• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Home

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
there is absolutely no excuse GTS shouldn't have been in SWSH, shouldn't need to use a shitty app(Which I bet will have "your device ain't compatable") just for the superior Trade system.
I can think of two reasons why they put the GTS in Home:
  • To convince people to buy the app
  • So that they have more space in the game to include more features for the Expansion Pass

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
But again, why would you still be using Bank after that month?
To get other pokémon from the old games. You don't always know in advance what you're going to need and some pokémon can only get certain moves or abilities or w/e in old games.
So that they have more space in the game to include more features for the Expansion Pass
I don't think storage space is a limiting constraint for the development of these games... especially with a GTS not really taking up that much space to begin with. My guess is they just don't know how to do a proper trading system on the Switch so they just dump it all in the phone apps where I guess it's just easier to develop or something.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Because we still play the older games?

• So that they have more space in the game to include more features for the Expansion Pass

Yeah but the GTS is free. Just stupid that it's in a side app and not the main game itself

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Please, PLEASE debuff Landorus. All they have to do really is take away his Intimidate Ability and give him a medicore one. His typing, moves and stats alone cement Landorus already as a power-house but it's that Intimidate ability that cements Landorus as broken.

I still have 2 questions regarding Home, that I can't seem to see any information on.

1. The GTS isn't mobile-only is it? I only ask because the main site lists it as mobile only right now. It probably wouldn't be a problem for most people, but I don't have a smartphone so...I'd be right out of luck if it was.

2. Will I be able to transfer the BP I've racked up in Bank over to Home along with my Pokemon? Not really essential, but it'd be nice.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
In which case would you really have any reason to transfer pokemon you got from recently playing older games? I thought the whole appeal of transferring is to bring old, cherished pokemon from past gens into the current games, like pokemon from events years ago and such. Really wanting to bring over a Greninja you used in a nuzlocke a week ago (for instance) just doesn't seem like it would happen much at all.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Can't speak for anyone else, but I'm super casual when it comes to transfers. I do't have things I plan on transferring over, I just do it as I need it. In the past, when it was free to transfer stuff, I might have done a transfer once or twice a year, certainly more than a month apart. So the system will now cost me $3 the first time I want to transfer something (which I still don't think is worth it, for the record), and $8 on subsequent times.

In which case would you really have any reason to transfer pokemon you got from recently playing older games? I thought the whole appeal of transferring is to bring old, cherished pokemon from past gens into the current games, like pokemon from events years ago and such. Really wanting to bring over a Greninja you used in a nuzlocke a week ago (for instance) just doesn't seem like it would happen much at all.

Once again, only speaking for me, but I like to keep my cherished Pokémon where they belong, in the game I obtained them. Transferring is more about getting Pokémon that can't be captured in the current game. Like if I want to use a Greninja for whatever reason, I'll breed my starter in Y and transfer it over to where I want it.

And you're right, that wouldn't happen that much, which is exactly why it's impossible for me to justify the price tag, no matter how cheap it is.

Yeah but the GTS is free. Just stupid that it's in a side app and not the main game itself
I agree that GTS should have been on SWSH at launch, but GTS on Home isn't bad or dumb (Yeah, the first option is clearly the key, yo use it free, and start to see that maybe you could use/like it more the full service), but also, if you see how things can develop into the future, instead of restrict GTS trades crossgames like X/Y - ORAS, you can have an unrestricted hub where all games interact, you just need to move certain Pkmn to the game you need once in a while... well, if they don't throw Home away like the are going to do with Pokebank and the Global link.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Please, PLEASE debuff Landorus. All they have to do really is take away his Intimidate Ability and give him a medicore one. His typing, moves and stats alone cement Landorus already as a power-house but it's that Intimidate ability that cements Landorus as broken.
Why is this in the thread about Home? And besides, just use Avalugg if Landorus scares you so much. It got buffed in Sword and Shield and destroys any Landorus that doesn't have Earth Power or Fissure with a simple Avalanche, even most Yache Berry variants. Milotic also works well, it activates Competitive through Intimidate and easily KOs with a move like Scald, Ice Beam, Surf, or Hydro Pump.

