• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Home

TsengHyena

I don't think a remake of Sinnoh could be justified under this new buisness model of theirs.

TsengHyena

Remove trading, breeding, and online competitive from the console entirely and have them be purely story and world focused, then put all the competitive garbage onto a mobile app

:p

What sort of garbage opinion is this?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I don't think a remake of Sinnoh could be justified under this new buisness model of theirs.
Never said it was justified under some business model. I said that I suspect GameFreak will cover the rest of the Pokemon through an Gen 8 game the year after expansions, giving a guess based on GameFreak's current mindset.

TsengHyena

Never said it was justified under some business model. I said that I suspect GameFreak will cover the rest of the Pokemon through an Gen 8 game the year after expansions, giving a guess based on GameFreak's current mindset.

Its probably going to be a second pair of Expansions. 200 in first, and a second with 200 is too coincidental.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Remove trading, breeding, and online competitive from the console entirely and have them be purely story and world focused, then put all the competitive garbage onto a mobile app that only works on 64-bit phones like Pokémon Masters

:p
If they did that, it would leave a lot of people out, as those phones tend to be rather expensive. Any kidding you meant there aside. I hope they don't pull a stunt like that.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Okay, here's a question that just occurred to me. I know it's been said that we won't be able to use Home to connect to Go right away, but once they do allow that, is there any reason to believe we'll be able to do that without a premium plan? From what I can tell, the premium plan, in regards to transfers, is only needed for transferring from Bank to Home, and the free plan can be used to transfer between Switch games. Since Bank isn't required for Go transferring, does this mean transferring from Go will be free? If so, that something good to come out of all this, as I had just assumed I wouldn't be able to without paying from the moment Home was announced.

Actually, continuing that train of thought, I suppose this also means that we should be able to transfer Pokémon from Gen VIII to future Gen IX and later games for free as well, right? It's still a major bummer that there's an unreasonable paywall between everything pre-Gen VIII and everything post-Gen VIII, but at least that's something we won't need to worry about moving forward (I hope).

Or am I missing something and horribly misinterpreting what will be available, therefore getting my hopes up for nothing?

Last edited:

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
I like the fact that the app has a limited free option that allows players to store 30 Pokemon and access the GTS. In my case that storage amount is enough.
People Who Keep A Living Dex: [Internal Screaming and Incomprehensible Swearing]
Normal people: Huh. Neat.

If they did that, it would leave a lot of people out, as those phones tend to be rather expensive. Any kidding you meant there aside. I hope they don't pull a stunt like that.
Expensive is the future

Isn't technology amazing?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I like the fact that the app has a limited free option that allows players to store 30 Pokemon and access the GTS. In my case that storage amount is enough.

People Who Keep A Living Dex: [Internal Screaming and Incomprehensible Swearing]
Normal people: Huh. Neat.
Prior to hearing about the trading features, I was planning on only using Pokémon Home for three things
  • A home for all of the pokémon I caught & raised from my last set of roleplaying playthroughs (Black 2, Heart Gold, X, Alpha Sapphire, & UM). I have a lot of sentimental attachment to these Pokémon &, even if I can’t use them in Sword & Shield, I want to make sure they don’t disappear when Bank eventually shuts down.
  • A place to keep all of the Pokémon that have been cluttering my boxes in SwSh so that I can just have my main team & reserves
  • Trading with myself between games

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Prior to hearing about the trading features, I was planning on only using Pokémon Home for three things
  • A home for all of the pokémon I caught & raised from my last set of roleplaying playthroughs (Black 2, Heart Gold, X, Alpha Sapphire, & UM). I have a lot of sentimental attachment to these Pokémon &, even if I can’t use them in Sword & Shield, I want to make sure they don’t disappear when Bank eventually shuts down.
  • A place to keep all of the Pokémon that have been flooding my boxes in SwSh so that I can just have my main team & reserves
  • Trading with myself between games
That's me too, along with storing Pokemon in case anything happens to my Switch.

@Twilight-Kun

Don't have a living dex, but I'm doing the same as well, since I'd be using Home for storage. I consider the main Pokemon games to have temporary save files as I do not have another Switch to transfer my profile and save files to nor do I have any friends that live nearby that I could do that with either.

I'm taking that some of that comment wasn't being completely serious, given the cost of said technology. It's all well and good for those that can go and get it right away.

Last edited:

dementeddurian

Love Ball Lover
I came from another forum (the one I normally frequent) to avoid these Home arguments. Seems like it's spreading faster than Pokerus, as everyone but everyone is bickering about this. Can we talk about something without this nonsense? I understand if people don't like Home, but I literally cannot find a place where this isn't plastered everywhere.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
I came from another forum (the one I normally frequent) to avoid these Home arguments. Seems like it's spreading faster than Pokerus, as everyone but everyone is bickering about this. Can we talk about something without this nonsense? I understand if people don't like Home, but I literally cannot find a place where this isn't plastered everywhere.
Have you considered this amazing new feature called Not Clicking On A Thread Dedicated To The Topic That Is Being Discussed?

It's revolutionary :D

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
You literally came to the thread about Pokemon Home when there are hundreds of others.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Let's stop with the arguing. And in regards to Home, there is more than one side to it. And people have the right to discuss it in a civil manner, both the good parts and the bad.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Once Pokémon Go becomes compatible with Home, I'm hoping that any transferred pokémon don't automatically get their hidden abilities like they did in the digital re-releases of Gens 1 & 2. I have Koffing in Go that I plan on evolving into Galarian Weezing & I'd prefer it to have its Neutralizing Gas ability rather than Misty Surge

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Once Pokémon Go becomes compatible with Home, I'm hoping that any transferred pokémon don't automatically get their hidden abilities like they did in the digital re-releases of Gens 1 & 2. I have Koffing in Go that I plan on evolving into Galarian Weezing & I'd prefer it to have its Neutralizing Gas ability rather than Misty Surge
I hope so too. And I hope I can transfer from Go and then into Let's Go. Never got Go Park to work whatsoever.

catzeye

Writer's Block
For me, I think the jarring thing isn't so much the price for premium but the sheer difference in size between the free version and the premium version. It's either 30 or 6000 slots.

For someone like me, who's in between a casual fan and avid collector, it is kind of awkward. I have more than 30 Pokemon that I want to transfer, but I don't think I will ever hit 6000 Pokemon to transfer in my lifetime. I only transfer the legendaries/mythicals, the occasional shiny/event, and whatever 6-10 Pokemon that were used the most on my initial playthrough. So I could personally make due with like a storage space with 500-1000 slots.

While I'll still get the premium version, I do wish they could have had multiple tiers (free, basic, premium). Like a basic tier that was $8.99 a year with 600 slots would actually have me set for life.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
For me, I think the jarring thing isn't so much the price for premium but the sheer difference in size between the free version and the premium version. It's either 30 or 6000 slots.

For someone like me, who's in between a casual fan and avid collector, it is kind of awkward. I have more than 30 Pokemon that I want to transfer, but I don't think I will ever hit 6000 Pokemon to transfer in my lifetime. I only transfer the legendaries/mythicals, the occasional shiny/event, and whatever 6-10 Pokemon that were used the most on my initial playthrough. So I could personally make due with like a storage space with 500-1000 slots.

While I'll still get the premium version, I do wish they could have had multiple tiers (free, basic, premium). Like a basic tier that was $8.99 a year with 600 slots would actually have me set for life.
Definitely. That would have made more sense. To have more than one size option.