• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Home

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
It can't be just that. Everyone uses their Switch as well, since you have to in order to play the games in the first place. It's not just a matter of what everyone does.

Probably their way of limiting the "one gift per person" thing. You can have multiple accounts per Switch, in which case you just need to be able to catch Pokemon before you can move stuff into Home so that you can be eligible. Seeing as you don't even need to leave Route 2 to be able to do that, if it's only tied to your Switch it won't be hard to get 10 Shiny Zeraora.

Tying it to a celphone account means that at most people will get 1 or 2. Granted, there are means to get around that, but it's going to take more time and effort for most people to be bothered.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Just wanted to say that it feels a bit unfair to have Zarude added to the Pokédex in HOME when most people (or is that everybody?) won't have a way of getting one.

BCVM22

No one has access right now, I believe. The Japanese distributions won’t start until next month.

When the time comes, though, it won’t be any less accessible than any past event Legendary.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
Tying it to a celphone account means that at most people will get 1 or 2. Granted, there are means to get around that, but it's going to take more time and effort for most people to be bothered.

You can delete the Home app from your smartphone, then redownload it so that you can login to a different Nintendo account. That’s what I did to get 2 of the gift Zeraora with just one smartphone. You could make lots of Nintendo accounts and login to the same phone. But at the same time, I personally wouldn’t bother creating more Nintendo accounts just for that.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
You can delete the Home app from your smartphone, then redownload it so that you can login to a different Nintendo account. That’s what I did to get 2 of the gift Zeraora with just one smartphone. You could make lots of Nintendo accounts and login to the same phone. But at the same time, I personally wouldn’t bother creating more Nintendo accounts just for that.

Yeah. Or you can get android emulators in a PC, but usually most people aside the most hardcore of farmers would be turned off by the additional steps.

Have you tried if you can link up again the older account if you delete the app again? Because if you can't, doing it that way might make it so that future similar promotions might be unobtainable.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Honestly I’m fine with having one Shiny Zeraora. I have four of the regular ones so the Shiny was just for the Pokédex. The only shiny Mythicals I want multiples of are Jirachi, Mew, Celebi, Victini, Deoxys, Genesect, And the Original Color Magearna. I have two or three Shiny Meltan and I could get more than one Melmetal but that takes up so much time to do that I’d rather evolve one of the Shiny Meltan. The rest I’m mostly neutral with.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
Yeah. Or you can get android emulators in a PC, but usually most people aside the most hardcore of farmers would be turned off by the additional steps.

Have you tried if you can link up again the older account if you delete the app again? Because if you can't, doing it that way might make it so that future similar promotions might be unobtainable.

Yeah I was able to link up my previous account. You can keep deleting the app and switching between any of the accounts you have. All the data you have for each should be intact as well. In terms of effort, you’re just putting in your demographic info and logging in to an account again which only takes about a minute or so.

Honestly I’m fine with having one Shiny Zeraora. I have four of the regular ones so the Shiny was just for the Pokédex. The only shiny Mythicals I want multiples of are Jirachi, Mew, Celebi, Victini, Deoxys, Genesect, And the Original Color Magearna. I have two or three Shiny Meltan and I could get more than one Melmetal but that takes up so much time to do that I’d rather evolve one of the Shiny Meltan. The rest I’m mostly neutral with.

You can also get more Original Color Magearna by having other accounts, then moving a Pokémon from Bank to that Home account so your Bank dex info transfers there. I was able to get a 2nd Magearna too along with Zeraora. You’d have to pay for another Home subscription this way though.

Last edited:

Sergey

Psychic/Fire trainer
I've got a problem with Pokemon Friendship level being reset after transferring it into Pokemon Home and then back into the same game. Here's some answers that I got from Pokemon Support on pokemon.com:

Me: "I've transferred several pokemon into Pokemon Home from Pokemon Sword and when I took them back (same game), their Friendship (Happiness) level decreased a lot, making me redo all camp stuff again to get it back."

Support: "If there are two users on a Nintendo Switch which both have save data and you have Pokémon friendship, but other user moves the Pokémon to their HOME box, then it would lose status."

Me: "I only have 1 user on my Switch. Same user, same game, transferred pokemon into Home for dex, then transferred them back straight after: friendship decreased (to base value, I suppose)"

Support: "The development team request specific examples of Pokémon that were affected by this (and also ones that weren't would be helpful), so that I can investigate further. More screenshot showing more information would be very helpful."

