• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Home

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Don't think anything would happen to them.
I didn’t figure anything would happen to them, I just wasn’t sure if my account would be frozen, all of my games would be locked, or I’d be banned from Home for life

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I didn’t figure anything would happen to them, I just wasn’t sure if my account would be frozen, all of my games would be locked, or I’d be banned from Home for life
That's what I was going at. Put some Wonder traded stuff into my own account for second to be registered and nothing happened. Just released them. If they're legal, within stats and all that, you should be ok.

malcolm_n

Pokemon Collector
The only time I've heard them doing something like that is if you tried to use them in an official capacity. I'm 99% sure that there won't be an issue with them just taking up space. Mind you, I haven't used anything of this nature since gen 3, and even then I think it was just the duplication process (not AR).

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I have some questions regarding Home & Pokemon Bank transfers:

-I'm currently waiting until Crown Tundra DLC comes out until I move my Pokemon, but like has it been pretty safe to transfer now? I've heard of some scary bugs/errors where Pokemon would be deleted upon sending them to Home.
-Also in regards to them getting down on hacked mons, would Arbitrary Code Shiny Mew be safe, or is that one I shouldn't risk sending over?

BCVM22

I've heard of some scary bugs/errors where Pokemon would be deleted upon sending them to Home.

To whatever extent you may have heard of this, I don't believe any of it was particularly widespread or well-documented.

The platform isn't perfect but it's mostly effective and the infrastructure mostly sound. Your chances of losing a Pokémon to random deletion on HOME are very, very, very low.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Do Room trades have to have more than 2 people to work? Cause I tried doing one and every time it ended, it said I left the room.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Welp, I deposited Urshifu in, saved, and put him back out. Urshifu is now registered but not Kubfu. I guess I'll wait until my next chance to get Kubfu.

Also, I save Pokémon that are hacked to have, say, all maximum Individual Values in a single box in my Shield PC, which I then use for breeding. They're very good at cutting down on the number of steps for breeding.

Ariki

Just came on to post I hope they integrate Go into Home soon. I have a lot of non-gen 1 pokemon I want to store away...

Pokemon Power

Welp, I deposited Urshifu in, saved, and put him back out. Urshifu is now registered but not Kubfu. I guess I'll wait until my next chance to get Kubfu.

Also, I save Pokémon that are hacked to have, say, all maximum Individual Values in a single box in my Shield PC, which I then use for breeding. They're very good at cutting down on the number of steps for breeding.
I made sure to register Kubfu first before evolving it into Urshifu.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
FINALLY!!! Hopefully the Go transfer feature will be available by the time the Crown Tundra comes out

One thing I’m curious about is how they’ll handle the OT for Go transfers. I can see the game either using the username from Go or giving the transfered pokémon your Home OT like they do with Mystery Gifts

Last edited:

Ariki

FINALLY!!! Hopefully the Go transfer feature will be available by the time the Crown Tundra comes out
Fingers crossed! I've caught a few Pokémon I wanna dump in Home/transfer to Sword and Shield that aren't Gen 1. Very excited as I've started to play Go as a way to get my Pokémon fix when I'm out and about travelling.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Does that mean I can finally transfer a bunch of random crap I have in GO that I don't need but reluctant to transfer for candy? Pog.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Does that mean I can finally transfer a bunch of random crap I have in GO that I don't need but reluctant to transfer for candy? Pog.
You need Pokecoins to do so.

Now the question is if you need to keep paying Pokecoins to transfer. If so, that would be terrible.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Yo, we're getting G-Max Melmetal when we first transfer from GO to Home!

Last edited:

PsychoLogical

Now the question is if you need to keep paying Pokecoins to transfer. If so, that would be terrible.
That depends on how much it requires since I'm actually an active GO player along with the main series so I often get the usual pokecoins from gyms from whenever. If it costs quite alot then I will have issues.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

Seriously? Why not just make it free like Let’s Go transfers? This kind of sounds like a rip-off since knowing Go it’ll probably cost 100 pokécoins just to transfer one pokémon

PsychoLogical

Seriously? Why not just make it free like Let’s Go transfers? This kind of sounds like a rip-off since knowing Go it’ll probably cost 100 pokécoins just to transfer one pokémon
TPC and Niantic being greedy as usual cause why not.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

Ugh. That's stupid. Yea it would be terrible. This is the straw that broke a camel's back for me. I pay $20 a year for Home, $10 for Pokebank (using eshop cards, of course). I generally only have around 200 Pokecoins on me at one time, since I don't do a ton of gym battling. And that money usually goes towards expanding my Pokemon storage.

I wonder who was the 'genius' who came up with this idea? :rolleyes: Once again, whales get the advantage. At this point, it'll take me forever to trade stuff over. Just sounds like a joyless hassle at this point. Way to suck the fun out of things, TPC, Game Freak and Niantic.

Hoping a lot of people complain about this crap move by them.

PsychoLogical

Ugh. That's stupid. Yea it would be terrible. This is the straw that broke a camel's back for me. I pay $20 a year for Home, $10 for Pokebank (using eshop cards, of course). I generally only have around 200 on me at one time, since I don't do a ton of gym battling. And that money usually goes towards expanding my Pokemon storage.

I wonder who was the 'genius' who came up with this idea? :rolleyes: Once again, whales get the advantage. At this point, it'll take me forever to trade stuff over. Just sounds like a joyless hassle at this point. Way to suck the fun out of things, TPC, Game Freak and Niantic.
I think this is more on TPC and Niantic's part to say the least. Especially from TPC.