all my pokemon together in home with no luck, then moving all my pokemon to the left and right with no luck, my mobile app updated. Got her. Tried to move them all the right again to claim a second as has been reported with no luck, but at least I got one.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Lot of bugs showing up. I'm gonna hold of on suprise trade and try not to transfer anything too irreplacable for another few days.

They're unlikely to ever fix the problem of idiots clogging the GTS up by asking for ridiculous trades that nobody wants though. Looking for one Snover with Soundproof, and you have to get through about 30 with snow warning ones being offered. And more than half of them want Type:Null, which has somehow become the de facto currency of the GTS.

To me, there's only been one small but significant improvement, that it actually shows the hidden abilities of the pokemon being traded. I don't really like nagging people to help me trade, so I've managed to get my hands on mons that I've wanted for ages. A couple of times, I've posted a HA pokemon, hoping to get another one back, and its worked out.

All in all. I'm likely to just use the premium this month. Transfer everything I need, then drop it at least until the Isles come out and I need to transfer something from the exapanded dex.

30 spaces is enough to ferry all the mons I need between Sword to Shield and vice-versa if i want to restart and keep all my mons.

Quick question. Does anyone know if trade evolutions happen when trading through Home?
Been running into that for any starters. Legendary asks are still there. I have a Larvitar up for a Popplio and those other impossible trades make it hard to get any fair ones to go through.

Nope. Tried via getting a Kadabra and it did not evolve.

Hope this Magearna event isn't a limited time one, as I won't be trading anything from Bank until the transfer bugs are ironed out.

neophenx

Pokemon Strategist
In response to my earlier post above... apparently you CAN search in the mobile version by Box in Pokemon Home! If you're in the trade or Pokemon sections of Home's mobile version, the "All Pokemon" label at the top of the screen can be pressed to show all boxes and all labels available, and you can pull up any specific box or label to find only things that fit that search.

poe_keeper

Hello,

I received a shiny Butterfree years ago on the GTS. I have never been able to confirm if it is real or not but I've always wondered. If it is indeed a hack and I transferred it to Home, would it brick the game or Home? Or is the "bricking" happening strictly from trading hacked pokemon within Home?

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Hello,

I received a shiny Butterfree years ago on the GTS. I have never been able to confirm if it is real or not but I've always wondered. If it is indeed a hack and I transferred it to Home, would it brick the game or Home? Or is the "bricking" happening strictly from trading hacked pokemon within Home?
Basically it's been Pokemon that haven't been released. That should be ok. It's both Home wonder box and surprise trade in Sword and Shield.