Me: "There is something strange happening with Friendship level of my Pokemon. At first I noticed that my Venusaur from Master Dojo and my Meowth from Early Purchase Event got their Friendship decreased, so I raised it back to maximim. Then I moved my other Pokemon into Home and back into Sword and some of them (Pikachu, Urshifu, Porygon-Z etc) lost their friendship level while others didn't. After repeating the process (Sword > Home > Sword) most of them to my surprise got their Friendship back, while my Slowbro (on screenshot above) and my Shiny Gyarados were still at basic value. And finally I raised their Friendship again to maximum and after transfering them into Home and back they remained at maximum. So I don't see any specific circumstances under which this bug occurs."

Support: "There are certain cases where a Pokemon's friendship level is reset, but we're not able to share information on exact specifications and settings."

Me: "So, can it be fixed?"

Support: "Support Team is unable to provide hints, tips, or tricks regarding standard or special gameplay. We recommend asking a friend, or using your favorite search engine to see if fellow trainers can assist you. Currently this is intended behavior and the development team will not elaborate any further. We are unable to assist any further and thank you for your understanding."

Has anyone run into the same problem? Any ideas why this is happening?

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
So I've got a question about something that's bugging me.

Is anyone else having a problem where G-Max Toxtricity doesn't register on the mobile version of Home? When I click on Toxtricity, it says forms out of 4, but the G-Max doesn't show up at all. But the funny thing is, G-Max Toxtricity registers just fine on the Switch version with no problems at all.

Does anyone know how to register G-Max Toxtricity on the Mobile version? Or is there a bug that stops it registering? Looking for answers, thank you.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
So I've got a question about something that's bugging me.

Is anyone else having a problem where G-Max Toxtricity doesn't register on the mobile version of Home? When I click on Toxtricity, it says forms out of 4, but the G-Max doesn't show up at all. But the funny thing is, G-Max Toxtricity registers just fine on the Switch version with no problems at all.

Does anyone know how to register G-Max Toxtricity on the Mobile version? Or is there a bug that stops it registering? Looking for answers, thank you.
To my understanding it is a bug that’s not high on their priority list. I’m having the same issue where the G-Max form of Toxtricity isn’t registering even though I have 7 of them capable of doing so in Home. Eventually it will be fixed.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
To my understanding it is a bug that’s not high on their priority list. I’m having the same issue where the G-Max form of Toxtricity isn’t registering even though I have 7 of them capable of doing so in Home. Eventually it will be fixed.
Home seems to still have several bugs. It probably isn’t easy to keep the app running smoothly on both the Switch and on mobile devices at the same time as both use totally different IPs and programming.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
The new Home GTS update is a godsend. Legendary filter blocks out all legendaries again so bye bye thousands of Poipole and Kubfu trades! It also automatically filters out trades you can’t make so bye bye illegal trades!

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
The new Home GTS update is a godsend. Legendary filter blocks out all legendaries again so bye bye thousands of Poipole and Kubfu trades! It also automatically filters out trades you can’t make so bye bye illegal trades!
I don’t know about the illegal trading part. I’m sure someone will figure out a way around it either through hacking a Pokémon until it is extremely hard to detect as being fake or through a glitch.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I don’t know about the illegal trading part. I’m sure someone will figure out a way around it either through hacking a Pokémon until it is extremely hard to detect as being fake or through a glitch.
I was referring to the requests for impossible Pokémon. If you have the trades filtered to show only trades asking for Pokémon you have these trades never appear. They’re obviously still there but you don’t have to see them anymore which is a huge plus.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I tried searching for a Chespin and no sign.

Interestingly tried Charizard and no result as well. Guess they reset the offers or something?

Will try again later.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
This update is fantastic! Finally, no more inserting Pokemon in the wonder box one at a time. That was so annoying.

The newly refined search update is really nice too.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
The Ultra Beasts and Kubfu should have always been filtered out with all the other legendaries to be begin with.

I bet you they only did this was because Kubfu and Poipole requests are severely oversaturated right now. It was way worse before the update though, so improvement?

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I’m still waiting for direct transfers from Pokémon Go, but I LOVE all of the changes that came with the update.
It’s finally 1000 times easier to use the GTS now & it’s great that the Wonder Box still lets you check the summaries of all the Pokémon you pick before you send them.

If anything, I wish the GTS would also include origin marks in their searches. I’ve been trying to find specific pokémon from their original games (ex- Bagon from RSE or Tynamo from BW), but I can never tell which is which until after I trade for them.

Last edited:

Ranadiel

Oh hey the most recent update fixes the G-Max Toxitricity Pokedex issue...well mostly. Shiny G-Max Amped Form Toxitricity is still not registering for me. A shame that Hoopa Unbound seems to have gotten unregistered vis the update. Well three steps forward, one back I suppose.