shoz999

Why is this in the thread about Home? And besides, just use Avalugg if Landorus scares you so much. It got buffed in Sword and Shield and destroys any Landorus that doesn't have Earth Power or Fissure with a simple Avalanche, even most Yache Berry variants. Milotic also works well, it activates Competitive through Intimidate and easily KOs with a move like Scald, Ice Beam, Surf, or Hydro Pump.
Pokemon Home is also basically the Pokemon transfer thread right? Meaning it's pretty much expected to talk about Pokemon getting transferred from Gen A to Gen B. On another note, in terms of that mindset. Yeah, Landorus doesn't scare a lot of people but if your playing with Pokemon with a consistently-made team filled with Pokemon that don't fit the OU or even UU standards, then Landorus is something to worry about and I prefer to play that way, using Pokemon I like as opposed to Pokemon that are deemed competitive.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Personally, I’m bummed that Pokémon Home’s premium usage is $16 but I can live with that. If my family can pay about the same price for streaming sites like Netflix, Amazon Prime, or Disney+, I can do the same thing by paying for this.

TsengHyena

So Pokemon Jail doesn't even have a battle or interactive mode? Remember when Gamefreak said we'd be able to interact with our Pokemon in Pokemon Jail who didnt make it into the current game?

Why is it THREE TIMES the price of Pokemon Bank? At the very least let the GTS be used on the actual Switch version of the app...

Game, Nintendo Online, Expansion Pass and now Pokemon Jail pass. Thats alot of money for the normal experience.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
So Pokemon Jail doesn't even have a battle or interactive mode? Remember when Gamefreak said we'd be able to interact with our Pokemon in Pokemon Jail who didnt make it into the current game?
Don't think they ever said that. Also, it was always a very long shot to expect battling in Home when it was already clear from the beginning that there wouldn't be any items there because pokémon come from Bank or Let's Go.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

Game, Nintendo Online, Expansion Pass and now Pokemon Jail pass. Thats alot of money for the normal experience.
They might update the app with battle & interaction functions in the feature like what they’re doing with Pokémon Go compatibly

TsengHyena

Don't think they ever said that. Also, it was always a very long shot to expect battling in Home when it was already clear from the beginning that there wouldn't be any items there because pokémon come from Bank or Let's Go.

Battling mode isn't super essential, but there needs to be some way to interact with the actual pokemon in Pokemon 'Home' otherwise pokemon within it who arent in, cannot be interacted with OR sent back to the previous game.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Battling mode isn't super essential, but there needs to be some way to interact with the actual pokemon in Pokemon 'Home' otherwise pokemon within it who arent in, cannot be interacted with OR sent back to the previous game.
All GameFreak said is that the pokémon not in Sword and Shield might get featured again in a future game compatible with Home. No guarantees beyond that. I'd say don't get your hopes up to get any kind of gameplay in Home, it's first and foremost just Bank on the Switch. I'd consider it far too much effort to make Refresh and stuff just for Home for hundreds of pokémon models when they could also spend that time making content for actual games.

TsengHyena

All GameFreak said is that the pokémon not in Sword and Shield might get featured again in a future game compatible with Home. No guarantees beyond that. I'd say don't get your hopes up to get any kind of gameplay in Home, it's first and foremost just Bank on the Switch. I'd consider it far too much effort to make Refresh and stuff just for Home for hundreds of pokémon models when they could also spend that time making content for actual games.

Oh I expect it to be a microtransaction when it arrives (Why seperate Expansion Passes for Sword and Shield and not a shared pass?)

shoz999

I can see that happening. Although competitive might be a factor, it seems the big issue is creating new Dynamax animations for the Pokemon. Considering that they are doing 200+ returning Pokemon expansions, I suspect that GameFreak is also working on an new Gen 8 title, perhaps DPPt remakes, to cover the rest of the missing Pokemon. Can't see a third version happening due to the expansions.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Sheesh, if people are complaining about having to scrounge up $41 a year for NSO, Bank, and Home, imagine their horror once they actually grow up and buy a house, and all the hassles that come with it
I think $16 is a bit much for this but this gave me a good laugh! You did well, son!

At the very least, Home can be used without NSO but even so, why aren’t you buying NSO at that point!